Windows 10: PC showed a Blue screen while scanning for virus and didn't work again.

Discus and support PC showed a Blue screen while scanning for virus and didn't work again. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Good morning all.I'm writing you from Nigeria. So I updated my PC 3 days ago which is on Thur 30th, Nov, 2023, it's Windows 11. And after updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Matthew1, Dec 5, 2023.

1. PC showed a Blue screen while scanning for virus and didn't work again.

Hi, Good morning all.I'm writing you from Nigeria. So I updated my PC 3 days ago which is on Thur 30th, Nov, 2023, it's Windows 11. And after updating it.A notification came out for me to scan my PC while I was working on Sun 3, 2023. And while scanning my PC a blue screen error came out. And after that, it restarted itself and couldn't recognize my SSD drive which I have the windows on. I removed the hard drive and inserted it on another PC.But all to no avail. Please anyone with a solution on how to recover the files on the drives as it contain all my work for the year 2023. I didn't back th

:)

Paul Matthew1, Dec 5, 2023

2. Blue screen randomly when using laptop/during virus scan/windows not updating/driver repair note showing but never fixes

Hello Ram,

To better assist you, kindly confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type in winver on the run box.
    • Click OK.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps on this article on
    how to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 5, 2023
  4. PC showed a Blue screen while scanning for virus and didn't work again.

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

PC showed a Blue screen while scanning for virus and didn't work again.

1. PC showed a Blue screen while scanning for virus and didn't work again. - Similar Threads - showed Blue screen

2. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus: Hi!Title is pretty self explanatory, I'm getting a blue screen when trying to use my antivirus to do a quick scan. I also have a separate issue where I cannot play games for more than a couple minutes without crashing with a persistent error.Here are the crash logs of the...
  3. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus: Hi!Title is pretty self explanatory, I'm getting a blue screen when trying to use my antivirus to do a quick scan. I also have a separate issue where I cannot play games for more than a couple minutes without crashing with a persistent error.Here are the crash logs of the...
  4. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PDF Scan Is Working Again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Scan Is Working Again?: I do not have the slightest idea what happened. I have a Canon PIXMA TX 8220 printer/scanner. For awhile now, it has not offered a PDF scan option, but today when I opened the IJ Scan Utility, a new dialogue box with a PDF scan option was available. I updated Google Chrome...
  6. PDF Scan Is Working Again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Scan Is Working Again?: I do not have the slightest idea what happened. I have a Canon PIXMA TX 8220 printer/scanner. For awhile now, it has not offered a PDF scan option, but today when I opened the IJ Scan Utility, a new dialogue box with a PDF scan option was available. I updated Google Chrome...
  7. PC showed a Blue screen while scanning for virus and didn't work again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC showed a Blue screen while scanning for virus and didn't work again.: Hi, Good morning all.I'm writing you from Nigeria. So I updated my PC 3 days ago which is on Thur 30th, Nov, 2023, it's Windows 11. And after updating it.A notification came out for me to scan my PC while I was working on Sun 3, 2023. And while scanning my PC a blue screen...
  8. windows showing too many virus but it cant detect while scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows showing too many virus but it cant detect while scanning: sir , my windows antivirus has a red cross mark , on going to virus and threat protection section it shows too many malwares may be 100's of them but on doing the quick scan and scanning with malware bytes it shows nothing . i am attaching some files kindly look into...
  9. Blue Screens again and again...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screens again and again...: I bought a new ASUS Tuf gaming computer a little over a month ago, and very recently it has been getting frequent blue screens. The error thing is THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. Please help me, as it scares me every time and is just overall annoying. Thanks! submitted by...
  10. Working While Scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Working While Scanning: Can I, or should I, continue working while Windows Defender is running a full scan on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/working-while-scanning/0a233c85-6b04-4bd8-830a-353adbcdf93e