Windows 10: PC startup problems

Discus and support PC startup problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here is a basic rundown of what happened: - I got the infamous BSOD for the first time - Error code: Memory management - Next day was fine -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarvardTang, Aug 7, 2018.

1. PC startup problems

Here is a basic rundown of what happened:

- I got the infamous BSOD for the first time

- Error code: Memory management

- Next day was fine

- Updated all my drivers and windows 10

- PC was fine until I started playing games (BSOD)

- Reset my PC but kept files

- All was good and then my PC randomly shut down

- Went outside and cleaned all the dust out of my PC

- Hooked everything back up and PC was stuck at https://imgur.com/a/6ibygpW and https://imgur.com/a/35Wkivh

- Tried to boot from bootable Windows 10 USB

- After I select 64-bit, it loads files but then transfers me to a black screen

PC specs just in case:

MSI B150 M3 Gaming Motherboard

Intel i5 quad core cpu 6500 @3.2 ghz

1x8gb ddr4 2133 mhz RAM

MSI 1050 TI GPU

Seagate 1TB HDD

120 GB SSD

500W PSU

Please help me solve this problem

:)

HarvardTang, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 7, 2018
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 7, 2018
  4. PC startup problems

Problem with startup

Hi,

To better assist you, do let us know if you made any changes to the system prior to the issue.

I suggest you to perform a startup repair using an installation media and check if the issue persists. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your computer
    for the problem and then tries to fix it so your computer can start correctly.

Follow the steps given below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website

• Download the media creation tool and then run it.

• Select Create installation media for another PC.

• Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).

• Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

• Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.

• On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select
      Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.

• Select Repair your computer.

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >Advanced options >Startup repair
    Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

PC startup problems

1. PC startup problems - Similar Threads - startup problems

2. GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup: I am on windows 11, new computer from 2 months ago. The gaming services app did an update on 12 april 2024. Since then, I have problems with it. So lets say I play a game on xbox pc app like halo. After I close and start my computer again, the start search bar will not...
  3. GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup: I am on windows 11, new computer from 2 months ago. The gaming services app did an update on 12 april 2024. Since then, I have problems with it. So lets say I play a game on xbox pc app like halo. After I close and start my computer again, the start search bar will not...
  4. Startup problem and bleu screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup problem and bleu screen: I was changed my hard disk like 2 month ago and recently The pc started to lag when browsing , and today he stoped when im in google chrome and then show me bleu screen like he need to restart and when he restarted there is black screen and sentence "No bootable devices...
  5. Startup problem and bleu screen

Startup problem and bleu screen: I was changed my hard disk like 2 month ago and recently The pc started to lag when browsing , and today he stoped when im in google chrome and then show me bleu screen like he need to restart and when he restarted there is black screen and sentence "No bootable devices...
  6. Startup problem and bleu screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. problem on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem on startup: I experienced a problem when my laptop booted for the first time, a black screen occurred and I had to do a hard shutdown to boot, usually after that a blue screen occurred with a hypervisor error code. I want to try the cmd command bootrec /fixboot, but when I want to do...
  8. problem on startup

problem on startup: I experienced a problem when my laptop booted for the first time, a black screen occurred and I had to do a hard shutdown to boot, usually after that a blue screen occurred with a hypervisor error code. I want to try the cmd command bootrec /fixboot, but when I want to do...
  9. Intel VMD problem in startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel VMD problem in startup: Hello I have recently installed win 11 pro 64 and before installing i turned off intel VMD in bios. Now that the Windows is installed i came back and turned on VMD but in startup after the logo the Blue Screen appears and restarts and so on. What should i do?P.S: i turned off...
  10. Intel VMD problem in startup

Intel VMD problem in startup: Hello I have recently installed win 11 pro 64 and before installing i turned off intel VMD in bios. Now that the Windows is installed i came back and turned on VMD but in startup after the logo the Blue Screen appears and restarts and so on. What should i do?P.S: i turned off...