Windows 10: Pc ran into a problem

Discus and support Pc ran into a problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had just bought a dell xps 15 and have had it for a week used it 3 or 4 times. Yesterday i went to the start button and pressed shut down and update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShadenSmith, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Pc ran into a problem

I had just bought a dell xps 15 and have had it for a week used it 3 or 4 times. Yesterday i went to the start button and pressed shut down and update. It took a very long time the last time i looked it at it was 30% done and i went to sleep the next thing i knew my laptop wont start anymore. It pops up your pc blah blah. Theres nothing i can do its constantly going to diagnostics and restarting and saying the same tjing ive went to command and tried things and no luck. Do i have to take this to someone and pay??? This is crazy.

:)

ShadenSmith, Aug 15, 2018

2. Your PC ran into a problem and needs restarting

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Would you be able to capture an image or a screenshot of the complete error message that your getting?
    • Were there any software or application you've recently installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 15, 2018
  3. PC ran into a problem

Hi Argel,

• The stop code error began within this past week
    • I have an HP laptop and just updated the Bios
    • It's happening once a day
    • What I'm getting is a blue screen that first shows the sad face Pc ran into a problem :( followed by: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."
    • Then it states "If you call a support person, give them this info:" which is what I typed above.

LawrenceIben, Aug 15, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Pc ran into a problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Pc ran into a problem

1. Pc ran into a problem - Similar Threads - ran problem

2. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart: My name is Jonathan I don't know what problem does my laptop have since yesterday morning it informed that it ran into problem and needs to restart but since it started to restart still it's on 0%* Changed to a question* Original title: Hello...
  3. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart: My name is Jonathan I don't know what problem does my laptop have since yesterday morning it informed that it ran into problem and needs to restart but since it started to restart still it's on 0%* Changed to a question* Original title: Hello...
  4. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Green screen - Your Window Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green screen - Your Window Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're...: i am getting frequent multiple times a day window error on a Green Screen - Your Window Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart. I would like to quit getting updated but when I go to the windows inside program settings the settings are greyed out so I can't...
  6. Green screen - Your Window Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're...

Green screen - Your Window Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're...: i am getting frequent multiple times a day window error on a Green Screen - Your Window Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart. I would like to quit getting updated but when I go to the windows inside program settings the settings are greyed out so I can't...
  7. Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X: The problem is the network adapter keeps not working, so i discovered that the driver itself is the problem because it doesn't work very well with windows 11, So i tried to download a new one but ended up deleting the driver itself so i downgraded to windows 10 so i can find...
  8. Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X

Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X: The problem is the network adapter keeps not working, so i discovered that the driver itself is the problem because it doesn't work very well with windows 11, So i tried to download a new one but ended up deleting the driver itself so i downgraded to windows 10 so i can find...
  9. Your device ran into problems and needs to restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your device ran into problems and needs to restart.: I have a problem that my computer gives a black screen when I restart it. The stop code is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: ntoskrnl.exe...
  10. Your device ran into problems and needs to restart.

Your device ran into problems and needs to restart.: I have a problem that my computer gives a black screen when I restart it. The stop code is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: ntoskrnl.exe...