Windows 10: PC suddenly lagging, even after clean install

Discus and support PC suddenly lagging, even after clean install in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This PC has been working for about 3 years or so and suddenly today it started lagging really badly. I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 (wiping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Resentic, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Resentic Win User

PC suddenly lagging, even after clean install

This PC has been working for about 3 years or so and suddenly today it started lagging really badly. I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 (wiping the previous partitions) and it's lagging even before I install any drivers. The extraction speed on zip file was around 100-200 kB/s and periodically went to 0.

Is this a hard drive failing?

:)

Resentic, Jan 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 lagging hard

Hello,

i'm as newbie here, i want to ask for help. Last time, i just got problem with my windows store. After that, i reset my pc, but i still keep the old file. When i had to reset it, my pc suddenly become lagging. And it was lagging hard. Not just for all apps,
    but even for the process. And i also have restarted my pc repeatedly. and, nothing has changed. So, please give me the solution for this problem.

ihsan syaputra, Jan 26, 2016
  3. PC keeps Crashing even after Clean install

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    Application log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the Application log select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R
    , type eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 26, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Is it making funny noises?? If it's failing you'll likely hear some really nasty sounds coming from it.

BunnyJ, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Resentic Win User
    I can't hear any abnormal sounds, however after using it for about 15 minutes, windows froze for ~3 seconds and then the PC immediately shut down. This sounds like some kind of hardware issue.

I've also run SMART on the hard drive, these are the results:
    Reallocated Sectors: 67
    Current Pending Sectors: 1
    Uncorrectable Sectors: 1

Resentic, Jan 26, 2016
  6. Could you fill in the spec's of your computer ?

It would help to know exactly what you have.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 26, 2016
  7. Resentic Win User
    Specs:
    CPU: Intel i5-2300
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.3)
    Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 970
    PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
    Hard Drive: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Resentic, Jan 26, 2016
  8. PC suddenly lagging, even after clean install

Please enter you spec's in by going to > User CP > Edit system spec's.
    I need the make and model of it also.

9. Resentic Win User
    I have updated my specs

Resentic, Jan 26, 2016
  10. Thanks.

How is the PC running now ?
    Has it shut down after the first time this morning ?

11. Resentic Win User
    It has only shut down once, seems stable now. However, the lag continues and it becomes unusable after opening a couple of applications it seems. The mouse lags and applications take ages, freezing constantly, before they open. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the SMART status messages.

However, some times when browsing the internet (youtube videos lag though), there is no lag at all and it runs really smoothly like before.

Resentic, Jan 26, 2016
  12. I don't know what the SMART status messages mean. Another member will know.
    Do you have any spare drive at all ?

13. simrick Win User

Hi there.
    A Reallocated Sector Count failure is a recoverable HDD failure. You can completely format the drive and the drive will be good as new.

If you install Passmark DiskCheckup, you will see all the SMART values of your drive, and anticipated failure dates.

EDIT: p.s. They don't always make noises when they fail - it depends on the failure mode.

simrick, Jan 26, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Sounds like your hard drive is failing, looking at the S.M.A.R.T. you provided.
    Please run HDTune to make a screenshot of the health of the hard drive and post the screenshots, this makes it a bit more clear about the S.M.A.R.T.

15. Resentic Win User
    No, that's the problem. I need another drive to test.

Resentic, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

1. PC suddenly lagging, even after clean install - Similar Threads - suddenly lagging clean

2. SrtTrial.txt error even after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SrtTrial.txt error even after clean install: Yesterday I did a startup troubleshoot because my pc took over 4 mins to boot then i got Error Automatic Startup Repair couldn’t repair your PCLog file: "C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"then i searched it online hoping to find some solutionsdid system...
  3. SrtTrial.txt error even after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SrtTrial.txt error even after clean install: Yesterday I did a startup troubleshoot because my pc took over 4 mins to boot then i got Error Automatic Startup Repair couldn’t repair your PCLog file: "C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"then i searched it online hoping to find some solutionsdid system...
  4. BSOD even after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD even after clean install of Windows: Hi guys, I've been having BSODs randomly throughout the day for the past 2 weeks, did all kinds of debugging trying to address it with no luck. Just did a fresh install last night and ran windows memtest with no error overnight but this morning I got 2 more BSOD. System...
  5. BSOD persists even after a clean install

BSOD persists even after a clean install: The last few days I found my Windows 10 encountering BSOD, with a few other minor problems I was having, I just decided to do a fresh install. Even during the setup process and ever since the the blue screen still continues. For the sake of it, I have some driver updates and...
  6. BSOD Even After Clean Windows Install

BSOD Even After Clean Windows Install: About a month or two ago I started getting BSOD while gaming. I tried a bunch of troubleshooting steps and nothing worked, so I decided to go for a clean Windows install. I didn't keep any personal files. I didn't get a BSOD for a few days, then it started up again. I get one...
  7. lagging in performance of PC even after booting the PC

lagging in performance of PC even after booting the PC: hi., I hade issues with my laptop performance , hence I rebooted to the core, after erase every thing still my laptop lagging like a snail, please some body help me...
  8. Blue Screen Even After Clean Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen Even After Clean Installation: Hello, I have an old lenevo pc. It's Lenovo Z51 with i7 5th gen and AMD R9 GPU with 1tb SSHD. Yesterday my laptop suddenly crashed, I was not even using it, it was just on desktop, I got the blue screen with your pc ran into some problems screen. So I decided to clean...
  9. Random BSODs even after clean install

Random BSODs even after clean install: Hello all! I am facing a serious issue with my main desktop computer at the moment. About 4 hours ago, I tried to run a new updated game, but it was unable to start. I then proceeded to update my graphics drivers NVIDIA Dedicated GPU, and I got presented with a BSOD. I do...
  10. Lagging mouse after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lagging mouse after clean install: Mouse Microsoft wired pointer lags with 'short freezes' after a clean install of Windows 10 Version 1809 or 1909. It always occurs several minutes after the installation has completed but preforms ok until then. Have tried multiple times with same results. Any ideas a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 suddenly lagging fresh install