Windows 10: PC shuts down quickly

Discus and support PC shuts down quickly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (Sorry...I had a stroke about 6 months ago so I'm very slow. I'm trying to teach/train myself all the stuff I had for years) We have ab i5 PC, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winchesterstoke, Jan 8, 2017.

1. PC shuts down quickly

(Sorry...I had a stroke about 6 months ago so I'm very slow. I'm trying to teach/train myself all the stuff I had for years)

We have ab i5 PC, it starts up, shows the Acer start up and then almost immediately powers down.

Any help/advise on restarting the PC please?

Many thanks.

:)

winchesterstoke, Jan 8, 2017
  2. dastabi Win User

Recent w10 Update results in inability to read files on LG-D415

1. As of the Windows update this morning, PC ThinkpadT5201 no longer reads file on LGD415 an0droid 5.0.2 but it does read most of the subdirectories.

2. When PC shuts down error messages appear but passby too quickly to read, is there someway to find what transpired on shut down?

dastabi, Jan 8, 2017
  3. VsRitwik Win User
    Event id 41, BugcheckCode 10

No, I never got a BSOD during these crashes. It happens so quickly that it looks like as if I restarted the pc, instead of shutting it down.

And no, the file C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP does not exist.

VsRitwik, Jan 8, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

PC shuts down quickly

This could be an issue with your HDD. Boot into Setup (Bios) under the Information, or Main tab it should list all the drives on your computer. Does it list your HDD? You may also restart the computer and press F12 and see if there is a Diagnostic program that will test the HDD and Memory (RAM)

spunk, Jan 8, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Hardware problems would be another issue if it is booting up and then shutting down again.

bro67, Jan 8, 2017
  6. Many thanks for all your responses (even reading is very difficult).

bro67[/URL][FONT=&quot] - the PC isn't booting so I understand that it is likely to be a hardware problem.

spunk - would be worth trying a different HDD?

Thanks

winchesterstoke, Jan 9, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    Start the computer and press F2 to Boot into Setup (Bios) If the computer fails to boot into the Bios, unplug the HDD. If that fails, then it may be another hardware piece. Remove all but one stick of RAM.

spunk, Jan 9, 2017
  8. PC shuts down quickly

Thanks!
    Sorry for the slow response (had to pop back to hospital but back now but slow)

I will have a look - thanks!

winchesterstoke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC shuts down quickly

1. PC shuts down quickly - Similar Threads - shuts down quickly

2. PC Shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shut down: Hello i need help,Runtime broker is causing pc shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-shut-down/255540e4-c2c1-45bd-9daa-b558f8f41ef1
  3. pc is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc is not shutting down: pc is not getting shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-shutting-down/806eccae-d70f-462d-842a-718ffe0f42cd
  4. shut down of PC

shut down of PC: My laptop has started automatically shutting down after a short while of inactivity. What's causing that? What settings do I need to change to have it go to sleep instead?...
  5. PC is shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is shutting down: My pc is shutting down many times a day and I go to reliability monitor and it says "hardware error" my problem event name is LiveKernalEvent and the code is 141, The locale ID is 1033. every time i open a video game it takes about 2 minutes then it shuts down, please help....
  6. PC shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down: Hello, Can't remember when this started, but the PC shuts down randomly. Power does not cut off, Windows behaves as if it was told to shut down. Happens once a month/two mounts. Don't believe there is a overheating issue. Sleep/hibernate are disabled. It's a desktop....
  7. PC will not shut down

PC will not shut down: Hello! My PC will not shut down. I click on "Start" and select "Shut Down", but the PC performs a re-start. This is no ordinary re-start, I get the login screen then it opens up on the internet with a page from Bing, usually a geography page. I have ordered a new graphics...
  8. pc shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc shutting down: so my pc has been shutting down randomly no error codes or anything straight to black that made me think it was the psu well i replaced it and still persists and the only thing event viewer is showing is this 9 - <Event...
  9. Pc will not shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc will not shut down: Hello! I have virtually a new pc, it's running Windows 10. The problem is I cannot shut it down. I click start, then the power button , then shut down. The message on the screen says shutting down, then it restarts. Must be setting somewhere. Cheers,...
  10. PC is not shutting down

PC is not shutting down: i have windows 10 and hp elitbook 8460p laptop but when i am clicking on shutdown or hibernate the screen goes black and black forever. until my laptop battery come empty, i also changed windows but now in this windows first some times it shut down, but now it is also not...