Windows 10: PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted

Discus and support PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Out of nowhere my pc stopped booting to windows, so im in advanced setup and i cannot reset my pc or system restore as it wont accept my password I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xboxhaxorz, Jan 23, 2018.

1. PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted

Out of nowhere my pc stopped booting to windows, so im in advanced setup and i cannot reset my pc or system restore as it wont accept my password

I went on another pc and reset my windows live email password, i tried that and went back to the pc and it still wont work

The pc had auto logic and i tried my usual pass phrases but nothing is working

How can i reset the pc and keep my files and settings

:)

xboxhaxorz, Jan 23, 2018

2. Password not accepted on start-up but accepted with account change.

Hello James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the password is not accepted at the first time of login and accepts after switching back the account login. We will help you.

• Did you try logging into Microsoft account site and check if it logs in at first attempt?
    Let's try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Safe mode loads the minimal set of drivers and application which helps you check if the issue persists.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode

Method 2: I suggest you to run a Microsoft account troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Microsoft account troubleshooter

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 23, 2018
  3. Password not accepted on start-up but accepted with account change.

Upon starting my tower I use my password and it is not accepted (note mine is an administrator account).

There is a message to reset password using "ACCOUNT.LOVE.COM/PASSWORD/RESET" but I have been unsuccessful with that.

To get on my PC I select my wife's account (which does not have a password) getting on the system successfully.

With my wife's account active I then switch to my own account using the same password previously rejected and successfully log on.

How do I fix this?

JamesHamann, Jan 23, 2018
  4. PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted

The silly thing is startup repair still requires a password, it makes no sense

xboxhaxorz, Jan 23, 2018
  5. titetanium, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted

1. PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted - Similar Threads - wont boot need

2. My windows 10 PC wont accept my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 PC wont accept my password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my windows account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-wont-accept-my-password/b269ec90-9011-44a9-b1e7-b77bbccdf04d
  3. My windows 10 PC wont accept my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 PC wont accept my password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my windows account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-wont-accept-my-password/b269ec90-9011-44a9-b1e7-b77bbccdf04d
  4. My windows 10 PC wont accept my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatic recovery loop. Wont accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic recovery loop. Wont accept password: My laptop has somehow went into an automatic recovery loop after ive installed the latest windows update.Now when i try to sign in to access window prompt, it keeps saying my password is incorrect even though ive changed my password...
  6. wont boot up after update win 10 what password is needed to restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wont boot up after update win 10 what password is needed to restore: put win 10 update innow desktop is in a loopto do a reset a system restore or to remove the update it says password neededi checked password but it keeps saying incorrect so i cant remedy it without it i reset microsoft password it didnt work just said password added to...
  7. wont boot up after update win 10 what password is needed to restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wont boot up after update win 10 what password is needed to restore: put win 10 update innow desktop is in a loopto do a reset a system restore or to remove the update it says password neededi checked password but it keeps saying incorrect so i cant remedy it without it i reset microsoft password it didnt work just said password added to...
  8. wont boot up after update win 10 what password is needed to restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. wont accept password

in Windows 10 Customization
    wont accept password: wont accept password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-password/af3d63d1-a6be-4f43-9a83-13efa7620b8e
  10. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Will Not Accept Password: This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use successfully to...