Windows 10: PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

Discus and support PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can not get my pc to follow my Power and Sleep settings. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the screen is blank and I have to wake it and login.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dick Jagger, Dec 15, 2015.

1. PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

I can not get my pc to follow my Power and Sleep settings. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the screen is blank and I have to wake it and login.

PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle [​IMG]

:)

Dick Jagger, Dec 15, 2015

2. Lock Screen

Is it possible to have Windows 10 display the lock screen after my computer has been idle for a few minutes? If so, how?

Brent Rosinski, Dec 15, 2015
  3. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

I am having the same issue. What is a comprehensive update?

Richard Cameron, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

It sounds as if you had the Blank screen saver selected, set to 5 minutes and to ask login on resume:

(Click to enlarge.)

5. Thanks for the response but I have no screen saver set.

Any other suggestions? This is a royal PITA!

Dick Jagger, Dec 16, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Sorry to hear that, the "symptoms" fitted perfectly. Let's hope someone comes with a better idea, I can't think of anything else.

7. Dude Win User
    Check you power settings, sounds like you have the monitor set to power off after a few minutes.

8. PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

My power settings are shown in Post 1.

Dick Jagger, Dec 17, 2015
  9. Lambe Win User
    ; Windows 7 Help Forums
    ; Tutorial: Power Options - Add - Windows 7 Help Forums

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0]
    "Attributes"=dword:00000002

Go to Sleep and change system unattended sleep timeout to "0" it worked for me!!!

Lambe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

1. PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle - Similar Threads - shows lock screen

2. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  3. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  4. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  5. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  6. Laptop screen shows "LOCKING" randomly after few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen shows "LOCKING" randomly after few minutes of gaming: My laptop shows "locking" and locks up after playing graphic intensive games for random amount of time. I bought the laptop 2 days back. Has the latest feature update 2004. Graphics driver and cpu drivers are up to date. The games causing problems are also up to date. The...
  7. Screen lock ever few minutes of idle time enabled only after singing into Microsoft Store...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Screen lock ever few minutes of idle time enabled only after singing into Microsoft Store...: So my PC was setup to require no password. windows 10; its a PC for my work and its locked back in a private office i don't have to worry about anyone else logging into it. I signed into Microsoft Store using my personal account, and all of a sudden i was locked out of my...
  8. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  9. PC Blue-Screens after a few minutes of loading.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Blue-Screens after a few minutes of loading.: I've figured out which button I needed to press to get boot it into Windows Recovery options so I waited and let it load hoping it will but after a few minutes of waiting at the please wait screen I got a blue-screen which said this [IMG] I don't know why this happens I've...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...