Windows 10: PC locks up randomly (No BSOD)

Discus and support PC locks up randomly (No BSOD) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bimfi, Apr 2, 2018.

1. bimfi Win User

PC locks up randomly (No BSOD)

Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA it. Got new CPU to utilize integrated graphics ports. Every once in a while (about once or twice a week) PC will lock-up, meaning the mouse will freeze and the keyboard will not work. Thought it may be the wireless mouse/keyboard, so connected wired inputs. Not the problem as far as I can tell. Last time it occurred, I went into event viewer and found FUFAXSTM.exe and FUFAXLDB.dll in the error list. Not sure why my Epson printer FAX utility would cause issues, but I uninstalled the program (don't have phone line anyway). Like I said, it is random, so I never know when it will occur again. I'm running the Windows Defender program and Malwarebytes, but am not sure if these are enough to check for viruses or trojans. Is this issue (FUFAX) a known issue, or am I just being paranoid?

I apologize for not running the DM log collector. It wasn't a BSOD per se.

:)

bimfi, Apr 2, 2018
  2. Barry.A Win User

unexpected store exception BSOD

While gaming my computer randomly locks up and bsod with this error unexpected store exception

Ill attach the mini dump I found after the crash

MiniDump file

Barry.A, Apr 2, 2018
  3. BSoD on Windows 10

I was just sitting on PC today looking at youtube and talking to some friends and suddenly the BSoD appears. My pc turned off and then i turned it on again. I restarted and as i restarted i got the BSoD again. I then started my pc up again and shut it
    down, the BSoD didn't appear. For some reason when i restart my PC i get the BSoD however when shutting down i don't. It has only happened once randomly but i am writing this straight after it happened. HELP!

Teddy Dixon, Apr 2, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

The logs showed that the FAX utility crashed mainly in the period of 27th to 29th March.

Have there been any more freezes since you removed the FAX utility?

I use WD and Malwarebytes and have never felt the need for anything else, I also use common sense and do not open things that are suspicious or click on links that I am unsure of.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
  5. bimfi Win User
    Thank you for your response. So far, I haven't had it lock up since I removed the FAX utility. I follow the same philosophy when it comes to websites and unknown links. Thanks again!

bimfi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC locks up randomly (No BSOD) - Similar Threads - locks randomly BSOD

2. PC Locking up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Locking up: So I've had this issue for about a year at this point and I have tried everything that I can possibly think of to fix the issue: whenever I'm playing a game, completely random, my computer freezes except for my mouse and keyboard. I can close most apps but they still remain...
  3. PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly: GPU: RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xRAM: 32g Corsair MoBo: MSI x570 Recently I have been having an issue where my computer will begin to become unresponsive. At first I thought that it was totally at random but I have narrowed it down to when I am watching a youtube video....
  4. Computer locks up randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer locks up randomly: I have a home built computer. MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI motherboard, 3600x processor, 32 GB corsair vengeance DDR4 3200, EVGA 1070 graphics card. Win 10 64 bit version 2004. I get random computer lock ups while watching youtube. It seems to happen only while watching...
  5. pc locks up randomly in 1909

pc locks up randomly in 1909: my hp probook 6555b keeps locking up after start up its 15 to 45 min after start up i amon 1909 latest build in preview ring. pls help windows home ed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-locks-up-randomly-in-1909/a1d99e1e-ce44-46db-81ff-f567bbfdb64c
  6. Random Freezing/Lock-up

Random Freezing/Lock-up: Hello. First time post, but I've run out of options that aren't wiping my computer and fresh installing. A few days ago, I finally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I'm mostly glad I did, but since then, I've been experiencing random freezes in which both screen and...
  7. Random hard locks no BSOD

Random hard locks no BSOD: about 7 days ago my computer began to start freezing up with no common denominator (Gaming, no gaming, browsing, no browsing, watching media, no media, etc) I got frustrated so I tried to disable some drivers and that sent me into a BSOD on boot INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE so I...
  8. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

PC Randomly locks up and freezes: Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year... So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random crashes, well more of a freeze, I can still see everything on the screen but nothing will respond I have to power my system...
  9. System lock ups randomly.

in Windows 10 Support
    System lock ups randomly.: Ok, I have done everything I know how to do and am completely at a loss now. My pc consist of the following parts: CPU:6700k GPU: EVGA 980 TI SC. MB Asus Z170PRO RAM 16gb DDR4 SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 - WD Black Edition 2TB. Temps on the pc are amazing they idle...
  10. Windows 10 PC locking up at random times

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PC locking up at random times: I'm not sure why my PC is locking up,when it does,there is no sound, I have to hit my reset button..Let me know what I need to post to fix this 89835