Windows 10: PC Won't Start

Discus and support PC Won't Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello... I've got a new Dell XPS8900 and often the PC won't start unless power cord is unplugged and replugged. Any thoughts on the possible cause... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LarryB, Oct 22, 2016.

1. LarryB Win User

PC Won't Start

Hello... I've got a new Dell XPS8900 and often the PC won't start unless power cord is unplugged and replugged.

Any thoughts on the possible cause and fix for this problem?

Thank you for your assistance.

:)

LarryB, Oct 22, 2016

2. Pc won't start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Try to perform Automatic Repair in Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Automatic Repair scans your computer for the problem and then tries to fix it so your computer
    can start correctly. Download a Windows 10 ISO file in a DVD or USB using media creation tool.

You may download an ISO from the below link:

Download Windows 10

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or USB, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

e) Click advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

f) Select Automatic repair.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 22, 2016
  3. PC won't start

Is it stuck on attempting to get old updates back?

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Reset this PC

Click Keep my files

Choose your account

Enter your password

Click Continue

Click Reset

Andre Da Costa, Oct 22, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

PC Won't Start

If brand new as straight from the factory, tell Dell to send you a RMA for you to send it back and get it replaced.

bro67, Oct 22, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    That sounds like a dodgy PSU. There are ways of testing it if you need advice but I would get Dell to sort it out. Check if you have on site support as I did when I bought a new Dell laptop.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC Won't Start

1. PC Won't Start - Similar Threads - Won't Start

2. Windows Security UI Won't Open, is empty in settings, and Windows Security Service won't start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security UI Won't Open, is empty in settings, and Windows Security Service won't start.: Hello, I have been having recent issues with Windows Security since upgrading to Windows 11. Any assistance that can be provided to get Windows Security working would be greatly appreciated.Running Win11 Pro 23H2 Build 22631.3235When opening the Windows Security app, it hangs...
  3. Windows Security UI Won't Open, is empty in settings, and Windows Security Service won't start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security UI Won't Open, is empty in settings, and Windows Security Service won't start.: Hello, I have been having recent issues with Windows Security since upgrading to Windows 11. Any assistance that can be provided to get Windows Security working would be greatly appreciated.Running Win11 Pro 23H2 Build 22631.3235When opening the Windows Security app, it hangs...
  4. Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058: In the security center properties local computer window, just about everything from every tab is greyed out. Does anyone have any ways to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  5. Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058

Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058: In the security center properties local computer window, just about everything from every tab is greyed out. Does anyone have any ways to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  6. Minecraft won't start on my pc and I keep getting the error code 1, plz help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft won't start on my pc and I keep getting the error code 1, plz help me: Here is all the code # # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005 at pc=0x00007ff93a1c1c42, pid=5356, tid=12832 # # JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Microsoft-8035246 17.0.8+7 build 17.0.8+7-LTS # Java...
  7. Minecraft won't start on my pc and I keep getting the error code 1, plz help me

Minecraft won't start on my pc and I keep getting the error code 1, plz help me: Here is all the code # # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005 at pc=0x00007ff93a1c1c42, pid=5356, tid=12832 # # JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Microsoft-8035246 17.0.8+7 build 17.0.8+7-LTS # Java...
  8. Power cut during PC update, now won't start up or restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power cut during PC update, now won't start up or restore: PC: Asus Zn220-240iC.My PC started an update yesterday after I finished work, then the power cut so it obviously didn't finish.Went to boot up today and it went into Automatic Repair Mode which then said it couldn't do anything and to shut down.Restarted it and tried...
  9. Power cut during PC update, now won't start up or restore

Power cut during PC update, now won't start up or restore: PC: Asus Zn220-240iC.My PC started an update yesterday after I finished work, then the power cut so it obviously didn't finish.Went to boot up today and it went into Automatic Repair Mode which then said it couldn't do anything and to shut down.Restarted it and tried...
  10. PC won't start up, bsod and NTFS.sys problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't start up, bsod and NTFS.sys problem: Bsod and NTFS.sys problem. My PC won't get past this point no matter what I do. I have tried Windows recovery, just about starts then crashes. I even tried a fresh install and whilst it gets to showing four blue squares it then thinks for a while and then crashes to bsod and...