Windows 10: PC never waking up? Screen may have something to do with it?

Discus and support PC never waking up? Screen may have something to do with it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just bought a custom PC. So far it runs great and boots fast. It's an i7 8700k with an Nvidia 1080, 750w and a Gigabyte Z370X. Lately I'd notice my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wombo, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Wombo Win User

PC never waking up? Screen may have something to do with it?

I just bought a custom PC. So far it runs great and boots fast. It's an i7 8700k with an Nvidia 1080, 750w and a Gigabyte Z370X. Lately I'd notice my computer would enter a sort of hibernation. The lights would be on and the computer would be running, but my screen is off. I'd need to turn it on in order to get it back online. Any ideas? (sleep and hibernate are off)

:)

Wombo, Dec 29, 2017

2. Windows won't wake up from sleep after upgrading to windows 10.

After upgrading my Alienware Alpha to windows 10, my pc is never able to wake up from sleep. It ends up going to this screen and then I have to restart my pc. (This may not be the exact same screen, but it should be pretty close)

PC never waking up? Screen may have something to do with it? [​IMG]

Brian Kugler, Dec 29, 2017
  3. PNapa21 Win User
    Blue Screen; UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

*Original Title: Blue Screen

Why do I only get Blue Screens on waking my PC from sleep. I never get them otherwise, and when I do get them it`s only when I wake my PC from sleep mode and not every time.

PS: These are the ones I get

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

BAD_POOL_HEADER

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

PNapa21, Dec 29, 2017
  4. davehc Win User

Try changing the HD sleep state to "never"

davehc, Dec 29, 2017
  5. Wombo Win User
    Did that. Didn't work.

Wombo, Dec 29, 2017
  6. Wombo Win User
    Never occurred to me...on a hunch I checked my screen if it had some kind of power safer. Lo and behold, it did. Perhaps this could be it...

Wombo, Dec 29, 2017
  7. Maybe worth listing the make and model of the monitor incase others with the same set up have the same issue *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 29, 2017
  8. Wombo Win User

I'm 99% sure it was the monitor power save feature!

Wombo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC never waking up? Screen may have something to do with it? - Similar Threads - never waking Screen

2. Dual monitor with laptop. They NEVER wake up automatically

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor with laptop. They NEVER wake up automatically: I've had this problem with an HP laptop and dock, and a Lenovo laptop with J5Create hub. If waking or booting, I always have to dis/re-connect the HDMI for one or both monitors to get them to wake up (sometimes multiple times). Sometimes I have to dis/re-connect the hub to...
  3. Waking up to a green screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking up to a green screen: I have been awaking to a green screen.Monitor offBrowsers and some other apps in the background.I have all the latest driverssfc /scannow passed.If I close all the apps I do not get a green screen.My research has suggested that windows green screened because some app was not...
  4. Waking up to a green screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waking up to a green screen: I have been awaking to a green screen.Monitor offBrowsers and some other apps in the background.I have all the latest driverssfc /scannow passed.If I close all the apps I do not get a green screen.My research has suggested that windows green screened because some app was not...
  5. Slow screen wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow screen wake up: so recently i noticed something weird with my laptop. when i try to wake the screen from screen timeout it take a long time to respond, it show black screen for like 10-20 sec and then go to main screen. My laptop is ROG gl553vd i put my windows on m.2, 16gb of ram. with m.2...
  6. Laptop waking up at 4am and playing SOMETHING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop waking up at 4am and playing SOMETHING: I was waken up at near exactly 4am to what sounded like an audiobook ("From 10 to 25..."). Should I call the priest now or tomorrow Laptop was shut but on sleep mode submitted by /u/BasicRedditor101 [link] [comments]...
  7. Glitchy screen on wake-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Glitchy screen on wake-up: [ATTACH] Anyone else experience this before? It happens almost every time my laptop screen goes to sleep when I walk away and come back to wake it up and see this. It doesn't seem to affect anything as far as I can tell, and clears away slowly in bits as I move my cursor...
  8. How do you wake up the screen saver.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you wake up the screen saver.: It will not wake up when moving the mouse or hitting a key. I have to use Ctrl/Alt/Delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-wake-up-the-screen-saver/e425ebda-6d37-4e6a-8f1e-60beafb5d267
  9. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC never wakes after going to sleep mode: HI , I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1809 Issue 1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked ( turned off ). then I have to force shut down it to use it again as striking the keys and moving the cursor is not helping me . it's like unresponsive . 2 :...
  10. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289