Windows 10: pc speeds drastically reduced after added router. whats wrong?

Discus and support pc speeds drastically reduced after added router. whats wrong? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; ive recently added a wireless router inconjunction with my modem to enhance my wireless devices. but upon running speedtest 30minutes ago, download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pathfinder, Oct 27, 2016.

1. pc speeds drastically reduced after added router. whats wrong?

ive recently added a wireless router inconjunction with my modem to enhance my wireless devices. but upon running speedtest 30minutes ago, download speed is about 39.15 and upload is 0.20??? could the router be at fault? because before I added router, my download speed was around 95.80 and upload 25 mbps.. *Shock*Shock

ok, sorry bout that. it was due to having "bandwidth control enabled within router...I unchecked it off and its fine now. iam not used to using a router.

:)

Pathfinder, Oct 27, 2016

2. N85 music player can't see tracks in library - edit

Guys I am having a similar problem, after i transfer music to the cell phone, it is added in the library but then they start disappearing, and if i refresh the library then songs are reduced drastically. Please help

cyberking---01, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Frikologo Win User
    Constant Wi-fi problems

It does help making the signal constant, but it drastically reduces the speed around 60%.

I worked for me on W10 x64

QoS Support = Auto

EnableAdaptivity = Disable

Rest of the fields leave them default

Frikologo, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

pc speeds drastically reduced after added router. whats wrong?

1. pc speeds drastically reduced after added router. whats wrong? - Similar Threads - speeds drastically reduced

2. Ethernet speed reduced by PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed reduced by PC: I have a gigabit net and sometimes I can use it without problems on my pc, but other times when I go to the internet device in the internet device manager, it says that it only does 100mbps instead of 1gb even when I set it to do speed and duplex 1gb or auto-negotiation, I've...
  3. Ethernet speed reduced by PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed reduced by PC: I have a gigabit net and sometimes I can use it without problems on my pc, but other times when I go to the internet device in the internet device manager, it says that it only does 100mbps instead of 1gb even when I set it to do speed and duplex 1gb or auto-negotiation, I've...
  4. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.: My old SSD had corrupted so I had to switch it out and reinstall everything. I installed all of my drivers and updated my network adapters and it still hasn't fixed anything. It's very aggravating as my D/L speed only goes up to 25mbps. I've purchased a separate USB WI-FI...
  5. Download speed drops drastically after waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speed drops drastically after waking computer from sleep: When I download games on steam, the download speed is ridiculously slow while the computer is awake, around 10kbps. But when my computer falls asleep, my download speed is recorded around 12 to 18mbps. But as soon as I wake my computer again, it will drop instantly. What...
  6. Download speed drops drastically after waking computer from sleep

Download speed drops drastically after waking computer from sleep: When I download games on steam, the download speed is ridiculously slow while the computer is awake, around 10kbps. But when my computer falls asleep, my download speed is recorded around 12 to 18mbps. But as soon as I wake my computer again, it will drop instantly. What...
  7. Download speed drops drastically after waking computer from sleep

8. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced

Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced: After this week's Windows 10 update, my mouse cursor speed was suddenly reduced. I went into Settings, and increased the speed from 10 to 20, and now it appears to be working normally. But why the change? And at some point in the future, will my mouse begin working...
  9. Recent (Dec 2018) drastic slowdown in printing speed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent (Dec 2018) drastic slowdown in printing speed.: Running Windows 10 (64-bit) and Epson WF-4630 printer via wi-fi network via gateway router . This combo has been working perfectly for close to a year, then last week of Dec 2018 sudden slowing of print from apps such as Word, Microsoft Office Picture Manager, etc. It now...
  10. Network speeds drastically reduced overnight.

Network speeds drastically reduced overnight.: Issue:Overnight my download speeds have dropped drastically on this PC. Other devices show typical speeds of 65 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. This PC is showing roughly 5-7 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up on 5 GHz network and around 25 down and 10 up on my 2.4 GHz network. This is...