Windows 10: PC Search function after deleting Cortana

Discus and support PC Search function after deleting Cortana in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I take ownership and delete Cortana from Windows/SystemApps will my search function on the taskbar still work (that is, search within the PC)? 14869 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snakeyes, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Snakeyes Win User

PC Search function after deleting Cortana

If I take ownership and delete Cortana from Windows/SystemApps will my search function on the taskbar still work (that is, search within the PC)?

:)

Snakeyes, Aug 9, 2015

2. Cortana and Edge/Bing not Connecting

Cortana stopped processing web searches via Edge/Bing after I deleted and restored the contents of my OneDrive. Edge and Bing are working fine and other Cortana functions seem OK - but no web search. I'm guessing there's a setting that makes the necessary
    connection, but have not been able to find it. Ideas for a fix, please?

GeoffLongster, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Completely removing Cortana from my Win10 Install...How?

That is the problem.

the search function is an accessory function for a modern OS.

in win10 cortana is part of the OS.

Without cortana win10 is not working.

i tried to delete forcing all cortana stuff and win10 simply refused to boot up without it.

i'm happy with win 10

but win11 better to have cortana as an accessory only.

i can see cortana better on next xbox-pc.

I think microsoft will leave console market with next generation.

let's face it Sony and Nintendo are destroying them.

and they will cooperate with Steam , ea and ubisoft to make a hybrid console-PC where cortana could be more useful.

For desktop user the best is leave them free to configure the system as they wish.

microsoft should cooperate with pc builders like lenovo or asus for pc hybrid branded xbox.

asus Xbox

lenovo Xbox

ect ect

on that kind of devices surely cortana will be at home.

alessandro_mirabelli, Aug 9, 2015
  4. ricorp Win User

Nope, unless you installed a third-party program to replace the functionality of Cortana.

ricorp, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Snakeyes Win User
    Thanks. I am happy enough disabling it so that the search function is limited within the PC itself.

Snakeyes, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Search function after deleting Cortana - Similar Threads - Search function deleting

2. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  3. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  4. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Cortana
  5. Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly: Window 10 Observed behaviors:Cortana crashes immediately upon opening.Search crashes immediately upon opening, Both from the taskbar as well as File Explorer.Store opens, will search for apps, but crashes when I try to access one.I've been through every commonly known repair...
  6. Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search

in Cortana
    Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search: 2 seconds ago Cortana still could search for the Windows Mail app but all a sudden it could only give me Settings app as a result. Did not do anything previously and it suddenly couldn't search for the app. Tried re-indexing but still couldn't search for it. Any solutions?...
  7. Re-install cortana and search functionality?

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-install cortana and search functionality?: Hello So i recently updated my PC to the latest windows ten anniversary update, and it re-installed Cortana, so i ran the well known uninstall file to remove it. But it seems in this update removing Cortana breaks the search functionality as well. Is there a way to...
  8. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...
  9. Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions: Hi All, Been pulling my hair out for months working with this OS and MDT. I'm creating a master image (Golden) on a virtual machine and when the software for our organization is installed, and a test user logs into the Virtual machine for the first time, Cortana and search...
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleting cortana breaks search?