Windows 10: PC wont sleep

Discus and support PC wont sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My pc wont go into sleep mode and says realtec driver is in use and an audio stream is in use 86379 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rogervansteeden, Jun 8, 2017.

1. PC wont sleep

My pc wont go into sleep mode and says realtec driver is in use and an audio stream is in use

:)

rogervansteeden, Jun 8, 2017
  2. SAM-1 Win User
    SAM-1, Jun 8, 2017
  3. PC does not go to Sleep Mode in Windows 10

After posting my question did some search and found the solution in the following link:

http://www.technipages.com/windows-10-pc-wont-go-to-sleep-mode.
    The link has a tutorial on how to set the Sleep Mode function in Power Options and it works on my PC. I selected 'Allow the Computer to Sleep' in the multimedia settings of the Power Options
    and rebooted the computer. The PC goes to sleep after the time selected in the Power Options. This may work on other PCs as well.

Shiva Shivakumar, Jun 8, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

PC wont sleep

Right click the Taskbar, start the Task Manager. click the More Options link and go thru the list and find audio stream whatever program that is, and End the Task, same for the Realtek Audio driver before shutting down.

spunk, Jun 8, 2017
  5. when I right click on task manager there is no more options tab there is processes and I ended task in realtek audio manager but still wont sleep

rogervansteeden, Jun 8, 2017
  6. I still cant get my pc to go to sleep automatically after following all the advice from the replies I have received

rogervansteeden, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC wont sleep

1. PC wont sleep - Similar Threads - wont sleep

2. Acer laptop wont wake up from sleep after extended period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer laptop wont wake up from sleep after extended period of time: Hey, I have a A515-45-r4rp laptop. Recently I've noticed that when I close the lid for a few hours the laptop goes to sleep no problem, and wakes right up after I lift the lid back up. However I've got a problem where I'll close the lid and leave the laptop to sleep overnight...
  3. Acer laptop wont wake up from sleep after extended period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer laptop wont wake up from sleep after extended period of time: Hey, I have a A515-45-r4rp laptop. Recently I've noticed that when I close the lid for a few hours the laptop goes to sleep no problem, and wakes right up after I lift the lid back up. However I've got a problem where I'll close the lid and leave the laptop to sleep overnight...
  4. My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.: I don't know what's happening, I've checked the setting->power and battery->screen and sleep. I changed it all and its set to like 5 min screen of and 15 sleep, but it won't actually do either. I want it to be able to sleep and turn the screen off automatically cause I will...
  5. My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.

My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.: I don't know what's happening, I've checked the setting->power and battery->screen and sleep. I changed it all and its set to like 5 min screen of and 15 sleep, but it won't actually do either. I want it to be able to sleep and turn the screen off automatically cause I will...
  6. laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...: so this has happens multiple times and on one occasion happens 3 times in a span of one day. problem: after the laptop boots up from sleep, a couple seconds later it'll just shuts down no warning, the laptop just powers off instantly and if i turn it back on, it'll powers up...
  7. laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...: so this has happens multiple times and on one occasion happens 3 times in a span of one day. problem: after the laptop boots up from sleep, a couple seconds later it'll just shuts down no warning, the laptop just powers off instantly and if i turn it back on, it'll powers up...
  8. laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...

9. Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep: I want to apologize if this comes off as a jumbled mess. It's an odd issue that I am very confused about. Any advice is greatly appreciated.When I go to shutdown PC inside of Windows 11, the computer shuts down like normal and then stays off around 3 seconds and powers itself...
  10. Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep

Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep: I want to apologize if this comes off as a jumbled mess. It's an odd issue that I am very confused about. Any advice is greatly appreciated.When I go to shutdown PC inside of Windows 11, the computer shuts down like normal and then stays off around 3 seconds and powers itself...