Windows 10: PC not turning off

Discus and support PC not turning off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bjproc, Dec 6, 2016.

1. bjproc Win User

PC not turning off

i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much

The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and clicking on start > shut down, it just reboots.
    When i press the on button on the case for 5+ seconds to turn the PC off it does shut down but i see the lights on the keyboard are still on.

Also got classic shell installed if it matters

Does this sound as if the power connectors onto the MB are not quite right?

:)

bjproc, Dec 6, 2016

2. PC Not Turning Off Correctly

Hi Jill,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This may be arise if you did not configured the power settings properly. I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue.

1) Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

2) Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

3) Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on Power.

4) Click on Advanced on the power troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

5) Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 6, 2016
  3. PC Not Turning Off Correctly

Whenever I try to turn off my Windows 10 PC, the WiFi button stays on white (Connected) for 30 seconds or so, and than turns red, and doesn't do anything else. I tried leaving it on for a while to see if it did anything, but it didn't, so I have to hold
    the power button to turn it off. It started doing this when I updated to Windows 10.

jillschneibolk, Dec 6, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

PC not turning off

What are settings of your power button.
    Check if hibernation is set and change it to shut down.
    Go to power settings>choose what the powerbuttons do> shut down

lifetec, Dec 6, 2016
  5. lifetec Win User
    When searching for this problem found a few possible solutions.

1. In Device manager> Network adapter> network card> power management > uncheck allow this device to start computer.

2. Disable fast startup under power settings.

3. Edit your registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
    change the key: "PowerdownAfterShutdown" to "1"

4. Reset your BIOS to default.

lifetec, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC not turning off

1. PC not turning off - Similar Threads - turning off

2. My touchpad turn off on it own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad turn off on it own.: I have a Lenovo Flex 5i, 13th gen Intel, Windows 11. pen and touch supported. I have noticed that my laptop will have turn the touchpad off by itself whenever I first open it, and throughout the day. What happens is that the cursor will not appear on the screen anymore. if it...
  3. My touchpad turn off on it own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad turn off on it own.: I have a Lenovo Flex 5i, 13th gen Intel, Windows 11. pen and touch supported. I have noticed that my laptop will have turn the touchpad off by itself whenever I first open it, and throughout the day. What happens is that the cursor will not appear on the screen anymore. if it...
  4. Cannot turn off Core_isolation_Memory_integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn off Core_isolation_Memory_integrity: Hello,I have been dealing with this problem for 7 hours now, watching nearly 30 tutorials and reading 3 forums. I simply cannot deactivate core isolation. I have full admin rights, I've also disabled/enabled tried both VMX in the BIOS. Secure Boot is also disabled. However, I...
  5. Cannot turn off Core_isolation_Memory_integrity

Cannot turn off Core_isolation_Memory_integrity: Hello,I have been dealing with this problem for 7 hours now, watching nearly 30 tutorials and reading 3 forums. I simply cannot deactivate core isolation. I have full admin rights, I've also disabled/enabled tried both VMX in the BIOS. Secure Boot is also disabled. However, I...
  6. Pc turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  7. Pc turning off while gaming

Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  8. HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11: My Laptop screen is damaged so I use an HDMI Monitor, when I try updating to windows 11 it'll show some of the progress and then the monitor will turn off and No Matter what I do it will not turn back on so I have no idea what the progress of my update is, Any solutions?...
  9. HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11

HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11: My Laptop screen is damaged so I use an HDMI Monitor, when I try updating to windows 11 it'll show some of the progress and then the monitor will turn off and No Matter what I do it will not turn back on so I have no idea what the progress of my update is, Any solutions?...
  10. HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade