Windows 10: PC slows on inserting memory

Discus and support PC slows on inserting memory in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Win10 PC works fine, but when I insert a USB memory stick or SD card, the PC slows down dramatically, the mouse doesn't move much, and it has to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by t87699, Jul 12, 2018.

1. t87699 Win User

PC slows on inserting memory

My Win10 PC works fine, but when I insert a USB memory stick or SD card, the PC slows down dramatically, the mouse doesn't move much, and it has to be restarted.

Tried many memory cards and sticks, but no luck.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks

:)

t87699, Jul 12, 2018
  2. valmet23 Win User

5230 cant find memory card and inserting memory card makes it extremely slow

Yesterday, for something reason, my phone started to be DAMN slow and laggy, when i try to go menu, it takes about 10 seconds to get to menu, and all is laggy in this phone. When going to file manager, seems it doesnt find memory card, even it is inserted.
    Then when removing memory card, phone works normally and not slow, fast. What is wrong with my 5230, why it doesnt find my memory card and why inserting it makes so slow? I would like to get it work because it has all my music and pictures etc...

valmet23, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jul 12, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. PC slows on inserting memory - Similar Threads - slows inserting memory

2. Slow PC start up, huge memory usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow PC start up, huge memory usage.: My desktop PC is desperately slow starting up despite using an optimiser from time to time. I've just been reading about the multitude of scvhost.exe I can see on the system monitor, which I am assured is not causing the slow down. However, the monitor tells me that my...
  3. Slow PC start up, huge memory usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow PC start up, huge memory usage.: My desktop PC is desperately slow starting up despite using an optimiser from time to time. I've just been reading about the multitude of scvhost.exe I can see on the system monitor, which I am assured is not causing the slow down. However, the monitor tells me that my...
  4. Slow PC start up, huge memory usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC: Recently my Windows PC has slowed down a lot, so much so that I can't run many games that I used to be able to. I tried to diagnose the issue and, although I'm not certain, I think it might be a problem with high memory usage. Right now the only major process I have running...
  6. Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC: Recently my Windows PC has slowed down a lot, so much so that I can't run many games that I used to be able to. I tried to diagnose the issue and, although I'm not certain, I think it might be a problem with high memory usage. Right now the only major process I have running...
  7. Pc running slow but no high cpu or memory usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pc running slow but no high cpu or memory usage: Hi, my pc got suddently slow after the installation of "Nox Player" that installed "RAV antivirus" too. I tried to uninstall RAV antivirus but didn't worked so I used "REVO uninstaller" a tool to uninstall applications, the uninstallation went succesfully of both but the pc...
  8. PC got slow while memory appears to look fine

PC got slow while memory appears to look fine: Hey there, I was playing curvefever the other day when my laptop suddenly changed the resolution only of the browsergame, not for Windows itself and started lagging. It took me hours to install the optional Windows updates, ran an Antivir program, checked drivers to be...
  9. Slow response to insert, copy and paste commands

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Slow response to insert, copy and paste commands: Dear Forum, I asked "Tell Me" about the above yesterday. It told me "autoCAD" could be the cause. I received a free trial from the Microsoft Store. I guess it was in a recent update. Please tell me how to uninstall it. I'm working at half speed. Windows 10, HP computer, EXCEL...
  10. Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC.

Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC.: I purchased a pre-built PC in December that has been running seemingly well for the past few months, however, every-so-often I will get huge lag and stutter while playing both online and offline games, even when only navigating chrome or discord, and when I check task manager...