Windows 10: PC reboot loop after update to Windows 10

Discus and support PC reboot loop after update to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning everyone, I was using a machine with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and it was working perfect till the day I upgraded to Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris81CH, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Chris81CH Win User

PC reboot loop after update to Windows 10

Good morning everyone,

I was using a machine with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and it was working perfect till the day I upgraded to Windows 10.
    First, I had a few problems during the update, probably due to the not updated (with the last drivers) nVidia card.

My specs:
    -SSD hard drive as boot
    -MOBO is Gigabyte GA-768XP-UD3P updated with the lastest BIOS from 2013, UEFI.
    -a few other hard drives
    -nVidia GTX 980 graphic card

Well, I finally was able to install the Windows system, but after the shut down and boot, I couldn't enter it.
    The computer started to reboot after a few seconds, sometimes I'm able to see the BIOS screen (but pressing any button doesn't work) and then it boots again in a few seconds.

After some search online, I understood it could be a problem of the BIOS that was corrupted (why if it worked till the day before??).
    I used a very strange system to press the power on button and put down and up the PSU for 3 times, then when I rebooted again I saw the screen with "The main BIOS is corrupted and we have to recover it from a backup".

The setup of the BIOS from backup worked, but with "load optimized default" I then got a Windows 10 blue screen error " :-( INNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

I then entered again the BIOS and changed some info like AHCI, UEFI only, etc.
    Then, after a reboot it worked and I could enter WINDOWS 10 finally.

I thought I was OK, then I tried a reboot and it worked.
    BUT, when I tried to first shutdown and then boot, again I went inside the BIOS reboot loop!!!!!*Mad*Mad

Like if all I did before has to be done again and again!
    I checked the SSD to with chkdsk /f/r and everything is OK.

Any suggestion? It seems like the update of the BIOS doesn't work good with Win 10

Thank you
    Chris

:)

Chris81CH, Aug 2, 2015
  2. LNobin Win User

my lumia 525 after windows 10 update got often into reboot loop and presently it is under reboot loop for a month

my lumia 525 after windows 10 update got often into reboot loop and presently it is under reboot loop for a month

LNobin, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Biders Win User
    WDF_Violation Win 10

Hi,

I upgraded my win 7 machine to windows 10. Everything going fine, then did some further updates. After the reboot, I had a looping message saying the WDF_Violation error and the PC reboot loop after update to Windows 10 :( the computer will have to restart. This looped several times. Now the PC
    has no display output. The monitor screen says no signal but the PC is on!

Help!

Biders, Aug 2, 2015
  4. khoaquang Win User

Hi Chris
    You can follow the instruction:
    Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3081424 Fails to Install, Stuck in Reboot Loop - Softpedia
    It helps me.
    Ragards

khoaquang, Aug 11, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    Hi there, I am just gathering information - Did you update OTS (Over The Air) or did you do an In-Place Install Update, with a Disk?

XweAponX, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Bralle9 Win User
    Hello Chris!
    Uhm, have you made a backup for your pc before upgrading to Win10? I upgraded my Win8 Pro to Win10 pro and after a while, my laptop crashed and it just didnt want to be fixed (went into a reboot loop). Maybe do a clean installation of Win10? I made a clean installation from an USB, you can also do it via a Disk CD by installing everything right here -> Windows 10 <-
    Hope all goes well mate! *Smile
    Regards,
    Gabriel

Bralle9, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Here is what is happening. First you do the free upgrade to win 10. You find that there are problems so you chose RESET to give you a fresh install The install goes to 99% and then sticky you in this endless loop. Online search shows it is a common problem but no posts from anyone who has fought their way out of the paper bag. The "C" drive or whatever letter it was has a small file called " windows install or something like that. I don't exactly remember because I was quick to delete it. As long as it is on that drive it will always put you in the loop. The answer is to take the drive and put it in a USB case then plug it into another computer. In " Manage" delete the drive and then reformat. Put it back in the computer and boot with the install drive from your last operating system. Hopefully you have the key. Then take every hardware off your computer and start the upgrade again with your brand new untouched WIN 7 ( or whatever)system. For windows updates chose " notify before downloading". Otherwise the Win 10 will get messed up with the updates going on. It's a lot of work and hours but it works

Johnkuestner, Aug 15, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

Disable windows fast boot.

Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC reboot loop after update to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - reboot loop update

2. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update: My Windows 10 is stuck in a reboot loop after aborting Windows Update. BIOS and dual booting are still accessible indeed I am posting this question through my Ubuntu installation, but booting Windows causes the loop. The computer will turn off several seconds after the "Press...
  3. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update: My Windows 10 is stuck in a reboot loop after aborting Windows Update. BIOS and dual booting are still accessible indeed I am posting this question through my Ubuntu installation, but booting Windows causes the loop. The computer will turn off several seconds after the "Press...
  4. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC boot loop after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that the PC boot logo spun for a few minutes, froze and then rebooted and did the same thing and you don't want to get out of that boot cycle.Any help would be appreciated....
  6. PC boot loop after reboot

PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. PC boot loop after reboot

PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update

PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update: Hi there, I am having issues with my Acer PC after a windows 10 update. PC going into a reboot loop. I can go into the bios using del/f12 keys but have failed to reboot from hard-drive, removal device and usb etc so no avail. PC keeps saying its trying to go back to last...
  9. Reboot loop after failed windows update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reboot loop after failed windows update.: My PC started an automatic update recently but it failed half way through and now it won't start up. After the windows logo appears the dots appear underneath and cycle for some time afterwards the screen goes blank then two screens reading 'attempting to recover your...
  10. Stuck in a reboot loop after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a reboot loop after windows 10 update: My Lenovo laptop is stuck in a loop after trying to install a windows 10 update. The Lenovo icon comes on, then the spinning wheel then Attempting to..... then Restoring from previous version... then the Lenovo icon etc. I have tried leaving the machine run doing this for...