Windows 10: pc shuts down when writing email and big job running in background

Discus and support pc shuts down when writing email and big job running in background in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PC is Dell Precision M6300 [Vista upgraded to Win 7] now running Win 10. Battery 98% and plugged in. Power setting Sleep after 2 hours when plugged in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Apr 16, 2016.

1. jalea148 Win User

pc shuts down when writing email and big job running in background

PC is Dell Precision M6300 [Vista upgraded to Win 7] now running Win 10. Battery 98% and plugged in. Power setting Sleep after 2 hours when plugged in.

:)

jalea148, Apr 16, 2016
  2. petrib Win User

Apps close when i use web in Nokia 700

FWIW (this may not be directly related to your problem):

If the Symbian operating system (OS) runs out of run-time memory (RAM), it will close background tasks/processes (which in practice means other applications that may be running at the time).

The browser is relatively big in itself, but also the web pages it loads consume RAM and may lead to a situation where the OS decides that it needs more memory, and starts close apps (I think it is supposed to first close the app that has been running the
    longest, with the exception of certain Nokia apps that it will try to keep running).

When the OS decides to close background apps, there may not be any user notifications (all application developers should write their apps so, that they save their state and can recover if they are shut down, even if they are shut down unexpectedly).

petrib, Apr 16, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    Shut down apps running in the background

You allow or not allow apps to run in the background in settings, battery saver.

If you see apps when you use the back arrow they are not running, they are suspended.

garym123, Apr 16, 2016
  4. MrWhoopee Win User

Does it do a regular shutdown or does it just turn off suddenly? Is the fan running exceptionally fast or loud?

MrWhoopee, Apr 16, 2016
  5. jalea148 Win User
    Seems to turn off suddenly. Not sure fan is running. Will try to get air vents cleaned; will keep you'all pasted.

jalea148, Apr 16, 2016
  6. batlhilz Win User
    run the Dell diagnostics stuff for any errors and report back here if any appears. my guess is just overheating

batlhilz, Apr 16, 2016
  7. jalea148 Win User
    I think you are right about the heating. I had a transformer and removable drive against the laptop which were moved. At the same time all vents were vacuumed. The problem has not returned.
    Many thanx.

jalea148, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. pc shuts down when writing email and big job running in background - Similar Threads - shuts down writing

2. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT When shutting down PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT When shutting down PC: Hi, I have been getting a ton of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Blue screens at a variety of times, but mainly when I'm plugging in my Headset or shutting down my PC. Here is the minidump for the error code:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 4eTypically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists...
  3. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT When shutting down PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT When shutting down PC: Hi, I have been getting a ton of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Blue screens at a variety of times, but mainly when I'm plugging in my Headset or shutting down my PC. Here is the minidump for the error code:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 4eTypically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists...
  4. PC restart when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC restart when shut down: My PC just started to restart when I press turn off idk why and it’s never happened before it’s just like I press shut down go for a sec and when I back the pc like restarted it’s not happening sec time like when I click turn off again it’s shutting down but the problem is...
  5. Problem when shutting the PC down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem when shutting the PC down: Whenever I try to shut down my computer a dialog comes up "Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work." There is a button we can click, "Shut down anyway." Who is that "someone else"? No-one else is using the PC. The dialog comes...
  6. PC Runs for half a second then shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Runs for half a second then shuts down: Hello, I have a newer PC. I just installed a new MoBo today. I was done and ready to load the OS (Windows 10 Pro) I turned on the PC and the fans ran for about half a second then shut down. I checked all my connections and they were good. Including the header for the switches...
  7. Origin always appears as running when shutting down but not when the pc is running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Origin always appears as running when shutting down but not when the pc is running: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sukmiPP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8mo41/origin_always_appears_as_running_when_shutting/
  8. PC Shuts Down when on battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Shuts Down when on battery: My Win 10 Home edition PC shuts down when it is on battery. The shutdown occurs after 30 minutes which is my setting for when the PC should sleep on battery power. Everything works fine while battery power until the 30 minutes of non use has the PC go to sleep. Any advice...
  9. PC shuts down when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when gaming: Whenever I try to game, or run a benchmark test, my system shuts off. This problem seems to of started when installing an additional monitor, though thats not a guarentee. I am assuming the Problem is with my PSU however, i have checked, and it should provide sufficient...
  10. Email Background & Jobs Galore Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Background & Jobs Galore Screen: Please advise how to lighten the email and Jobs Galore Screen? They are too dark. Someone said, use Image. How do I do find the Image link? Thanks. Paul...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shuts down when emailing