Windows 10: PC slows on inserting memory

Discus and support PC slows on inserting memory in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Win10 PC works fine, but when I insert a USB memory stick or SD card, the PC slows down dramatically, the mouse doesn't move much, and it has to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by t87699, Jul 12, 2018.

1. t87699 Win User

PC slows on inserting memory

My Win10 PC works fine, but when I insert a USB memory stick or SD card, the PC slows down dramatically, the mouse doesn't move much, and it has to be restarted.

Tried many memory cards and sticks, but no luck.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks

:)

t87699, Jul 12, 2018
  2. valmet23 Win User

5230 cant find memory card and inserting memory card makes it extremely slow

Yesterday, for something reason, my phone started to be DAMN slow and laggy, when i try to go menu, it takes about 10 seconds to get to menu, and all is laggy in this phone. When going to file manager, seems it doesnt find memory card, even it is inserted.
    Then when removing memory card, phone works normally and not slow, fast. What is wrong with my 5230, why it doesnt find my memory card and why inserting it makes so slow? I would like to get it work because it has all my music and pictures etc...

valmet23, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Lov Dollente Win User
    Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jul 12, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. PC slows on inserting memory - Similar Threads - slows inserting memory

2. My PC performance is slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC performance is slow: Hi, After upgraded to windows 10 ,my pc performance is very very slow and the cpu&disk utilization is going to 100%.Google chrome is also not working after upgraded to windows 10 .Please give some solutions ....
  3. PC gets slow and unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC gets slow and unresponsive: After I installed a fresh version of Windows on my PC, it gets slow periodically and freezes momentarily. After a bit, it gets back to normal. This happens quite often during the day. Moreover for some reason, I have windows installed in two places (I have two hard drives) -...
  4. inserting pictures in a thread

in Browsers and Email
    inserting pictures in a thread: Hi, I must have changed some setting or something has changed I think *Sad In the past I could just copy and paste an image (prtscrn) in a message. Now I first have to save the image and separately upload it? This is in Edge, but also in FireFox I guess it's...
  5. Slow Memory leak memory is increasing slowly after 1 week is 90%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Memory leak memory is increasing slowly after 1 week is 90%: we have windows 10 of a new hp pc prodesk 400 g3 mt business pc. we cannot identify the problem.. we used the hp drivers software and fully updated windows 10 and the latest drivers. Please recommend troubleshooting steps what is causing the problem. Code:...
  6. PC Running Incredibly Slow

PC Running Incredibly Slow: After upgrading to Windows 10, it's just been problem after problem... Everything on my computer is running incredibly slow. GTA 5, Flight Simulator X, all running slower than ever. Even the operating system, simply writing something, is slow. And I have a strong laptop....
  7. Desktop really slow, memory at 99%

Desktop really slow, memory at 99%: Every program I try to use is really slow and when I check task manager it says the disk is at 99% however when I place by increasing it shows that the most being used is 1.8MB so I have no idea what's taking over all the resources. 90764
  8. pc slowing down

pc slowing down: Hello I have problem with my laptop.I bought my laptop about a month ago and it was very fast but after this one month it started to slow down and it gets slower and slower and i dont know whats happening ..... My laptop is supposed to be fast but something happened and now...
  9. PC boots slow

PC boots slow: My PC is fully clean, defragmented and it has no viruses, but my PC boots up very slow... So I went to check whats making the boot so slow and I've seen that windows audio needs 77 seconds to boot up. Is there anything I can do about it? 31942
  10. New PC, keep rebooting after inserting product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC, keep rebooting after inserting product key: Hello there, I have a new computer with windows 10, at the first boot the computer did some things to prepare itself for use, but then I was asked to give my credenitals to account, I used my windows account, but there was some error and I had to reboot. Since then this...