Windows 10: PC Wil not Enter Sleep

Discus and support PC Wil not Enter Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think an update caused it but am not sure. I ran this line and got the below. I have checked the network adapters power management and disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gapi, Mar 5, 2017.

1. gapi Win User

PC Wil not Enter Sleep

I think an update caused it but am not sure. I ran this line and got the below.
    I have checked the network adapters power management and disabled print and file sharing and do not use a home group.

Help! Thanks

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests
    DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet
    An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

:)

gapi, Mar 5, 2017

2. seiko smart label printer 200 not working with windows 10

I bought a new computer equiped with windows 10

my label printer wil not work

pc wil not recognize hardware or wil not install driver from sd

drivers for this model are no longer on site manafacturer

suggestions, (aside from buy a newer model)

peterdejong, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Sleep button on a PC

I click on Sleep and the PC goes to sleep. However, when I come back to the PC, it has closed down completely and I have to restart it which takes several minutes. I want it to Sleep until I press the enter key.

japankorea, Mar 5, 2017
  4. PC Wil not Enter Sleep

Hi gapi

Could you please review your update history and in particular see if you received a driver updates. If you did you may wish to try rolling back. Create restore point.

You said you checked the Power Management on your network adapters, there is also a check box to "Allow this device to wake computer", is that also off.

As most solutions on google involve the network adapters or sharing, I see you read those too, there are a number of troubleshooters in Windows 10. I would create a restore point first.

Type troubleshooting into Cortana, the app appears at top of list. Click, when Windows opens click on View all in the upper left.

Here you will see Network adapter, Sharing, etc. When you start one of the trouble shooters and it opens click on "Advanced", then run as administrator, then next. The network one will uninstall and re-install your adapter. You may need to re-enter passwords.

Finally there is a complete Network reset, click Start => Setting => Network and Internet. At the bottom of the right hand side, Reset Network. If you use this it will forget all networks and wireless passwords.

I would also power cycle you router just to be sure.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 5, 2017
  5. gapi Win User
    Thanks, I have not had an update since 2/22/17 so that's not it. I don't use Cortana as its always in my face so to speak so I disabled it.

I read its the "An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine" and seen a suggestion to run -
    powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER "srvnet" SYSTEM .

But I could not find the command line to reverse it if it caused more harm than good.

gapi, Mar 5, 2017
  6. gapi Win User
    I'm back and happy. I ran the "powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER "srvnet" SYSTEM" command line and all is good.

But not before I found the reversal of the command line which is "powercfg /requestsoverride DRIVER srvnet" just in case.

gapi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC Wil not Enter Sleep

1. PC Wil not Enter Sleep - Similar Threads - Wil Enter Sleep

2. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  3. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  4. PC crashes when it enters sleep

PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  5. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. pc no video input entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no video input entering sleep mode: hello i have been having this problem this couple months when i play high end games my pc screen goes black and massage pops up no video input entering sleepmode i hear the game in the backround also pc fans start spining at max speed i turned off the setting where my pc...
  7. PC fails to enter sleep successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC fails to enter sleep successfully: Hi,I've been trying to find out what has been causing an issue I have been having on and off for about 6 months now but I can't seem to get to the bottom of it.A lot of the time, when I put my PC into sleep the PC starts to enter sleep, the monitor turns off, RGB lighting...
  8. PC fails to enter sleep successfully

PC fails to enter sleep successfully: Hi,I've been trying to find out what has been causing an issue I have been having on and off for about 6 months now but I can't seem to get to the bottom of it.A lot of the time, when I put my PC into sleep the PC starts to enter sleep, the monitor turns off, RGB lighting...
  9. PC won't enter sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't enter sleep automatically: I'm running Windows 10 PRO version 2004. I set my power plan so that the PC should go into sleep mode after a certain amount of time, but won't do so automatically. I can manually put the PC to sleep and it stays asleep until I wake it up. I tried putting a clean install...
  10. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...