Windows 10: PC keeps restarting

Discus and support PC keeps restarting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello my pc keeps restarting over and over. And yes i did some research on google, some people say that it may be RAM modules not working, so i took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nex, Mar 8, 2016.

1. NEX
    nex Win User

PC keeps restarting

Hello my pc keeps restarting over and over. And yes i did some research on google, some people say that it may be RAM modules not working, so i took one module out and same problem swapped another one, and still same problem,so it's not with RAM. Some say it may be BIOS settings, but i can't get to bios it just restart before i can open it,my monitor won't even turn on because it keeps restarting.

Then i thought maybe power cable is not plugged in properly, because my pc uses laptop power cable... But no.
    Is it possible that my hard drive is dying?
    My pc is crap hp 110-001ea, originally it had 4gb 1 ram slot so i installed one more 4gb.

EDIT: I checked my motherboard to see if anything is not plugged in properly, but everything seems ok so, i think there's two possibilities. First dying hard drive, and second BIOS.

What can i do?

Thanks for reading.

:)

2. PC Keeps restarting

Hi Cindy,

In order to help you resolve your black screen issues, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps on the link below under
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Cindy S74 Win User
    PC Keeps restarting

Hi!

I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 24 5475 with windows 10. It restarts by itself too often and it's to a point where it's really giving me the ****. I can be in the middle of reading or doing something and it will go black screen and restart. It shouldn't
    be doing what it's doing and i have no idea how to stop it. Please help!

Cindy S74, Mar 8, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

PC keeps restarting

Care to try doing a disk check ?
    Elevated Command Prompt > chkdsk /f/r

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  5. NEX
    nex Win User
    Thanks for help

I can't get into Windows, because when i start my PC, it will restart after 5-10 seconds.

6. davidhk Win User
    Perhaps, bite the bullet and do a Clean Install.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  7. NEX
    nex Win User
    Ok how do i do that? Can't get to BIOS, and i need to get to BIOS so i could start windows from USB not hard drive.

Sorry forgot to mention that i'm here with my 2nd PC, my main is stuck at rebooting every time.

8. davidhk Win User

PC keeps restarting

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  9. NEX
    nex Win User
    Just tried that, every restart pressed different button, but still no luck getting in BIOS. looks like my pc is completely dead.

10. davidhk Win User
    Shut down computer > restart > immediately pressing F2 or F12 key repeatedly until you see the proper screen.

Hope that works for you because that's how I did it on my computers.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  11. NEX
    nex Win User
    That's what i did. When i installed Windows 7, i could get to bios by pressing ESC but now it's not working. Keeps restarting and restarting and restarting.

12. davidhk Win User
    Sorry. I can't think of any other way to start a Clean Install.

Let's wait for someone to come along.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  13. Word Man Win User

PC keeps restarting

1) Shut down the PC
    2) After what appears to be shutdown, hold the power button in for a full 30 seconds, then release.
    3) Push power button to restart and immediately start hammering the Esc key repeatedly.

Does that get you into the BIOS?

Word Man, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC keeps restarting

1. PC keeps restarting - Similar Threads - keeps restarting

2. my pc keep restarting randmoly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keep restarting randmoly: hellomy pc game restarting randomly on games and the issue is also happening when I'm idle on my desktop, or browsing ive did all the stress test and didnt crashnow it got so bad that it restart every 5min i dont even gave me time to update my gpu driver spex RX 580 4GPI5...
  3. my pc keep restarting randmoly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc keep restarting randmoly: hellomy pc game restarting randomly on games and the issue is also happening when I'm idle on my desktop, or browsing ive did all the stress test and didnt crashnow it got so bad that it restart every 5min i dont even gave me time to update my gpu driver spex RX 580 4GPI5...
  4. my pc keep restarting randmoly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my pc keep restarting with new errors every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keep restarting with new errors every time: for the past month I been having blue screen of death and my pc keep restarting whenever I start a game.I will have the game running for a while then the entire pc freeze, the freeze stay for seconds and sometime it stays for more than 5 minutes. it mostly happen after I...
  6. my pc keep restarting with new errors every time

my pc keep restarting with new errors every time: for the past month I been having blue screen of death and my pc keep restarting whenever I start a game.I will have the game running for a while then the entire pc freeze, the freeze stay for seconds and sometime it stays for more than 5 minutes. it mostly happen after I...
  7. my pc keep restarting with new errors every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...: I’m on the screen where it asks about my region and time zone and stuff and I click next and then it says “Why Did MyPC Restart” it also says “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help us get things working again”...
  9. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...: I’m on the screen where it asks about my region and time zone and stuff and I click next and then it says “Why Did MyPC Restart” it also says “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help us get things working again”...
  10. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade