Windows 10: PC shuts down after turning it on

Discus and support PC shuts down after turning it on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by V45CH3, Sep 5, 2016.

1. V45CH3 Win User

PC shuts down after turning it on

Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I press the power button one more time it turns on and loads windows perfectly. This is a problem for me because I cannot hibernate anymore, since everytime I hibernate and then press the power button for the first time the computer shuts off. I don't know what else to do. What do you suggest? Has this ever happened to anyone? Thanks.

:)

V45CH3, Sep 5, 2016

2. Computer Shuts Down immediately after turning it on??

Update: Luckily I was able to get my laptop into safe mode with networking, but now it won't accept my password, insisting It's incorrect.... I have not changed it at all.

Тиффани, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Computer Shuts Down immediately after turning it on??

1) Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad S1 Yoga

• Ultrabook
    • Core i5 4010U / 1.7 GHz
    • Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    • 4 GB RAM
    • 500 GB HDD ( 16 GB SSD cache )
    • 12.5" touchscreen 1366 x 768 ( HD )
    • Intel HD Graphics 4400
    • 802.11ac
    2) The previous was windows 8.

3) Unfortunately not. It just shuts down at random.

Тиффани, Sep 5, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Try turning off Fast Startup. See here: How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

This is not a BSOD problem so should be posted in the General Support - Windows 10 Forums but give the above a try first.

Never mind, I see a ton of dumps.

The latest dump indicates a problem with sptd2.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8038915e042, ffffd00169754f58, ffffd00169754770} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd2.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd2.sys Probably caused by : sptd2.sys ( sptd2+3c0a )[/quote] Remove SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's. Programs like Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, and others use these.

Run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

PC shuts down after turning it on [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out as shown, there are no more SPTD installations on your system, and you can close the window.

If you are over clocking, please set all voltages and speeds to normal.

Ztruker, Sep 6, 2016
  5. V45CH3 Win User
    Thanks. I have windows 10 and the program you want me to download is not supported in Windows 10. Turning off fast startup helped a little bit. I can turn on my pc successfully, but still when I hibernate the problem persists.

V45CH3, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    3rd or 4th one down:

Attachment 100245

Ztruker, Sep 6, 2016
  7. V45CH3 Win User
    It worked!! I can't believe it, after having tried so many things. Thank you so much!!

V45CH3, Sep 6, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Thank @axe0 *Smile He's the one who posted the info originally. Glad it helped though.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC shuts down after turning it on - Similar Threads - shuts down turning

2. pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep: hello , recently i updated to windows 11 , it ran perfectly for quite some time , but after a while whenever i try to shutdown the computer or try to sleep it , it turns on by itself , i tried everything including updating bios , drivers , registry editor , turning off fast...
  3. pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep: hello , recently i updated to windows 11 , it ran perfectly for quite some time , but after a while whenever i try to shutdown the computer or try to sleep it , it turns on by itself , i tried everything including updating bios , drivers , registry editor , turning off fast...
  4. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  5. PC turns itself back on after shut down

PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  6. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC turns on after Shut down

PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  8. PC turns on after Shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  9. Windows shut down after turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shut down after turn on: Hi, Today i iipdated my old sony vaio laptop windows 7 home to windows 10. After everything is doen, the start up was in safe mode. Fonts were really huge. After sucessfully turning it on it shut down itself within 5-10 seconds. The problem hapeens everytime. Now I cannot...
  10. PC shuts down after a second when turned on

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down after a second when turned on: Hi! I have a problem w/ my PC. When power on is pressed, the cpu fan/heatsink, psu fan and power led will turn on for a second then turns off. I try to test my psu. connected to a paper clip to green and black pins then turn it on. the psu fan is spinning and it doesnt turn...