Windows 10: PC unresponsive for about 10 seconds after loading to desktop.

Discus and support PC unresponsive for about 10 seconds after loading to desktop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No issue until recently, roughly 3 days. After I login, the desktop loads and then it will freeze. Sometimes I am able to click to open chrome but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by David1, Jul 4, 2016.

1. David1 Win User

PC unresponsive for about 10 seconds after loading to desktop.

No issue until recently, roughly 3 days. After I login, the desktop loads and then it will freeze. Sometimes I am able to click to open chrome but then it immediately drops. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

David1, Jul 4, 2016

2. Desktop Flashing

I have an ASUS desktop PC upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My desktop is unable to load, it keeps flashing about once per second. The mouse pointer is the rotating blue circle. I restarted the PC but it's doing the same thing.

GeorgeWagemann, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 boots to a black screen

My Windows laptop runs on v1709 build 16299.125. After the recent feature update my laptop boots to a black screen with a mouse pointer. It becomes unresponsive for about 5 mins and after that it loads up the desktop without the icons and the taskbar with
    only start,cortana,task view and action center buttons. It then again takes another 2 mins to load up the icons on desktop and taskbar.

I also noticed elavated disk usage( constantly 100 percent) for another 5 mins. Then the pc becomes snappy as before

My pc has an intel i5 5200U processor with 12 gigs of ram and 1 tb hdd.

GiridharGovind, Jul 4, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Thema:

1. PC unresponsive for about 10 seconds after loading to desktop. - Similar Threads - unresponsive seconds loading

2. PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot: Whenever I boot my pc, after a few seconds, the entire start menu stops working, alt tab and win tab stops working and i cannot interact or open any applications or programs, and the only way to fix this is by restarting the pc, but again, this just works for a few seconds...
  3. PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot: Whenever I boot my pc, after a few seconds, the entire start menu stops working, alt tab and win tab stops working and i cannot interact or open any applications or programs, and the only way to fix this is by restarting the pc, but again, this just works for a few seconds...
  4. PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Xbox App unresponsive after a few seconds.

Xbox App unresponsive after a few seconds.: The Xbox app freezes within a few seconds of opening, preventing me from clicking anything or even closing the app without using task manager. I've reinstalled the app both through the Microsoft Store and official Xbox website, but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone found...
  6. Xbox App unresponsive after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App unresponsive after a few seconds.: The Xbox app freezes within a few seconds of opening, preventing me from clicking anything or even closing the app without using task manager. I've reinstalled the app both through the Microsoft Store and official Xbox website, but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone found...
  7. unresponsive desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    unresponsive desktop: So i recently rebooted my laptop using the cloud method, and now my desktop somehow doesn't technically exist?I can still drag files and folders on to my desktop, but when I try to save something directly to my desktop i get a pop up saying that it doesn't exist? even my cmd...
  8. MS Hearts crashes about 4 or 5 seconds after loading

MS Hearts crashes about 4 or 5 seconds after loading: I realize this is not critical in the general scheme of things but it bothers me. Installed Build 10565 yesterday and everything works great except Hearts. Event viewer indicated it might be a Java problem so I downloaded the latest Java but that hasn't helped. Any ideas?...
  9. Windows 10 Unresponsive, 4hours+ to login desktop won't load, system32

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Unresponsive, 4hours+ to login desktop won't load, system32: Hey all, I've been running windows 10 on my Toshiba satellite i3 core laptop successfully for about a month or two until a week ago when I went to print something it all of a sudden became super unresponsive. No programs would open, shut, terminate, including taskmgr....
  10. Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login: Hi, on my Acer 5750g laptop running Windows 10 I logged in as usual and the desktop initially didn't populate my desktop at all so i restarted and the desktop was there as usual but the laptop was running very very slow and even hovering over icons on the desktop had no...