Windows 10: Pc v owner --PC winning

Discus and support Pc v owner --PC winning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to update to Win 10 per Microsoft offer byr after 5/6 attempts where all goes well each time for the approx 90mins download sequence I receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crackerjack, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Pc v owner --PC winning

Trying to update to Win 10 per Microsoft offer byr after 5/6 attempts where all goes well each time for the approx 90mins download sequence I receive this message and a "try again" prompt

Is 10 worth the effort members or/ do I just submit and stay with 7 / or save files clean PC and do a complete clean install etc

Anyone else had the following --and found a solution ?

Any/or all advice would be greatly appreciated before PC goes thro window onto lawn! *Mad*Banghead

On screenmessage as follows :-

"Windows Update

Red cross X Windows 10 could not be installed

Failed : 1 update

Errors Found :-

C1900101 – 30018

Windows update encountered an unknown error (get help with this error?)

Most recent check for updates :today at 17.25

Updates installed today at 19.22

View update history:

You receive updates for Windows and other products from Microsoft update

Find out more about Free software updates from Microsoft Update Check here for details

7 results for "WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

1 Install Windows updates in Windows 7

2 Windows Update error 80070008 or 8007000e

3 Windows Update error 8007f0f4 or FFFFFFFF

4 Windows Update error 800705b4

5 Windows Update error 80072efe or 80072f76

6 Windows Update error 8024200d

7 Windows Update error 8024002D "

:)

crackerjack, Jan 16, 2016

2. 5110 Data assistance please.

Firmware V 05.28 Win XP Pro SP2.

Before going to the trouble of purchasing a Data Cable from OS, will my phone work ok using 'Nokia PC Suite' V 6.84.10.3?

I have downloaded PC Suite for my wife's Nokia 6131 & am awaiting on a cable for that, but as I need to order a different cable for the 5110 I am wondering whether it will be compatible.

Or do I need Nokia Data Suite 1.2 as per the Owners Guide?

If I do, where can I still find it to download please?

Thanks in anticipation.

f_f

first_fleet, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Signon

How can I sign on to C:\Users|Owner-PC in win 10?

KarolusMagnum, Jan 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Pc v owner --PC winning

Hi, you might well be more successful downloading Win 10 iso (make sure you choose the right one) and using that. You then also can use that subsequently if necessary for an in place upgrade repair install (useful!).

You can find appropriate instructions in the Tutorial section (see above).

Make sure you use disk imaging to image your Win 7 so if anything goes wrong (and it did first time for me) you can restore Win 7 from your image backup.

Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect (free) + external storage medium for backup + their boot disk (make sure you create it).

Disk image backups are REALLY useful and allow you to restore your system in a defined time and provide a full backup.

dalchina, Jan 16, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Try this

download iso, double click on it and UPGRADE (not clean install) by running setup.exe

Tech Bench

No updates required.

cereberus, Jan 16, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You can follow this guide to get the iso.
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Please do take care to use disk imaging to create an image before upgrading. If sthg goes wrong, you could end up with an unbootable system. Disk imaging is a valuable precaution which can prevent bucketloads of frustration.

dalchina, Jan 16, 2016
  7. nanohead Win User
    Sounds like my latest experience. I had 7 machines go basically ok, and one (my mother in law's laptop!) is killing me. Same basic thing, with 20 different errors. I just reloaded win 7 pro with a fresh install, then tried the media creation tool... lo and behold! It says "There was a problem...blah blah..)

Its pretty amazing how arcane some of these fixes are. I'm finding it pretty time consuming to get all this stuff to work. It shouldn't be this hard. Most of the machines I upgraded required some sort of brain surgery, with some dopey error message that required reading 100 forum posts to find a way to actually fix it.

nanohead, Jan 17, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Pc v owner --PC winning

To try to answer the question 'is '10 worth the effort'..
    1. if your PC is stable now and does what you need- why change?
    2. Win 7 full support ended in January last year
    3. Win 7's appearance and start menu satisfied most- Win 10 is
    - worse in appearance (my opinion)
    - has a much worse start menu (easily replaced)
    4. The universal apps add nothing you can't do otherwise, but there are some good ones you can get from the Store
    5. The Edge browser is default- and all defaults will be set to the new apps. Thus to get back to where you were requires work.
    6. Improving Win 10's appearance takes work.
    7. The update- if it goes smoothly- takes about 2 to 3 hours (say) assuming you download and keep an iso for in-place upgrade repair installs (very useful).
    8. You have to get used to a whole new regime of updates, and how to limit their impact.
    9. The new apps and Cortana can break if you fiddle in puzzling ways.
    10. The way we used to fix the apps now breaks them. Hmm.
    11. Upgrading may introduce driver related problems.
    12. Users have commonly reported problems here with respect to sleep.
    13. More problems have been reported about desktop icons being re-arranged than with earlier Windows.
    14. Some users have experienced odd problems with hardware that worked fine in earlier Windows.

Etc...

If you activate Win 10 within the year from launch you get to keep it on your current PC (some hardware changes allowed).

('You pays your money (0) and you takes your chance')

dalchina, Jan 18, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    I have, yes. Keeps me up for hours.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Pc v owner --PC winning

1. Pc v owner --PC winning - Similar Threads - owner winning

2. My computer changes owner ship says I have no access and won’t let me in settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer changes owner ship says I have no access and won’t let me in settings: It’s very frustrating I just got it and I’m not able to do what I need to do and no one cares around to help so hopefully u can. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-changes-owner-ship-says-i-have-no/8031a60a-f81b-4354-a062-5ddfbf25e5e9
  3. I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...: My boss gave me an old laptop computer that was upgraded to Windows 10 it still has his generic credentials in the Windows 10 can I delete that credential and add my windows credential that I already had with Microsoft on a Windows 11 computer that crashed? He did not sign in...
  4. I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...: My boss gave me an old laptop computer that was upgraded to Windows 10 it still has his generic credentials in the Windows 10 can I delete that credential and add my windows credential that I already had with Microsoft on a Windows 11 computer that crashed? He did not sign in...
  5. I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Removing previous owners login and PW from an HP ENVY 20 with WIN 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing previous owners login and PW from an HP ENVY 20 with WIN 10: I inherited an HP ENVY 20 Desktop and need to change ownership. email and PW I do not want to dump and reload all my software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-previous-owners-login-and-pw-from-an-hp/43a58ba3-9004-422b-ae55-b0588e529035
  7. just inherited a good win 10 laptop-how do I refresh and eliminate previous owner info

in Windows 10 Customization
    just inherited a good win 10 laptop-how do I refresh and eliminate previous owner info: just inherited a good win 10 laptop-how do I refresh and eliminate previous owner info-Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-inherited-a-good-win-10-laptop-how-do-i/6d2374c2-6a5d-47dc-87fd-080d51146c25
  8. Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need clarification on OEM Win 10 activation for new owner of my old PC.: Have a new PC on way and am selling my old acer predator with OEM Win 10 to a work colleague. I understand how to do the reset and how to deactivate the digital licence from my MS account. i just want to be sure that after doing that my colleague will be able to start up, use...
  9. removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10: What are the steps to follow to do the above please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-owners-name-and-details-upon-giving-away/fa06d6c2-025c-49b9-9c53-c25a40b1f584"
  10. Moved ext data drive (XP machine) to new computer (win 10) Owner Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved ext data drive (XP machine) to new computer (win 10) Owner Issue: Hello from a new member and new win 10 user. I had an XP machine that died and replaced it with a new Win 10 pro machine. I moved the old external data drive to my new computer and now have had lots of "you're not the owner" and "contact the administrator or owner"...