Windows 10: PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off

Discus and support PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lenovo IdeaCenter K450, 4-5 years old. Specs in My Computers. This problem started recently, after one of the updates though I'm not sure which one. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Ztruker Win User

PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off

Lenovo IdeaCenter K450, 4-5 years old. Specs in My Computers.

This problem started recently, after one of the updates though I'm not sure which one. I currently have:

PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off [​IMG]

after uninstalling KB4345421 and KB4338832 as I was trying to see if one of those had caused my booting problem.

When I do a restart, the system shuts down correctly then starts to reboot. I get the Lenovo logo and nothing else. It will sit there as long as I let it. If I power it off, wait a few seconds then power on it will boot up correctly most of the time. Maybe 1 in 4 or 5 will hit the same hang condition.

Could this be a problem with my Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB drive? Here is the Disk Management window:

Attachment 196638

I reset UEFI by jumpering BIOS reset then powering on, then powering off, moving jumper back then powering on again. Didn't make any real difference. Default enabled CSM which I disabled. I'll take pictures of the BIOS screens and add to this post in a few minutes.

Any other information I can provide?

Since the problem seems to occurs prior to actually booting Windows I don't think a clean install of Windows 10 (1709 or 1803) would make any difference but I'm willing to give it a shot as I have good Macrium backups.

I'll post this now then go get the BIOS pics and add them in a bit.

Here are the BIOS windows:

:)

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2018

2. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Jul 21, 2018
  3. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Jul 21, 2018
  4. jds63 Win User

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

Hope for sure it is the Power Supply without testing it and the checking the Graphics Card.

jds63, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off - Similar Threads - boot restart works

2. PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power: Hi,I am seeking some help... My PC is turning off randomly no shutdown or errors, just "off" then restarts.Getting some kernal power errors, which i have gone through and tried all the fixes for that... which includes page file, sleep, changing new RAM, testing CPU, RAM and...
  3. PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power: Hi,I am seeking some help... My PC is turning off randomly no shutdown or errors, just "off" then restarts.Getting some kernal power errors, which i have gone through and tried all the fixes for that... which includes page file, sleep, changing new RAM, testing CPU, RAM and...
  4. Windows 10 Pro boot/power off/restart really slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro boot/power off/restart really slow: Hello everyone, it has been months my laptop started to be really.... really slow, every time I sign off, restart or switch on. It takes like twenty minutes to switch off, and even more to restart. When I switch it on, booting takes about twenty minutes (rough, I didn't time...
  5. PC doesn't restart/power off correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC doesn't restart/power off correctly.: I've been having issues with my PC. I tired to power it off but I only received a blue screen saying that my process to power if off has faild. Tried restarting and that gave the same result. I tried different methods and nothing works. I even tried to reset and that didn't...
  6. Pc getting restart and simulataneously power getting on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc getting restart and simulataneously power getting on and off: My pc getting restarted while using it,the blue screen appears while using & get restarted.After that it will not start.While pressing power on button it will start and get off...after sometime the system will work as normal ..This error occured after installing new gpu...
  7. Pc getting restart and simulataneously power getting on and off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc getting restart and simulataneously power getting on and off: My pc getting restarted while using it,the blue screen appears while using & get restarted.After that it will not start.While pressing power on button it will start and get off...after sometime the system will work as normal ..This error occured after installing new gpu...
  8. Increased restart and power on time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increased restart and power on time: I have a new laptop there restart and power on time has been increased earlier is it used to take 17 seconds for start and 7 seconds to power on but now it is taking 1 minute 5 seconds to restart and 17 seconds to power on...
  9. PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will not boot on restart, works most of the time from power off: Lenovo IdeaCenter K450, 4-5 years old. Specs in My Computers. This problem started recently, after one of the updates though I'm not sure which one. I currently have: [img] after uninstalling KB4345421 and KB4338832 as I was trying to see if one of those had caused my...
  10. Computer powers off on cold boot. Works second time and with restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer powers off on cold boot. Works second time and with restarts.: Greetings! Ive been having this problem for about 2 weeks now and its finally starting to annoy me. On first boot my computer just shuts down when it gets to to the windows 10 loading screen, right before the loading circle pops up. it doesn't power itself up again but...