Windows 10: PC restarts randomly.

Discus and support PC restarts randomly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC reboot randomly... I already formatted the pc, the temperature is not so high and even so it restarts on its own. This weekend, for exemple, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Davis, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Davis Win User

PC restarts randomly.

My PC reboot randomly... I already formatted the pc, the temperature is not so high and even so it restarts on its own.

This weekend, for exemple, I played euro truck simulator 2 all day, while whatching stream and it was all good. Today I also did the same thing, but when I was change the game to Battlerite, my PC rebooted in the middle of a match.

Last week I played Dragon age inquisition for 7 hours. When I stopped playing and started watching stream, it also rebooted

Also last week, I was downloading dark souls and the computer restarted, it was not doing anything at the moment besides to download dark souls.

I do not know what might be causing this problem, can you help me?

Thanks for the collaboration,

:)

Davis, Jan 15, 2018

2. PC restarts randomly

It could suggest you need to update your chipset drivers and BIOS.

I recommend you update the most critical ones: BIOS, Chipset, Display Driver, Network adapters.

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

Andre Da Costa, Jan 15, 2018
  3. PC restarts randomly

In the past few weeks my PC has been restarting randomly. It seems to happen once every day to every other day. What can I do? Would a reset help?

MLeone2010, Jan 15, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

PC restarts randomly.

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

The problem is showing as a 0x124 hardware fault and the error reported by the CPU is a BUS error. It is very difficult to pinpoint what might be causing this error, it could be motherboard, memory, processor, etc. You basically have to test everything and rule out components one at a time.

Here are some guidelines to help you, ask any questions if you are unsure what to do:

PC restarts randomly. [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR
    GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

philc43, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

PC restarts randomly.

1. PC restarts randomly. - Similar Threads - restarts randomly

2. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  3. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  4. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  5. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  6. My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11

My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11: My computer keeps randomly restarting while i am working on it , Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-randomly-restarting-windows-11/3f31537c-a01e-4797-b024-2714cfb1d331
  7. My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11: My computer keeps randomly restarting while i am working on it , Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-randomly-restarting-windows-11/3f31537c-a01e-4797-b024-2714cfb1d331
  8. Driver Power State Failure" randomly makes my PC restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Power State Failure" randomly makes my PC restart: Hello,Recently I've been having an issue where my PC ran into a problem and restarts automatically. The error it shows is "driver Power State Failure." I updated all my drivers, hoping that would resolve the issue but it still persists. Initially touchpad dysfunction and then...
  9. Driver Power State Failure" randomly makes my PC restart

Driver Power State Failure" randomly makes my PC restart: Hello,Recently I've been having an issue where I get a blue screen that says my PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. The error it shows is "driver Power State Failure." I updated all my drivers, hoping that would resolve the issue but it still persists. I have a Dell...
  10. Computer randomly restarts from bug check - 0x00000116

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly restarts from bug check - 0x00000116: This started a few days ago, my computer started restarting several times when i was playing games. It still reboots even when not playing games. GPU is not overclocking and psu is enough wattage: 3070 with 650 watts 80+ gold.Specs:e3 1270v3. 16gb ddr3. rtx 3070. Mobo: Asus...