Windows 10: PC running severely slow but sporadically

Discus and support PC running severely slow but sporadically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've run into a bit of an issue that I have not been able to solve. Issues: PC is running very slow 90% of the time, but about 10% it seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayHewill, Aug 10, 2018.

1. JayHewill Win User

PC running severely slow but sporadically

So I've run into a bit of an issue that I have not been able to solve.

Issues:

PC is running very slow 90% of the time, but about 10% it seems to work fine.

Icons on taskbar disappear and reappear randomly when it isn't working.

Everything loads absurdly slow, like 10 seconds to open a folder and delayed recognition of mouse hovering over a folder, even the mouse itself moves slow.

I believe this started after a CHKDSK. I have installed windows on a brand new hard drive, replaced the ram, and tried reformatting a handful of times (both reset and install new copy of windows as well as from a USB flash boot). Also tried setting the graphics to both NVIDIA as well as the system integrated graphics. Only other thing that makes sense to me (with my limited knowledge) is some motherboard or CPU issue, but replacing that on a laptop is above my ability. I just tried a reformat last night but again no luck.

Application error log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjgvObdwZ7wKalzOEdk48bfgQWg

System error log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjgvObdwZ7wKaQiEOnAPfs4Koow

I know this is a headache, but would appreciate any help at all, would really rather not chuck a $700 laptop.

Thanks!

:)

JayHewill, Aug 10, 2018

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Aug 10, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 10, 2018
  4. PC running severely slow but sporadically

pc running slow

since the last windows 10 up date my pc is running slow and all games music etc has disappeared. my pc is also telling me it is logging me in with a temp pass word. any suggestions please

edwinmills, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

PC running severely slow but sporadically

1. PC running severely slow but sporadically - Similar Threads - running severely slow

2. PC suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly running slow: I recently bought a new game mk1, and I was super frustrated i couldn't run it. It lagged everywhere. So I did a fresh install of windows, because this usually fixed problems. It did for about a week and my computer ran games gloriously. Yesterday I try to open the game and...
  3. PC suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly running slow: I recently bought a new game mk1, and I was super frustrated i couldn't run it. It lagged everywhere. So I did a fresh install of windows, because this usually fixed problems. It did for about a week and my computer ran games gloriously. Yesterday I try to open the game and...
  4. Running into sporadic bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running into sporadic bluescreens: Onedrive link to zip with last 3 minidumps and msinfo file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AooFqsWEugErco_s15clzX3uZmM?e=OIfkqe The bluescreens had an event id of 41, and if I looked up the code right the last two were "INVALID_KERNEL_HANDLE", which is different from the last time I was...
  5. Running into sporadic bluescreens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running into sporadic bluescreens: Onedrive link to zip with last 3 minidumps and msinfo file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AooFqsWEugErco_s15clzX3uZmM?e=OIfkqe The bluescreens had an event id of 41, and if I looked up the code right the last two were "INVALID_KERNEL_HANDLE", which is different from the last time I was...
  6. PC running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC running slow: My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 3584. It running very slow and get hang. When I see in task manager cpu and disk running 100 percent. Pls someone help to solve this, I recently buyed and but it giving still problem....
  7. PC running slow

PC running slow: Just bought a stormforce PC with windows 10. Cannot get this to run , it is so slow. Wifi is fine and all other devices working well. Any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-running-slow/048a431b-b337-4bce-b72d-d337449b016b
  8. slow running pc

slow running pc: why is my computer so slow to load video conferencing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-running-pc/fc46cf6b-0f90-4e16-ac05-98c1e7087fba
  9. PC booting slow and running very slow

PC booting slow and running very slow: My PC has been acting up pretty bad, it seems to have been a deterioration over time as it started rough and is just getting worse. It will take about 10 minutes or so to boot, when i finally get in, even right clicking for the simple drop down menu has my mouse loading for...
  10. PC Running Incredibly Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Running Incredibly Slow: After upgrading to Windows 10, it's just been problem after problem... Everything on my computer is running incredibly slow. GTA 5, Flight Simulator X, all running slower than ever. Even the operating system, simply writing something, is slow. And I have a strong laptop....