Windows 10: PC won't even POST after failed 1151 upgrade

Discus and support PC won't even POST after failed 1151 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Never mind. I'm an idiot... CMOS clear. 32167 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GracieAllen, Nov 30, 2015.

1. PC won't even POST after failed 1151 upgrade

Never mind. I'm an idiot... CMOS clear.

:)

GracieAllen, Nov 30, 2015

2. Freezing after upgrade to windows 10

Hi I have been trying for more than a day to install the new update 10586 version 1151 as suggested above and it won't install. Keeps saying failed retry. ????

MarynaWheller, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Exact help for DISM source needed, no experience, help

Well, it is clear that there is not an exact source to be used in a DISM statement for 10586. MS went around the issue of helping me with a source by providing an 1151 iso to reinstall Windows. The new 1151 update fixed the calculator and other problems
    and an SFC /scannow came back clean. However, the 1151 release appears to be unstable because when I shut down, it crashed without an error and would not reboot. I tried SU repair disk options and all failed. So I again installed 1151. Weird thing was
    that instead of over-riding the previous 1151 installation, the install put another 1151 instance. Now when I bootup there are 2 1151 options. The first was the failed and the second is running OK. Keeping my fingers crossed, maybe MS tech support can get
    rid of the old windows 10 1151 boot option...so goes the windows song...I'm closing this question as answered even though no one answered the question and it appears no one will. The new install solved my calculator issue.

MarkRowland1954, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

PC won't even POST after failed 1151 upgrade

1. PC won't even POST after failed 1151 upgrade - Similar Threads - won't POST failed

2. PC Won't upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't upgrade.: So I have a Dell Studio 1535 from 2008 With Intel Core 2 Duo 4 gigs of ram running Windows 7. When I found it, it was running Windows 8 but the repair shop downgraded it to 7 even if it was smoothly running 8. Anyways, now I was trying to update it back to W8. When It...
  3. PC Won't upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won't upgrade.: So I have a Dell Studio 1535 from 2008 With Intel Core 2 Duo 4 gigs of ram running Windows 7. When I found it, it was running Windows 8 but the repair shop downgraded it to 7 even if it was smoothly running 8. Anyways, now I was trying to update it back to W8. When It...
  4. My pc won't post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't post: My pc won't turn on but my cpu and gpu fans are spinning with no signal on monitor Things i tried1- reset cmos battery 2- cleaning and reseat ram3- cleaning and reseat gpuhttps://youtube.com/shorts/FDJLd8P0rJw?feature=share...
  5. My pc won't post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't post: My pc won't turn on but my cpu and gpu fans are spinning with no signal on monitor Things i tried1- reset cmos battery 2- cleaning and reseat ram3- cleaning and reseat gpuhttps://youtube.com/shorts/FDJLd8P0rJw?feature=share...
  6. My pc won't post

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen, Now PC won't post.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen, Now PC won't post.: B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 3600x GTX 1660 Super Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3200mhz Getting red CPU LED on motherboard. Have reseated RAM and CPU. Have also Removed CMOS battery Was having problems before with my PC BSOD, won't post I got new RAM and installed a...
  8. Can't open start menu after updating to 1151

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu after updating to 1151: So I got the 1151 update today. After the update, I could not open the Start menu. Code: SFC /scannow[/quote] says that there are corrupt files that it can not fix. I found out that I should run Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10 1151/10586/threshold 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 1151/10586/threshold 2: Hi everybody , so I got this upgrade via windows update but it's taking too long , it's stuck at 33 percent , so my question is can I download it using Windows media creation tool & do a clean install through usb? I read that Microsoft pulled out it's new update via media...
  10. Won't book, won't post

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't book, won't post: Hi. I have problems I came to my pc today, and it wouldn't boot. After numerous attempts, and failure to enter the BIOS, I was shown the refresh/repair /reset page. I tried refresh, that did not resolve the issue. After a few more attempts to boot, I got that choice...