Windows 10: PC unable to detect third monitor after having worked before

Discus and support PC unable to detect third monitor after having worked before in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a three monitor set-up that worked up until recently. I initially thought it was my third monitor malfunctioning, which I confirmed it had. But,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by thefatkid, Jul 4, 2017.

1. thefatkid Win User

PC unable to detect third monitor after having worked before

I have a three monitor set-up that worked up until recently. I initially thought it was my third monitor malfunctioning, which I confirmed it had. But, when I replaced the defective third monitor with a new one, the third monitor still does not work. I currently run the following:

Workstation: Lenovo Ideacentre K410
    RAM: 16gb
    Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX750 (1X HDMI, DVI and VGA)

My PC detects the monitor with the VGA connection, but it only detects either the HDMI or the DVI connected monitors. Since I only have one HDMI connection to the graphic card, I have an HDMI to DVI converter for one of the monitors. It appears the HDMI>DVI port isn't being detected by either the video card or the PC.

I've swapped out the HDMI connections to the DVI adapter. I've rebooted the PC multiple times. I've gone through the Control Panel to try to get both the PC and video card to detect the third monitor to no avail. At this point, I'm at a loss. Any guidance from the community would be greatly appreciated.

:)

thefatkid, Jul 4, 2017
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 not detecting 3rd monitor

Thank you for your response. If the above steps did not work, let's try a different approach. Try switching the third monitor to either of the two monitors that have working connection and see if it will detect the third one. If the monitor can't still be
    detected after switching places and connections, it's either the splitter cannot support multiple connections or broken, or the video card has problem.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 4, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Jul 4, 2017
  5. thefatkid Win User
    Thank you for the guidance CountMike. Unfortunately, after uninstalling and reinstalling the Nvidia driver, my system still only recognizes two of the three monitors. Any other thoughts?

thefatkid, Jul 5, 2017
  6. thefatkid Win User
    Embarrassingly, I figured it out. I had duplicate cables, one of which was plugged in to the wrong port. Seems like it's my poor cable management that needs some help versus anything technical PC unable to detect third monitor after having worked before :) Sorry for wasting your time.

thefatkid, Jul 5, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    It's important it's fixed, you should see a wired nightmare behind my computer.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC unable to detect third monitor after having worked before - Similar Threads - unable detect third

2. Third monitor detected, but not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third monitor detected, but not working.: I have a 1360x768 Samsung TV as my main monitor/display connected with HDMi, 1a side one that is a regular 1680x1050 monitor connected with DVI, 2and i want to connect an 1366x768 small monitor with VGA 3I have a GPU that has all those inputs.I tested all monitors, they all...
  3. Third monitor detected, but not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third monitor detected, but not working.: I have a 1360x768 Samsung TV as my main monitor/display connected with HDMi, 1a side one that is a regular 1680x1050 monitor connected with DVI, 2and i want to connect an 1366x768 small monitor with VGA 3I have a GPU that has all those inputs.I tested all monitors, they all...
  4. Third monitor detected, but not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to detect third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to detect third monitor: I recently acquired a HDMI splitter and was hoping to connect my laptop with an external monitor and a TV. However, it doesn't seem to be able to detect the TV. I know the connection works since the TV was able to duplicate my external monitor but I was hoping that I could...
  6. Unable to detect third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to detect third monitor: I recently acquired a HDMI splitter and was hoping to connect my laptop with an external monitor and a TV. However, it doesn't seem to be able to detect the TV. I know the connection works since the TV was able to duplicate my external monitor but I was hoping that I could...
  7. Unable to detect third monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Third Monitor not detected by Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Third Monitor not detected by Windows: Hi there,Hoping someone can help me out.I recently purchased a new monitor in the hopes of setting up 3 in total. My original monitor is a Dell monitor using a VGA connection. I purchased an LG monitor with an HDMI connection. I have a Surface Pro 4 which is connected to a...
  9. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...
  10. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...