Windows 10: PC trying to install update that is already installed...

Discus and support PC trying to install update that is already installed... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm having problems with (automatic) updates. The update status says "an update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Florio, May 12, 2018.

1. Florio Win User

PC trying to install update that is already installed...

I'm having problems with (automatic) updates. The update status says "an update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. Retry". The update in question is 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4103727). The problem is that this update has already been installed!!

I keep clicking on 'Retry', but then the PC just checks for updates, finds KB4103727, starts inizializing, then goes back to the Retry button. A vicious circle.

I've tried uninstalling the update so that I can download and install it again, hoping that this will fix the problem. But I can't seem to uninstall it. I'm also having problems with Windows apps (live tiles) not working, and feel that this is also related to unsuccessful updates.

Any ideas as to what I could try? I've seen that some users have installed version 1803? Should I try downloading and installing it? Do you think that could solve my problems?

:)

Florio, May 12, 2018

2. another installation is already in progress

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are unable to install AVG.

Wait for some time, if the installation of updates is going on in the background.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    WSReset.exe.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    If the issue persists, then you need to check with AVG.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 30, 2018
  3. Error 80070652 when trying to install gopro studio

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with installing GoPro studio on Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• From where have you downloaded this software?
    • Have you checked if this software is compatible on Windows 10?

This issue might have occurred due to compatibility of the software on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after an upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found for Windows 10.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the software in compatible mode on Windows 10 and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated software from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then click
      OK.
    • Try installing the software and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2018
Thema:

PC trying to install update that is already installed...

1. PC trying to install update that is already installed... - Similar Threads - trying install update

2. KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???: Greetings,I have reinstalled Windows a few days ago. I encountered errors with KB5034441 showing an error code after every reboot during the OS update process. Now that Windows is fully updated, every time Windows Update checks for new updates it tries and fails without error...
  3. KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???: Greetings,I have reinstalled Windows a few days ago. I encountered errors with KB5034441 showing an error code after every reboot during the OS update process. Now that Windows is fully updated, every time Windows Update checks for new updates it tries and fails without error...
  4. KB5034441 is already installed, but Windows Update still tries to download and install it???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed

Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed: Windows Update is constantly trying to a install a windows update that's already installed. To be specific it's September 1st 2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview KB5005101 or September 14 2021-09 Cumulative Update KB5005565 I'm using Windows 10 21H1.This seems to be related to...
  6. issue with windows 10 trying to re install an update that is already installed kb5004237

issue with windows 10 trying to re install an update that is already installed kb5004237: every since the patch went in on 7/7/2021 i have had problems with updates. On 7/16/2021 the update for kb5004237 finally was installed. However Windows 10 update has been trying to re install the same file over and over again with error 0x800f0831. I paused my updates for 7...
  7. Updating to a update that I've already installed

Updating to a update that I've already installed: What happens if i download an update I've already updated to like the Windows 1909 update which i installed on Intel drivers and Support Assistant....
  8. Windows Update tries to install an already installed update

Windows Update tries to install an already installed update: Hello there. I noticed that windows update tries to install a display driver and it fails, because it already has installed it. This has been going on since the 2020 update release. I can't make it stop. Is there any way to make it "forget" or exclude this update? Somehow...
  9. Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.

Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.: Fix Windows Update or give the one from 8.1 or 7. The update in question is this: [ATTACH] Now I have already installed it manually by downloading it through Microsoft Catalogue since I know Windows Updates fail mostly. Here's the proof: [ATTACH]...
  10. PC hardfreezes on idling mouse, already tried clean install.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC hardfreezes on idling mouse, already tried clean install.: My computer has had this issue for a while now, to where it is actively preventing me from using the device. Whenever the mouse goes idle for a short time, the system hard freezes, and requires me to manually reboot it. I'm an absolute technology noob, and any help is much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update trying to install an already installed update