Windows 10: PC reboots by itself since Win10 upgrade

Discus and support PC reboots by itself since Win10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10, my computer randomly reboots (from hibernation mode). Once it was exactly at 3:00 AM, the other were random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Niklas, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Niklas Win User

PC reboots by itself since Win10 upgrade

Ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10, my computer randomly reboots (from hibernation mode). Once it was exactly at 3:00 AM, the other were random times. The spookiest of all times was when it randomly booted, I shut it down, and then it booted again five minutes later - two times in a row. I took a look into the Event Viewer, and the first events are as follows (I have to freely translate as I haven't been able to make my German Windows display the events in English):

- System time was synchronized with the hardware clock
    - The firmware has sent start metrics
    - In this system there are 0x1 start options
    - The start manager waited 0ms for a user input
    - The guideline for the start menu is "0xFEC00000"
    - The start type was "0x2"
    - The system got reactivated from standby. ... [some timestamps] ... Reactivation source: unknown

This has happened more than once (although I can't say for sure that this was always the reason for the unprompted reboot).

I know there are some options to prevent Windows from rebooting, but firstly I'd like to establish the causes as I'm kind of unsettled right now....

:)

Niklas, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Vinny.S Win User

windows 10 keeps rebooting with black screen no cursor

I updated my pc by windows update. It updated itself to new win10 update after installing win10. i have a Dell xps one allinone pc. i tried suggestion posted on that thread you send me but is not working.

i attached a tv to the pc but it didnt work. pc starts i can see only a black screen and switches off itself and reboots. i tried inserting installation cd or usb and nothing works.any other suggestions?

Vinny.S, Aug 17, 2015
  3. korngear Win User
    n95 reboots by itself...

Which FW version do you have?

*#0000#.

korngear, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Emilia Win User

I'm having the same problem!
    it happened suddenly before i save the project i was working on!
    this sucks!!*Mad

Emilia, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Niklas Win User
    Interestingly, I seem to be having the same issue with my laptop, equally upgraded to Windows 10 recently. The status messages in the event viewer there were the same... I also did a virus scan, which didn't turn anything up (which is not equal to 100% security, I know).

Niklas, Aug 17, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    Have you set the system failure default to NOT automatically restart? This should leave the error report on the screen instead of rebooting. Might be helpful for finding out the cause of the restart.

(Ctrl Panel\System\System Protection\Advanced tab\Startup and Recovery Settings\Uncheck Automatically restart).

7. Niklas Win User
    Well, I was a bit ambiguous about the boots. The rebooting after an update was because of an "automatic update" setting, which I have now fixed. The problem of random boots from hibernation remains.

Niklas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC reboots by itself since Win10 upgrade - Similar Threads - reboots itself since

2. PC crashing & rebooting since Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing & rebooting since Windows 11 Upgrade: Hello,I recently upgraded my CPU from AMD Ryzen 5 2400G to AMD Ryzen 7 5700x. Following the CPU upgrade, used Windows 10 for about a month, no problems at all. Turned on my PC one day to see that Windows 11 had been installed. No problems for 1-2 days. Then the PC started...
  3. PC crashing & rebooting since Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing & rebooting since Windows 11 Upgrade: Hello,I recently upgraded my CPU from AMD Ryzen 5 2400G to AMD Ryzen 7 5700x. Following the CPU upgrade, used Windows 10 for about a month, no problems at all. Turned on my PC one day to see that Windows 11 had been installed. No problems for 1-2 days. Then the PC started...
  4. My pc keeps rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps rebooting itself: I noticed my pc keeps rebooting itself while playing a game, it seems to be a hardware issue more than a game issue but it only happens when i play the gameSpecs:Nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6 gbAmd Ryzen 5 1600x quad-core processor16 gb ramMsi B360M PRO-VD plus motherboardEvent...
  5. PC reboots itself when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC reboots itself when gaming: My pc keeps restarting whenever I play a game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-reboots-itself-when-gaming/da07ca43-b8fb-4e94-a2dc-dfb5ff24fa6e
  6. PC reboot itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC reboot itself: Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your reply and sorry for my simple english My pc keep randomly rebooting during the day. It no shows any error or signal and in device manager the only thing is Kernel Power 41, so is kinda generic. I've already reinstalled windows,...
  7. PC shuts down and reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down and reboots by itself: Hello guys! Recently i ran into a pretty unusual problem with my pc. My computer will run for some timesometimes 5 minutes sometimes a few hours and then randomly shut down with the shutting down screen from windows 10.After it shuts down, it reboots itself and continues to...
  8. PC Crashing and rebooting by itself

PC Crashing and rebooting by itself: I get the The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffe0e0fadf4f0, 0xfffffe0e0fadf448, 0x0000000000000000. error, can't find the reason for it. Always it's while playing P3d. I am posting my Memory.dmp file though not sure why it's so heavy, maybe cause I have...
  9. Pc reboots itself at random times.

Pc reboots itself at random times.: Hey, My pc started rebooting itself at random times a week ago. Resets would occur 4-5 times a day at random times. I ran a stress test for my cpu but it worked fine under heavy load. I used intel diagnostic software for cpu again and it passed every test. I booted my pc...
  10. PC Just rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Just rebooting itself: OK so a few weeks ago my PC screen would go off and the oc would reboot. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I am not watching videos or doing anything that would cause it to crash. I am getting an event error 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant...