Windows 10: PC ramdomly goes to sleep on a loop Windows 10

Discus and support PC ramdomly goes to sleep on a loop Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have started experiencing this really irritating problem a few days ago, it started slowly but now it rendered my PC completely unusable. At first it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EnikoPopa, Aug 21, 2018.

1. EnikoPopa Win User

PC ramdomly goes to sleep on a loop Windows 10

I have started experiencing this really irritating problem a few days ago, it started slowly but now it rendered my PC completely unusable. At first it would just randomly go into sleep mode while I was working and instantly snap out of it on it's own and my login screen would appear and then I could use it again for a bit before the issue repeated itself. Now, I turn my PC on, login screen appears, I start typing my password in and after about 3-4 keys pressed it loops back to sleep-come out of sleep on it's own-login screen appears and that happend again and again without getting past it at all. If I don't try to type my password in or click, it just happily stays like that on the login screen without zoning out again. I have never seen anything like this in my life. I tried everthing regarding sleep mode timers, all my drivers are up to date, windows is up to date. Please share any insight. Thanks.

:)

EnikoPopa, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Aug 21, 2018
  3. PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hello

I have Dell core i5(7th generation). I am using windows 10. My system goes to sleep automatically sometimes. I have increased sleep set time but still I doesn't work. I usually happens while playing video game on my laptop. The game keep on running but system
    goes to sleep and I continues when I log in again.

Please suggest any solution for this problem.

Thank You.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

HamzaMinhas1, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. PC ramdomly goes to sleep on a loop Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ramdomly goes sleep

2. PC Goes To Sleep Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Goes To Sleep Automatically: Hi, I need a little help with my pc. Recently I have been having a problem with my laptop going into sleep mode randomly even if I'm using it at the moment it happens. Sometimes it happens, once I turn it on, it doesn't happen anymore for a few minutes. But sometimes it goes...
  3. PC ramdomly shutting down.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC ramdomly shutting down.: Hi, so this happens when i play valorant, i think it has only happened when i play this game the screen goes black and the tower stays on like everything is working and i have to power it down by holding the power butten. PC SPECS AMD 1770x crosshair 6 hero Team dark pro...
  4. Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly

Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly: Hi, I have a Gateway desktop PC with Windows 10 installed. The computer goes to sleep even while I am working on it, including typing or scrolling with the mouse. Typically, if no input is being received if I am reading a document, for example, it will sleep after 2...
  5. PC goes to sleep while browsing and streaming on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC goes to sleep while browsing and streaming on Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 version 1903. Whenever i watch youtube or browse something using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge my screen goes black and goes to sleep. I am facing this issue from the Windows 10 version 1803. I updated to latest version so that it may fix the problem...
  6. Ramdom Chimeing sounds on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ramdom Chimeing sounds on windows 10: How do I get rid of random Chiming sounds on my windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ramdom-chimeing-sounds-on-windows-10/9e21cb94-c952-4da3-af7b-59b3288e2920
  7. windows 10 goes to sleep

windows 10 goes to sleep: Have all the settings for power and screen saver to NEVER. Just started recently to go to sleep every 10 minutes. Did this happen with the recent updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-goes-to-sleep/8a798d07-4d70-42e8-bb9d-b4c4734aa182
  8. Controller goes to sleep (WINDOWS 10)

Controller goes to sleep (WINDOWS 10): I have a question about the xbox one controller after so many times of turning on and it connecting to my labtop I've noticed it will continue blinking but will not reconnect at all I've had to to unpair and pair to get it to work again is there any buttons on the controller...
  9. Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep: I am using windows 10 in HP notebook. My PC freezes every time when it goes to sleep and I need to restart it every time. The screen also not black but it has red and some different colors in it. And there is a small square appeared which in turn shows the mouse cursor. I...
  10. PC goes into an endless BOOT loop

PC goes into an endless BOOT loop: Boot loop Dell Inspiron 530 Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit AMD Athlon 64 dual core 4GB DDR2 EVGA Graphics Card PC showed no sign of powering on, Removed graphics card Disconnected HDD and DVD/CD ROM Tested the power supply unit with multi meter all voltages are OK Removed CMOS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ramdomly sleep mode

2. pc goes to sleep despite settings