Windows 10: PC Stuttering But Only When Doing Little To Nothing

Discus and support PC Stuttering But Only When Doing Little To Nothing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all, So i'm having an issue with my PC, and it's been happening for quite some time: micro stuttering. My PC will just freeze for a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gekidami, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Gekidami Win User

PC Stuttering But Only When Doing Little To Nothing

Hey all,

So i'm having an issue with my PC, and it's been happening for quite some time: micro stuttering. My PC will just freeze for a second causing the mouse cursor to jump position. The strange thing is though, that it only does this when not much is happening on my PC. Playing a YouTube video; no stutter, playing a game; no stutter, playing music in winamp; no stutter, playing a video in VLC; no stutter, having the performance tab in the task manager open; no stutter. And so on. I get it on the desktop, when using a browser (without any form of media running in it) and in some other stuff like when using Photoshop.

Hope someone can help, looking around on the internet I can't seem to find anyone a similar problem.

:)

Gekidami, Sep 30, 2016

2. Pc crashed! It's doing nothing but black screen, I get all black, no way to boot

My pc crashed, it's been hours once it happed. I get nothing now. I m a Windows 10 user. I believe it is broken!

lorindasabin, Sep 30, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Pc crashed! It's doing nothing but black screen, I get all black, no way to boot

Hold down the power button until it completely shuts down, then try.

lacrumb, Sep 30, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Check in your Power options, your power saving plan, advanced, for Minimum CPU usage, it probably defaulted to 5% or so.

CountMike, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Gekidami Win User
    Well hey, that seemed to be be it!

Thanks! Problem fixed!

Gekidami, Sep 30, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Good, Intel has very aggressive power saving features with possible Speed step and such so it may misinterpret requirements at low usage levels.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Stuttering But Only When Doing Little To Nothing - Similar Threads - Stuttering Doing Little

2. Pc stuttering when playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuttering when playing audio: I have noticed that whenever i play audio on spotify or a game in the background, and browse the web. My pc sometimes stutters and for a brief moment the audio becomes distorted.How can i fix this?...
  3. Pc stuttering when playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuttering when playing audio: I have noticed that whenever i play audio on spotify or a game in the background, and browse the web. My pc sometimes stutters and for a brief moment the audio becomes distorted.How can i fix this?...
  4. Fan starts to run loudly when doing nothing on the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan starts to run loudly when doing nothing on the pc: First of all, let me state that there is no such problem when processing on the pc. But while doing nothing on the pc, after 4-5mins, the fan noise starts to rise and run fast. To find out why, I watched by leaving the task manager open. And I found that the 'System' task was...
  5. Fan starts to run loudly when doing nothing on the pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan starts to run loudly when doing nothing on the pc: First of all, let me state that there is no such problem when processing on the pc. But while doing nothing on the pc, after 4-5mins, the fan noise starts to rise and run fast. To find out why, I watched by leaving the task manager open. And I found that the 'System' task was...
  6. Fan starts to run loudly when doing nothing on the pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows stutters on new PC build, only in the evenings

Windows stutters on new PC build, only in the evenings: I'll try to describe this as best I can. I built this PC back in July, and since then I've been finding that in some evenings/nighttimes, the overall system gets really "sluggish". The best way I think I can describe it is like the FPS is really low and inconsistent in a...
  8. Stuttering/Crackling and now nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering/Crackling and now nothing: yesterday around 4 pm I was watching YouTube and listing to Spotify when Stuttering/Crackling noises, so I didn't care, it did get annoying after a hour and a half, so I went to get supper, I came back the Stuttering/Crackling was louder this time so I looked up how to fix it...
  9. PC stutter when uploading something

PC stutter when uploading something: Hello, i want to know why my pc stutters as soon as i start uploading some files to websites like filemail.com for example ? i usually do some light work in lightroom or after effects while i upload but my pc has 64gb ram so i don't think it should be like this. Has anyone...
  10. Stuttering only in Minecraft on Mid-End PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering only in Minecraft on Mid-End PC: Hello, I have a problem. When I play Minecraft it's stutters so much (laggs for 0.25sec per 2sec). When my problem is "active" game looks like to cap my fps around 110. Other games works fine. I tried reinstall the game, java, gpu drivers and it wont help. I had these laggs...