Windows 10: PC Screen flicker and freezes or BSOD mainly when playing games

Discus and support PC Screen flicker and freezes or BSOD mainly when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently my pc started to screen freeze with a really loud noise or get random BSODs when playing games. Similar issue with an old post which led me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by barnieang, Jul 27, 2018.

1. barnieang Win User

PC Screen flicker and freezes or BSOD mainly when playing games

Recently my pc started to screen freeze with a really loud noise or get random BSODs when playing games. Similar issue with an old post which led me here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/pc-screen-flicker-and-freezes-or-bsod-mainly-when/76f38390-903e-4ed5-914b-e41db06f207b

Different websites have different solutions so am very confused on what to do. Here's a link to my msinfo.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!ApF4La8bLl47iz0g9Y6MDATk75I7

:)

barnieang, Jul 27, 2018

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jul 27, 2018
  4. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    PC Screen flicker and freezes or BSOD mainly when playing games [​IMG]

iuppiter, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Screen flicker and freezes or BSOD mainly when playing games - Similar Threads - Screen flicker freezes

2. Screen Flickering and Game Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering and Game Freezing: So I've noticed that when I click the "^" button at the bottom right of the screen, that part flickers. Sometimes, my device manager flickers too. Not only that, when I'm shooting bots and practicing at Valorant my screen loses audio and freezes for a second and it happens...
  3. Screen Flickering and Game Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering and Game Freezing: So I've noticed that when I click the "^" button at the bottom right of the screen, that part flickers. Sometimes, my device manager flickers too. Not only that, when I'm shooting bots and practicing at Valorant my screen loses audio and freezes for a second and it happens...
  4. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  5. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  6. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  8. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  9. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

10. Screen flickers when games played on full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers when games played on full screen: Screen flickers when I play games on fullscreen, It's fine on windowed mode. I am having this problem since a year now, I have been using V-Sync feature on games as a bypass to this problem but there are new games which don't offer this feature, neither does the Intel...