Windows 10: PC not booting after an update

Discus and support PC not booting after an update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I been running 10 for about a week and this morning it rebooted for an update. Now I have message" reboot and select proper boot device or insert media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ash55, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ash55 Win User

PC not booting after an update

I been running 10 for about a week and this morning it rebooted for an update. Now I have message" reboot and select proper boot device or insert media in selected boot device and press any key" *Sad

I tried the Windows 10 dvd I made but all it seems to do is install windows. Please help.

If this is in the wrong section, admin please feel free to move it.

:)

ash55, Aug 7, 2015

2. PC not booting after upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 1511

Hi,

It is unfortunate that the PC does not boot. I will be happy to answer your query. Let me ask you;

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How did you perform the upgrade?
    • Was the upgrade successful?
    • Have you been able to boot the PC to desktop after the upgrade or it will just not boot?
    I would suggest you to run Startup repair from Advance boot option. It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair. You have to create an installation media for that. You may download an ISO from the below link:

Download Windows 10

To run Startup repair from Advance boot option, follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart
      in Power icon.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Now click on Startup Repair.
    • Follow the further instructions.
    Now check for the issue. If it still persists Copy and burn the ISO image of operating system on to a DVD or USB using Windows 7 DVD/USB tool software:

Windows USB/DVD Download Tool - Microsoft Store

Now check for the issue. Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Lithg2 Win User
    PC not booting after upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 1511

PC not booting up after windows 10 1511 update from windows 7

Lithg2, Aug 7, 2015
  4. ash55 Win User

OK problem fixed*Biggrin . I had a loose SATA connection to the MB. It must have been where I installed a new DVD player a few days ago. Funny it been OK up to now. Anyway hopefully it will all be OK now.

ash55, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. PC not booting after an update - Similar Threads - booting update

2. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  3. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  4. My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot: My laptop doing windows update and doing restart, after that the screen showing windows update, but after doing restart again, the message from update is "undoing changes made to your computer" and after that blue screen appeared. I can't access safe mode, automatic repair,...
  5. My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot

My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot: My laptop doing windows update and doing restart, after that the screen showing windows update, but after doing restart again, the message from update is "undoing changes made to your computer" and after that blue screen appeared. I can't access safe mode, automatic repair,...
  6. Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot: Hello!A user updated their Surface Laptop 4 overnight and when they came back in the following day, it would no longer boot. Upon review, I did find that it was fully unable to POST, get to BIOS, etc. This laptop is just 2 months out of support, so I can't send it to...
  7. Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot

Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot: Hello!A user updated their Surface Laptop 4 overnight and when they came back in the following day, it would no longer boot. Upon review, I did find that it was fully unable to POST, get to BIOS, etc. This laptop is just 2 months out of support, so I can't send it to...
  8. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  9. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  10. November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix: I had downloaded the November 2023 windows 11 update when it got rolled out 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based System. Ever since that update, I have been having a lot of issues with my laptops boot driver, I will start up my laptop and it...