Windows 10: PC turning itself on after Windows 10 upgrade.

Discus and support PC turning itself on after Windows 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded one of my systems to 10 the other day and ever since it won't stay off, it just turns itself back on every time I shut it down. It was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Magicsqurill, Aug 6, 2015.

1. PC turning itself on after Windows 10 upgrade.

I upgraded one of my systems to 10 the other day and ever since it won't stay off, it just turns itself back on every time I shut it down. It was a clean install, not an upgrade. Never had this issue before the upgrade. Hopefully somebody can be of assistance.

:)

Magicsqurill, Aug 6, 2015

2. upgrading upto 10% but failed

i had downloaded windows 10 and tried to install it it

then after restarting upgrading to windows 10 title came and pc turned off itself

when i on my pc i showed msg that restoring previous version of windows

what to do to upgrade........???

srikanthpaisa, Aug 6, 2015
  3. learYue Win User
    Window 10 will turn on my PC itself

After upgrade to window 10, my Lenovo desktop computer will turn on itself after I shut down it. So I have to reinstall to window 8.1. I have tried 3 times from upgrade to window 10, and down it back to window 8. I do not why it will turn it on itself
    in window 10. Please help.

learYue, Aug 6, 2015
  4. firenate Win User

PC turning itself on after Windows 10 upgrade.

Can you check your updates and see if they are installed correctly mine said updates are unable to install and just undue them and every time you do shutdown it will keep trying to install them. reply back if they did not install correctly and ill guide you how to fix this

firenate, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Updates were fine. Think I found the problem though. Pretty sure it was the fast startup doing it. I disabled it and it's stayed off for about an hour now. Hopefully that's all it was.

Magicsqurill, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Nope, still doing it. Anyone have any other ideas?

Magicsqurill, Aug 7, 2015
  7. rvbfan Win User
    Check devices. Make sure your Ethernet or WiFi is not set to wake the computer up.

PC turning itself on after Windows 10 upgrade. [​IMG]

rvbfan, Aug 7, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

Hi, I fixed this problem on a friends system yesterday. The "Fast Startup" option was the final part of the solution for his custom build.

Maybe a similar troubleshooting process will work for you too:

• Reboot and enter BIOS
    • Check all Power Management settings are correct and save any changes
    • Restart Windows
    • Disable Fast Startup
    • Open your Power Plan Settings and click on Change Advanced Power Settings
    • Then go through each device that could be causing your pc to wake and change it accordingly
    • Reboot after each change to find the culprit

Good luck!

WhyMe, Aug 7, 2015
  9. bostockm Win User
    Hi,

Just wondered if you managed to find a solution to this?

I've just upgraded to Windows 10, and am having the same problem!

Thanks.

bostockm, Aug 8, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    That was the solution I posted! I managed to fix the problem for my friend by doing everything listed in my previous post.

Oh...and welcome to the forum *Biggrin

WhyMe, Aug 8, 2015
  11. No, I haven't fixed it yet but I haven't taken away wake up permissions from anything but the network adapter yet. I probably won't be fixing it for at least a week because I'm taking off on a trip tomorrow morning.

Magicsqurill, Aug 9, 2015
  12. Did you find a solution to this? I am having the same issue after I upgraded. Really weird.

mveras1972, Sep 25, 2015
  13. PC turning itself on after Windows 10 upgrade.

It just kind of randomly stopped happening for this system. Maybe an update fixed it, dunno.

Magicsqurill, Sep 25, 2015
  14. Windows 8/8.1/10 have a hybrid sleep/power off to allow it to boot faster. To legitimately shut down your pc, hold shift when you click on power off until it suits down. I was having the same problem and that did it for me, hope it works for you.

mrjimlahey, Oct 5, 2015
  15. If you are still looking for a solution after trying all the previous ones, do you have an Intel chipset motherboard? If so, you need to go in to Device Manager and find Intel Management Engine. Right click on it, choose properties, and on the last tab, uncheck any of the power options.

My wife and I each have new Pavilion x360 laptops, and we had to do this on both. Intel is aware of the issue and should be updating the drivers soon.

DeaconFrost, Oct 5, 2015
Thema:

1. PC turning itself on after Windows 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - turning itself upgrade

2. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  3. Windows 11 Turn On PC by Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Turn On PC by Itself: I have just fresh installed Windows 11 on my PC several weeks back. It's frustrating that somehow Windows 11 always turn on my PC at 12:00 AM every day. I've followed many advise on how disable this, including:1. Turn off fast boot in BIOS2. Disable the "allow wake computer"...
  4. Windows 11 Turn On PC by Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Turn On PC by Itself: I have just fresh installed Windows 11 on my PC several weeks back. It's frustrating that somehow Windows 11 always turn on my PC at 12:00 AM every day. I've followed many advise on how disable this, including:1. Turn off fast boot in BIOS2. Disable the "allow wake computer"...
  5. PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds: Seeking assistance in regard to the belowWhenever I turned on a PC it automatically shuts down 5seconds. Then whenever i switch it back on, it never shutdown. it only happens on first time switch on.Thanks,...
  6. PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds: Seeking assistance in regard to the belowWhenever I turned on a PC it automatically shuts down 5seconds. Then whenever i switch it back on, it never shutdown. it only happens on first time switch on.Thanks,...
  7. PC turns on by itself after "shutdown /s"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on by itself after "shutdown /s": Hello, I have noticed a weird issue with my pc last week. Win 10 Pro 64-bit 1909 Last week I enabled Wake on Lan S5 Support from my BIOS and WOL works as expected. I can send magic packet to wake up my computer from my network. However, I noticed that if any program like...
  8. microphone turning itself on after windows 10 update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microphone turning itself on after windows 10 update?: so my microphone has turned its self on 4 times so far in the last 1-2 hours after the update, stop spying pls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-turning-itself-on-after-windows-10/8ec61347-c172-49f7-92f3-262b27f528c9"
  9. PC turns itself on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turns itself on after shutdown: Around the time when I first setup automatic shutdown in Windows Scheduler (or what it's called in English), my PC has started turning itself back on again after shutdown in the evening. I've tried disabling the scheduled shutdown but it made no difference, and I'm not sure...
  10. PC Shuts itself off after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Shuts itself off after Windows 10 Upgrade: Hello All of a sudden my PC (Laptop) has started to shut itself off after a while. No error messages, no BSOD, no nothing just shuts itself off and then when I re-start it, it boots up normally without displaying any messages. Whe it started couple of months ago, it was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after upgrading to win10 my laptop will turn on by itself after a full shutdown