Windows 10: PC Running slowly after receiving "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" error, W10

Discus and support PC Running slowly after receiving "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" error, W10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My girlfriend's PC had gotten a blue screen with the error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". Her computer restarted like normal, but is now extremely slow and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheMuffinMan, Aug 30, 2017.

1. PC Running slowly after receiving "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" error, W10

My girlfriend's PC had gotten a blue screen with the error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". Her computer restarted like normal, but is now extremely slow and freezes a lot; its unusable. Any idea on how to fix this? We have tried typing the chkdsk and bootrec /fixboot commands in the command prompt (via the windows 10 USB). This had no effect. The hard drive is secure, plugged in, all the parts are practically new, no dust. Brand new hard drive.

:)

TheMuffinMan, Aug 30, 2017
  2. RamzJ Win User

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error on Windows 10.

I had the same problem; after a restart, I received the Blue Screen with the Unmountable_Boot_Volume error and used the Media Creation Tool as recommended. After more than 15 hours of "repairing the disk", I got a Blue Screen with File:\Boot\BCD Error
    code: 0xc0000098.... what now?

RamzJ, Aug 30, 2017
  3. atikuruu Win User
    5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

PC Running slowly after receiving "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" error, W10

Can you post a screenshot from disk manager so we can see the structure

Samuria, Aug 30, 2017
  5. I would except I can't. We tried a reinstall of windows 10, but it gave us this error code, 0x8007048f, repeatedly.

6. Saltgrass Win User
    The error shows:

ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED1167 (0x48F)The device is not connected.

My initial thought was something went wrong and the boot was modified. But the error might mean the drive is having a problem or is intermittent.

If you are checking internal connections, make sure and check both ends. The power connector also needs to be checked.

If it gave you a unmountable boot device, the files on the drive may have been corrupted or not readable for some reason.

Saltgrass, Aug 30, 2017
  7. It was my guess that they were corrupted. Just keep getting a series of errors and now we can't even reinstall windows. This is the second hard drive we've gotten for her PC. Have no idea.

8. PC Running slowly after receiving "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" error, W10

The 0x8007048f error usually means that a resource that is needed cannot be found. How are you trying to reinstall Windows? Are you using a DVD or a USB device?

With the unmountable boot volume, I would be looking at the SATA cable that is connecting the drive. Make sure connections are correct and tight. Try a different SATA port on the motherboard if you can. Then try a different cable if possible. IF this keeps up, it may be pointing to a motherboard issue, mainly an issue with the SATA controller.

ArazelEternal, Aug 30, 2017
  9. I am using a USB device. We only have one drive plugged in, but it shows 2. One 900 GB drive (her main drive) and on 400 MB drive (which idk what it is). We are going to use a different SATA port right now. I may even get a new sata cable if this doesnt work. It was my idea that it was a bad SATA since this exact thing happened to her original hard drive.

10. Okay, now it wont even detect her hard drive. At all. SATA cable is in a different port, it is secured as well. I have no idea what to do and very much annoyed. Any help would be appreciated.

11. Can you post the specs of her computer, please? This would go a long way to helping us help you.

The 400 MB partition may be a boot partition depending on what kind of boot scheme is set up.

When you made the USB drive to install Windows, how did you go about making it? Did you use Rufus or anything similar?

ArazelEternal, Aug 30, 2017
  12. It was an official USB from Microsoft that came with the code. And the specs are as follows:
    CPU: FX 8320E
    GPU: GTX 1050
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ mATX

TheMuffinMan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC Running slowly after receiving "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" error, W10

1. PC Running slowly after receiving "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" error, W10 - Similar Threads - Running slowly receiving

2. PC running slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...
  3. PC running slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...
  4. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  5. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  6. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Whea uncorrectable error - PC running slowly

Whea uncorrectable error - PC running slowly: I've had a series of technical issues a while ago but it seemed to be resolved after I got kaspersky instead of Bitdefender, but now another issue popped up. This mostly happens when I try to play GTA, where my PC would randomly crash half the time when I launch the game. I...
  8. Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup: Hi there, I had a dual boot system established with two Windows 10 on two separate NVMe SSDs, using the built-in Windows bootmanager. Both SSDs initially not encrypted, the bootmanager system partition located at SSD 1. Now I tried encrypting SSD 2 using Bitlocker. TPM was...
  9. why is my pc running so slowly

why is my pc running so slowly: my pc is loading so slowly. what may be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-running-so-slowly/206502e2-9c6d-4d4b-84f5-cc42b5957646
  10. PC running slowly after BSOD, rootkit/malware suspected

PC running slowly after BSOD, rootkit/malware suspected: Hi everyone absolute newbie here So just this day i was working on my thesis and i had to use a friend's flash drive cause our files were in there, so i scanned it thoroughly first with Malwarebytes and Avast, and it showed no viruses. But after i finished my work and...