Windows 10: PC sleeps, wakes up and everything is super slow for awhile

Discus and support PC sleeps, wakes up and everything is super slow for awhile in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It is honestly so bad, I think it should never go to sleep. This one is a Model T3616 with Athlon 64x2 5200+ 2.6 ghz , 2 cores, 2gb ram, 500gb sata... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sdowney717, Jan 24, 2017.

1. PC sleeps, wakes up and everything is super slow for awhile

It is honestly so bad, I think it should never go to sleep.
    This one is a Model T3616 with Athlon 64x2 5200+ 2.6 ghz , 2 cores, 2gb ram, 500gb sata III

It is like when it sleeps all it's memory is drained and has to reload everything when you click on something.

So how can it be enhanced?
    It is maxed om memory, it could get a faster processor, or ssd but not likely to do that.

It went into power options and set sleep mode form on to off for hybrid hibernate something

Editing, I found a 3.0ghz CPU Athlon x2 64 for $9.54 which will work incrementally better on Ebay.

• ADA6000IAA6CZ

:)

sdowney717, Jan 24, 2017
  2. maudite Win User

Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

Same. ASUS rog laptop. Super annoying. It wakes up randomly too even if I force it to sleep.

maudite, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 BSOD. Crash in NtfsDeleteScb function

Thank you!

Sorry, I've forgotten to write what is not working. PC cannot wake up from sleep.

It goes to sleep (power LED blinks), but when I open the lid the system starts instead of waking up

Everything else seems to be working

I've reinstalled VMware Player, disabled NvStreamNetworkService service. Still cannot wake

_Capricornus, Jan 24, 2017
  4. PC sleeps, wakes up and everything is super slow for awhile

When you say it wakes from sleep, is this just short nap, say 30 minutes or after it has been asleep for say three hours. Guess where I'm going here, should you let it hibernate?

You already know you have the minimum system memory for a 64 bit system. I don't think .4Ghz will buy you anything.

To keep investment to a minimum I would vote for a small SSD for the OS (and maybe programs).

May I ask, what motherboard are you using?

Caledon Ken, Jan 26, 2017
  5. Emachines T3616 uses a gateway motherboard.

I took the free win10 upgrade from win 7.

Mainboard : Gateway MCP61PM2MA
    BIOS : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 05/10/2007

The CPU will improve it somewhat for $10 it is cheap.

Coming out of a 30 minute sleep is no different from 3 hours. Yes I think it is memory related but the 2gb is the max for the board. It takes some time to wake up, I mean the screen comes on quick, but clicking to do anything is very slow till it gets reloaded in memory? When PC sleeps, does it shut down the memory into the hard drive?

I could just refuse to let it sleep at all. Just turn off the screen.
    Coming out from sleep is worse than reboot.

sdowney717, Jan 26, 2017
  6. You will notice the biggest bang with an SSD.

Has this machine always been like this on Windows 10. If not I would run chkdsk on your C: drive with no options. Just let it report health.

Maybe even check fragmentation level. Every bit helps.

Caledon Ken, Jan 26, 2017
  7. Yes, I think always like this on win 10 pro.
    I did the win 10 upgrade to build 10240

Then let it sit for a year unused.
    I am using it now, and I upgraded win 10 to I think build 1607 using some ms download tool.
    Which did fix Cortana search refusing to search the local drive.

I was thinking a SSD would help speed things up too.
    What is the smallest cheapest SSD drive to put win 10 on you think?

sdowney717, Jan 26, 2017
  8. PC sleeps, wakes up and everything is super slow for awhile

Can't really answer that question without a question or two.

If you look at C: today how much is being used.

Then take a look and see how much of that is data. (Right click on Users folder, properties) Subtract User data from total usage. This will tell you approximately where you stand in terms of OS and Programs. Then I would leave a little room for expansion.

I have three browsers, the full Office Pro suite, itunes, quicken, thunderbird and a collection of other software. I'm ringing around 110 GB so a 120GB would just make it.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC sleeps, wakes up and everything is super slow for awhile

1. PC sleeps, wakes up and everything is super slow for awhile - Similar Threads - sleeps wakes everything

2. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  3. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  4. Sound is super slow after sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is super slow after sleep: Running latest Win 10, using a MOTU M2 audio interface. Installed latest drivers for that and my Nvidia 1080 and everything else I could figure out. When my computer wakes from sleep - audio just either doesn't work or it is super-slow motion sounding. I've tried the...
  5. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  6. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  7. Everything has gone super slow..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything has gone super slow..: I have no idea why. Tabs on the internet take forever to load on every browser with constant format errors. As in you get that raw text and no graphics. Any program takes forever to respond and load. When they're open they go un responsive on and off. And when i play games...
  8. Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep: Asking this question again. As I saw many users have this problem. More than a year ago, I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite L750. Laptop has 4 GB RAM, .5T HDD. Few latest Windows 10 updates made the laptop almost unusable wake up after sleep more...
  9. Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep: More than a year ago, I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite L750. Laptop has 4 GB RAM, .5T HDD. Few latest Windows 10 updates made the laptop almost unusable wake up after sleep more than 10 minutes. Two days ago I downloaded and installed latest feature...
  10. waking up from sleep too slow

waking up from sleep too slow: so i have this **** laptop running an HDD of 5400 rpm, 12 gigs of ram, and a core i3. i use it as my daily driver, and waking it up from sleep takes 2-3 seconds, is there any way for the time to get minimized to just a couple miliseconds of delay from opening my laptop lid?...