Windows 10: PC will not automatically go to sleep after upgrade

Discus and support PC will not automatically go to sleep after upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, After upgrading to Windows 10, my PC will not go to sleep automatically nor will the displays turn off after the specified time (10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delco24, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Delco24 Win User

PC will not automatically go to sleep after upgrade

Hi all,

After upgrading to Windows 10, my PC will not go to sleep automatically nor will the displays turn off after the specified time (10 minutes). If I put it to sleep manually from the Start menu, it will go to sleep and usually stays that way until manually woken up. I had no issues with my PC going to sleep in Windows 7.

So far I've tried:
    • Unchecking "Allow this device to wake the computer" on my NIC
    • Disabling password required when the PC wakes up (saw it on another thread so figured I'd try it)
    • Updating all drivers (chipset, graphics, etc)
    • Updating my motherboard's BIOS
    • Disconnecting my keyboard and mouse
    • Checking powercfg /requests (its blank - everything is none)

Anyone run into this yet or have any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks!

:)

Delco24, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Delco24 Win User

Turn off display and sleep mode problem

I am having the same issue as well. My PC went to sleep fine automatically on Windows 7. After upgrading to Windows 10, my displays stay on and my PC will not sleep automatically. It will go to sleep if I manually put it to sleep.

Also, my powercfg /requests is empty as well.

Delco24, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Moskowa Win User
    windows 10 will not go to sleep automatically

Thanks for your comments. For clarity, Regarding the display driver, my driver is newer than that on Dell's website. Should I revert to an older driver? And would you do the norton uninstall first and try that, or explore the video driver first?

Moskowa, Aug 2, 2015
  4. adsrox0r Win User

I have exactly the same problem and symptoms.

Ordinarily I wouldn't really be bothered but with an inquisitive toddler running about I can't turn my back on my PC for fear of 'toddler intervention'.

adsrox0r, Aug 2, 2015
  5. batlhilz Win User
    might be cause of the hybrid option. tried to disable "fast start" ?

batlhilz, Aug 2, 2015
  6. If I remember correctly, just about every new Windows release has sleep mode issues at first, do to graphic driver issues. I've been able to fix my sleep mode issues temporarily, but they always creep back. Until better drivers come out, I'd suggest you just disable sleep mode.

fracking4oil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC will not automatically go to sleep after upgrade - Similar Threads - automatically sleep upgrade

2. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  3. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  4. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not going to sleep: I’ve had my pc for almost 2 years and have never had a problem until recently. And that is that it’s just not going into sleep mode. Every once in a while, it will go to sleep. But 99% off the time the screen will turn off, but the pc itself will stay active. I’ve tried most...
  6. PC is not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is not going to sleep: My computer is waking up on its own. I tried to fix it but failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-going-to-sleep/57a3cf27-eb2b-4880-a222-c5c341c6c877
  7. CPU won't go into sleep automatically after upgrade to version 2004

CPU won't go into sleep automatically after upgrade to version 2004: Hi, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Recently upgraded to OS version 2004 Since the upgrade, the monitor will turn off when idling time reached threshold. But CPU will not go into sleep mode automatically. Password is required on wake-up so I'm sure it never went into sleep....
  8. PC won't lock after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't lock after going to sleep: This is a problem for me, because I want to be sure that if I accidentally forget to lock it manually, it will lock on it's own and not be open for everybody. I have set the sleep mode to be 10 minutes of inactivity. I have also been to the Sign-in settings and set the...
  9. after automatic sleep timer end laptop won't go to sleep

after automatic sleep timer end laptop won't go to sleep: i try a lot of thing, but none of them works for me... after my laptop screen go off system won't ever go to sleep, I can "temporary" fix it with "msconfig" and disableing ALL the servicies even the microsoft one and reboot, any advice? may english may be far from perfect,...
  10. PC going to sleep

PC going to sleep: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this? Thanks....