Windows 10: PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.

Discus and support PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just installed a new Ryzen 7 1700x into my Dell Inspiron 5675, upgrading from my Ryzen 3 1200.At first, a message came asking whether or not i wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LloydAdjei-Attah, Feb 24, 2024.

1. PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.

I just installed a new Ryzen 7 1700x into my Dell Inspiron 5675, upgrading from my Ryzen 3 1200.At first, a message came asking whether or not i wanted to reset my fTPM keys. After clicking ‘Yes’, I had never used bitlocker in my life my PC would not load into Windows 11, and now gives an infinite loop showing ‘Preparing automatic repair’.I struggled, but after hours, I managed to somehow reinstall Windows even though it had broken previous times when restarting due to the boot loop. I was able to run it but after enabling TPM in the BIOS the boot loop returns, and the problem persists.When

:)

LloydAdjei-Attah, Feb 24, 2024

2. PC Windows 11 Upgrade - Secure Boot and TPM 2.0

Thank you for the reply and info @dashdotdot PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM. :)

I have a few follow up questions if that's ok!

I have gone into BIOS settings before to enable TPM 2.0 and enable secure boot but as you said the PC did not boot up and I had to short one of the components of the PC to reset to default settings before,

What would the step by step process be to update to windows 11?

I was told before to enable TPM in BIOS then use a USB with Windows 11 on it to install it. Is there a simpler way?

Sophie Xena, Feb 24, 2024
  3. 3c7690d8-f17d-475a-a498-df6b089e9fe2, Feb 24, 2024
  4. PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.

TPM Attestation Not Supported after Upgrading CPU

Hi,

after Upgrading my CPU from Ryzen 5 2600 to Ryzen 7 5700x Windows Security Chip App reports "Attestation: Not Supported" but "Memory: Ready".

In die TPM Console it shows that the TPM Module is Ready for use.

The Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TPM\WMI\Endorsement\EKCertStore\Certificates is empty with the R 7 5700x but has an entry when I use my old CPU.

I already tried to reset TPM, CMOS and Secureboot in Bios and in Windows TPM Console.

I disabled/enabled fTPM and Secure Boot several times.

Windows 10 and Windows 11 report the same. I already did a complete reinstall.

fTPM, Securechip, UEFI and Secureboot are enabled in BIOS.

Latest BIOS Updates and Windows Updates are installed.

The Windows Device Manager shows no errors. The AMD PSP 11.0 and TPM 2.0 is installed correctly.

When I switch back to my old Ryzen 5 2600 everything works.

I also cannot find my CPU on the Microsoft Windows 11 AMD CPU Support List.....

My Setup:

Mainboard: ASUS TUF X470-PLUS GAMING

BIOS: Version 6042 from 2022/05/12

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x

Windows 10 x64 22H2 (also tried with Win11 fresh installed/updated)

Jens Dittberner, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.

1. PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM. - Similar Threads - Won’t boot installing

2. PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD

in Windows 10 News
    PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD: [IMG]SSDs are solid-state Drives known for their high data transfer speeds. Therefore, installing Windows OS on an SSD results in better computer performance. What if your Windows PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing a new SSD? This article will show us what you can do...
  3. PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.: I just installed a new Ryzen 7 1700x into my Dell Inspiron 5675, upgrading from my Ryzen 3 1200.At first, a message came asking whether or not i wanted to reset my fTPM keys. After clicking ‘Yes’, I had never used bitlocker in my life my PC would not load into Windows 11, and...
  4. PC won’t boot after new gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won’t boot after new gpu: After making the switch, the pc booted normally but very slow response and no applications would load, the computer would freeze and have to restart. Eventually, it wouldn’t boot up at all and messing with UEFI and legacy settings enabled me to be in startup lookup with...
  5. PC won’t boot after new gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won’t boot after new gpu: After making the switch, the pc booted normally but very slow response and no applications would load, the computer would freeze and have to restart. Eventually, it wouldn’t boot up at all and messing with UEFI and legacy settings enabled me to be in startup lookup with...
  6. PC won’t boot after new gpu

7. PC Crashing After New CPU Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing After New CPU Installation: Not too long ago, I upgraded to a Ryzen 5 5600X and started using it for my pc. Now for some reason, I get random crashes and so I decided to invest in another motherboard to fix the issue. Later on, my pc still crashes and I don't know why. I turned off XMP for my ram and it...
  8. PC Crashing After New CPU Installation

PC Crashing After New CPU Installation: Not too long ago, I upgraded to a Ryzen 5 5600X and started using it for my pc. Now for some reason, I get random crashes and so I decided to invest in another motherboard to fix the issue. Later on, my pc still crashes and I don't know why. I turned off XMP for my ram and it...
  9. Windows computer won’t boot after enabling Secure Boot

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer won’t boot after enabling Secure Boot: [ATTACH]Microsoft has made Windows 11 available for all users. Windows 10 users can upgrade their computers to Windows 11 for free, provided their computers meet the hardware requirements. One of these hardware requirements is that your system’s firmware should be capable of...
  10. Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation: I’m going to try to be as detailed as possible here. I know I made some mistakes along the way so I would like to both fix those issues as well as use the upgraded storage. Here I go. I recently got a new SSD, that’s not the important part, I put that into my laptop and all...