Windows 10: PC will automatically start in one minute loop

Discus and support PC will automatically start in one minute loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HP Notebook with Windows 10 Owner was doing an adware removal using Malwarebytes Adware Removal Tool. Something got screwed up and now the PC is in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Jan 3, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

PC will automatically start in one minute loop

HP Notebook with Windows 10
    Owner was doing an adware removal using Malwarebytes Adware Removal Tool.
    Something got screwed up and now the PC is in a "PC will automatically start.........."
    I managed to get to the Task Manager before the restart and have all marked "Disable"
    Booted with a W-10 iso on a flash deive and tried the "Startup Repair" which didn't work.
    Frpm a CMD, "bootrec /fixboot Access is denied"
    Not sure whether the "diskpart" fix will be needed or work on this.
    Looking for an easy way out.
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jan 3, 2018
  2. Hanny1965 Win User

Your PC will automatically restart in one minute---HELP Windows 10

I was finally able to get into safe mode, even in safe mode im still unable to get get defender to run. I did system file checker, but the problem remains.

Any other suggestions? Can i try fixing via usb since i am now able to boot from there? What would i run to fix this nightmare? Is sytem restore a possible solution? Auto repair says unable to fix problem.

Hanny1965, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 3, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

1) Using the windows 10 iso > command prompt > Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
    X:sources>
    2) type: bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    This should display the drive letter for the partition of the affected drive
    3) type: sfc /scannow /offbootdir=g:\ /offwindir=g:\windows (change the letter g to the drive letter displayed for the partition in the prior command results)
    4) type: g: (change g to the drive letter displayed for the partition in the prior command results)
    It should display g:\
    5) type: chkdsk /f
    It should display:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first.
    ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID.
    Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? (Y/N)

6) type: y

It should display stages and typically ends with failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50.

7) reboot and report results into the thread.

8) The above steps are to repair the operating system and drive file system. If the above did not fix the problem plan steps to fix the boot and/or registry.

zbook, Jan 3, 2018
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Had tried all that.
    sfc returned no errors, chkdsk same.
    Used the Diskpart fix all the way to the last step cd /d G:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot
    Now can't find newly created "G: drive

cfourkays, Jan 4, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    What did the command: bcdedit | find "osdevice" display for partition?

Where were there steps with cd?
    Please list the steps that were made.
    If you can use a camera or smart phone camera please post images into the thread.

From Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
    X:\sources

1) type these commands:

a) type: Bootrec /fixmbr
    b) click enter
    It may display: The operation completed successfully.

c) type: Bootrec /fixboot
    d) click enter
    It may display: The operation completed successfully.

e) type: Bootrec /scanos
    f) click enter
    It may display:
    Scanning all disks for Windows installations.
    Please wait, since this may take a while...
    Successfully scanned Windows installations.
    Total identified Windows installations: 0
    The operation completed successfully.

g) type: Bootrec /rebuildbcd
    h) click enter
    It may display:
    Scanning all disks for Windows installations.
    Please wait, since this may take a while...
    Successfully scanned Windows installations.
    Total identified Windows installations: 0
    The operation completed successfully.

12) if the above works then create a backup image of your drive using Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

13) if the above fails plan to perform a registry repair

Report into the thread your progress.

Report into the thread the Windows RE steps/command prompt commands that you had made in the prior post.

For the registry repair to succeed the files will be identified and size of the files must be substantial. The dir command will be used to view the files and the sizes.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC will automatically start in one minute loop - Similar Threads - automatically start minute

2. My PC suddenly notifies me that the PC will automatically restart in one minute

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My PC suddenly notifies me that the PC will automatically restart in one minute: My PC suddenly notifies me that the PC will automatically restart in one minute, and after it restarts, it suddenly asks me to sign in with a username and a password, even though I haven't set one before. And the worst thing is that it still keeps restarting every minute....
  3. My PC suddenly notifies me that the PC will automatically restart in one minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC suddenly notifies me that the PC will automatically restart in one minute: My PC suddenly notifies me that the PC will automatically restart in one minute, and after it restarts, it suddenly asks me to sign in with a username and a password, even though I haven't set one before. And the worst thing is that it still keeps restarting every minute....
  4. My PC suddenly notifies me that the PC will automatically restart in one minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Your PC will automatically restart in one minute.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your PC will automatically restart in one minute.: Hello, I have an Asus ZenBook Flip S UX371EA and I'm having this problem named on the title everytime I connect my computer to the internet. I tried to reset my computer, but it's not resetting, I get the message "There was a problem resetting your PC". Help :Edit: also tried...
  6. Your pc will automatically restart in one minute. Error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your pc will automatically restart in one minute. Error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] This is continuous issue from last week, is this due to any windows updates? Any fix for this urgent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pc-will-automatically-restart-in-one-minute/9cf25b3c-9de0-4ba4-b9ef-2dd1bf74e35a
  7. Your pc will automatically restart in one minute

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your pc will automatically restart in one minute: Hi, Every morning when I start up my laptop - I get the attached message displayed.After clicking on "Close" - it will reboot and only then, Windows would start up properly. Any suggestions? Thanks. [IMG]...
  8. Pc Stutter every one Minute

Pc Stutter every one Minute: Hi everyone, ive had a Problem since a circa a week. My System freezes for half a second once every minute on the clock.(Incidentally the time it takes for the hardware monitor graphs on the Task manager to cycle once) It manifests in Fps Drop and Gpu utilization drop, as...
  9. Your PC will automatically restart in one minute HELPP

Your PC will automatically restart in one minute HELPP: Hi, and thank you for taking the time to help. I am writing from safe mode. I recently installed windows 10, and ever since i keep getting this message "your pc will automatically restart in one minute" after some minutes of use, or after i open the settings app, then it...
  10. Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly: Hello! I've ran into a bit of an issue, I can't seem to boot into windows. My system is uefi, windows x64 1903 build and I am stuck in automatic repair loop and can't even boot into safe mode, automatic repair starts immediately after trying to boot into safe mode. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows will automatically restart in one minute loop

2. your pc will automatically restart in one minute