Windows 10: PC Wired network only giving 30% of normal download speed.

Discus and support PC Wired network only giving 30% of normal download speed. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I boot into windows I have no connection, If I don't log in and wait to get a connection my connection speed is fine. But if I log straight in I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacobHemens, Jul 26, 2018.

1. PC Wired network only giving 30% of normal download speed.

When I boot into windows I have no connection, If I don't log in and wait to get a connection my connection speed is fine. But if I log straight in I get around 30% of my normal download speed but my upload speed stays the same. I tried plugging in a laptop to see if it was the connection but that connected fine. I think that there is a driver error but have had no luck with installing newer drivers. This whole thing is really confusing me, please help.

CPU: i7 7700k

RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz

MOBO: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon

GPU: GTX 1050ti

Anymore information can be supplied if needed PC Wired network only giving 30% of normal download speed. :)

Thanks jacob

:)

JacobHemens, Jul 26, 2018

2. Network Wired and wifi speed

Hi

To troubleshoot your internet connection issue, we suggest you follow these steps:

Method 1: Update the latest driver for your Targus USB 3.0 SV2K and wireless card driver.

Method 2: Run the Network troubleshooter.

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting.
    • Choose Network and Internet.
    • Select Internet Connection and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3: Run these networking commands in a command prompt window:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type following commands:

•Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.

•Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.

•Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.

•Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

•Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    Method 4: Temporarily disable the Firewall, antivirus or malware-prevention software on your Windows 10 and try to run a speed test and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Network Speed

I use a program "Network Speed Test" from the Windows Store to measure my network speed.
    EVERY time I use the program for the first time I get an answer for the download speed of about 30 Mbps.
    the following times I launch the program I ALWAYS get an answer of about 200 Mbps
    Which is far more realistic than the 30 Mbps since I use broadband en wired connection.
    other programs (provided by my Internet provider ) give also results in the order of 200Mbps.
    Is there an explanation for this behavior?
    thanks in advance, gabriël

aliskander, Jul 26, 2018
  4. wells_mc Win User

PC Wired network only giving 30% of normal download speed.

Network Wired and wifi speed

Thanks for this. I have completed all these steps. Unfortunately, none of these steps has had any impact on the download or upload speed. But I really appreciate you taking time to try to help.

wells_mc, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

PC Wired network only giving 30% of normal download speed.

1. PC Wired network only giving 30% of normal download speed. - Similar Threads - Wired network giving

2. very slow wired speeds on pc, wifi is 300+mbps and wired is 84mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slow wired speeds on pc, wifi is 300+mbps and wired is 84mbps: I am using a hardwire connection and my speed wired is 84mbps 48ms ping. Wi-Fi is 220mbps, Xbox Series X is 989mbps wired 68ms ping, why is my pc so slow? I have Xfinity service 1Gbps, tech was just hear and signal strength is great. If i hard wire to a Xfinity Pod i get...
  3. very slow wired speeds on pc, wifi is 300+mbps and wired is 84mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slow wired speeds on pc, wifi is 300+mbps and wired is 84mbps: I am using a hardwire connection and my speed wired is 84mbps 48ms ping. Wi-Fi is 220mbps, Xbox Series X is 989mbps wired 68ms ping, why is my pc so slow? I have Xfinity service 1Gbps, tech was just hear and signal strength is great. If i hard wire to a Xfinity Pod i get...
  4. Download speeds abysmal, despite wifi network speed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds abysmal, despite wifi network speed...: I'm a little at a loss here. Getting speeds ~40mbps or lower, despite my wifi sitting at 721 mbps in the network connections information on my wifi connection. Tried killing tasks and services that seemed like they might be the problem, but to no avail. Can anyone help me?...
  5. Download speeds abysmal, despite wifi network speed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speeds abysmal, despite wifi network speed...: I'm a little at a loss here. Getting speeds ~40mbps or lower, despite my wifi sitting at 721 mbps in the network connections information on my wifi connection. Tried killing tasks and services that seemed like they might be the problem, but to no avail. Can anyone help me?...
  6. Download speeds abysmal, despite wifi network speed...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Download Speed Slow On One PC While Others Normal

Download Speed Slow On One PC While Others Normal: Greetings, (Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)) Well, as the title suggests, I have an issue with one particular PC (2018 build). The machine is running Windows 10 Home, is fully up all up to date (incl drivers etc.) and I have performed a number of "resets" and reinstalled...
  8. Wired Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wired Network: Centurylink4343 is connected to my IP Address When I log in so do they I see the link go up the side of my house To a house address that dose not exist ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/wired-network/555bb853-f7fb-4a7b-9565-1a1ae230beb2
  9. Download speed 4 times as bad as normal?

Download speed 4 times as bad as normal?: Hello, since a few days/weeks i have the problem that instead of downloading with 5mb/s i only download with a maximum speed of 1.2mb/s. On other devices like the Xbox everything runs exactly as it used to, so I guess it's because of my PC. Information about my...
  10. Wired Network

Wired Network: Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips? 38180