Windows 10: PC Waking up by Itsself

Discus and support PC Waking up by Itsself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any idea why my PC won't stay on hibernate ? It stays on Hibernate about 5 seconds, then wakes up. I unchecked "Allow device to wake the computer" for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

PC Waking up by Itsself

Any idea why my PC won't stay on hibernate ? It stays on Hibernate about 5 seconds, then wakes up.
    I unchecked "Allow device to wake the computer" for keyboard, mouse and network adapter.
    Screenshot by Lightshot

:)

Marron, Mar 12, 2015

2. Lumia 535 shutting off by itself

my microsoft lumia 535 shutsdown by itsself

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

yassiraliVC, Mar 12, 2015
  3. PC is NOT wakeing up

Hi Ameen,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

We appreciate you for trying some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable Turn on fast start up (if it is enabled) and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.

• Under all Control Panel items select
      Power Option.

• Click on Choose what the Power button does
      in left panel.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.(Enter admin credentials if prompted)

• Click on When I press the power button and select the option as
      Shutdown from drop down menu.

• Click on When I press the sleep button and select the option as
      Sleep from drop down menu.

• Uncheck Turn on fast start up and click on
      Save Changes.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

PC Waking up by Itsself

Brink, Mar 12, 2015
  5. Marron Win User
    I feel stupid now. When I went to sleep I couldn't make my PC hibernate, and now I can't reproduce the thing to catch the culprit.
    Maybe it just needed a restart for the settings to take effect ?
    Thanks anyway, and sorry for false alarm.

Marron, Mar 12, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hopefully the restart sorted it for you, but it wouldn't hurt to see what woke it. It should be in the event logs for what woke the PC at that time and date.

Brink, Mar 12, 2015
  7. Marron Win User
    There were actually more culprits.
    First one, which I think it's already sorted out: Screenshot by Lightshot
    Second one, which I don't see any power settings for: Screenshot by Lightshot

Marron, Mar 12, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

PC Waking up by Itsself

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC Waking up by Itsself

1. PC Waking up by Itsself - Similar Threads - Waking Itsself

2. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  3. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  4. Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]: My computer cannot wake up from sleep. Everything is up to date, clean installation of Windows 11 23h2.Here is for the log from event viewer when it happens computer sleep: event viewer logand here is the system configuration: System AMD 3700x...
  5. Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]

Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]: My computer cannot wake up from sleep. Everything is up to date, clean installation of Windows 11 23h2.Here is for the log from event viewer when it happens computer sleep: event viewer logand here is the system configuration: System AMD 3700x...
  6. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  7. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  8. Windows wakes up HDDs without reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows wakes up HDDs without reason: Hello, I am using a normal Computer Lenovo V530s with Windows 10 as a server in my home network. The power plan is set to power off unused HDD's after short time for power saving.They really should only spin up if someone uses something from them. However Windows does spin up...
  9. Windows wakes up HDDs without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wakes up HDDs without reason: Hello, I am using a normal Computer Lenovo V530s with Windows 10 as a server in my home network. The power plan is set to power off unused HDD's after short time for power saving.They really should only spin up if someone uses something from them. However Windows does spin up...
  10. Windows wakes up HDDs without reason