Windows 10: PC won't wake from S3 Sleep after Win 10 upgrade

Discus and support PC won't wake from S3 Sleep after Win 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This was working fine on Win 8.1, but since my upgrade my PC now won't wake up from any keyboard, mouse or PC power button press once in S3 sleep or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by juzdu, Aug 3, 2015.

1. juzdu Win User

PC won't wake from S3 Sleep after Win 10 upgrade

This was working fine on Win 8.1, but since my upgrade my PC now won't wake up from any keyboard, mouse or PC power button press once in S3 sleep or hibernation.

The only way to wake the PC is to reach back to the PSU and turn the power off, wait 5 seconds, then turn the power back on. I can then press the power button on the front of the PC and Windows then resumes from sleep.

powercfg /A returns this:

The following sleep states are available on this system:
    Standby (S3)
    Hibernate
    Hybrid Sleep
    Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
    Standby (S1)
    The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

I have the latest firmware on my relatively new Gigabyte 970A-D3P. Any ideas?

:)

juzdu, Aug 3, 2015

2. HP Pavilion 1907 w monitor won't wake after sleep.

Windows 10 HP Pavilion 1907 W monitor won't wake after sleep. Have to pull power cord to get it back. Power button on monitor does nothing. Sleep key puts PC to sleep but when it comes back the monitor doesn't. Worked fine before converting to Win 10.

Was on Win 8.

LEROY DPEER, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Waking From Sleep Crashes After Updating to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Hi Andre,

I tried all of your advice, and none of it fixed the problem. However, your advice got me thinking that I should check my BIOS settings. There is a setting in my BIOS named "ACPI Suspend Type". It was set
    to S3. When I changed the setting to S1, the "crashing on waking from sleep" problem was
    eliminated. My PC now goes to sleep (albeit S1 sleep rather than S3 sleep) - and it wakes from sleep - without any problem.

Thanks for your help.

This thread can be closed.

BillMcMillan, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Vaviloff Win User

Were you able to solve this issue?

Vaviloff, Nov 17, 2015
  5. The problem is the new windows update .
    Sleep works but hybrid sleep dont work.
    Please disable hybrid sleep and tell me if sleep works .

boombastik, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Vaviloff Win User
    Yes, thanks, it helped for the moment, but I don't consider this a final solution. For me hybrid sleep is very convenient. Probably better to go back to 7.

Vaviloff, Nov 18, 2015
  7. do u have nvidia video card? when u hybrid sleep the pc, when u try to wake up, u take a black screen and the fan of the video cards go at full rpm?
    i clean install windows 10 and same probem,
    lets wait for new video card drivers or a fix for microsoft.

boombastik, Nov 18, 2015
  8. Vaviloff Win User

Yes, Nvidia video card, no - when I press power to wake it up, it will just stay dead. I have to turn off power cable for a few seconds, return it, THEN computer will respond to power btn. Never happened on Windows 7.

Vaviloff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC won't wake from S3 Sleep after Win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - won't wake Sleep

2. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep: Since changing my sleep mode from S0 modern standby to S3 classic sleep a month or two ago, my machine has blue screened 3 times, every time when waking up from sleep mode, with the unexpected store exception message. It happened on 23 December, 8 January and again today. I...
  3. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep: Since changing my sleep mode from S0 modern standby to S3 classic sleep a month or two ago, my machine has blue screened 3 times, every time when waking up from sleep mode, with the unexpected store exception message. It happened on 23 December, 8 January and again today. I...
  4. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again. When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to...
  6. Windows 10 won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't wake from sleep: After computer falls asleep, won't wake up. Ignores mouse and keyboard. To re-enter I must press the power button to trigger a reboot, which loses any work which might have been in progress when we fell asleep....
  7. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  8. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834
  9. Win 10 won't Wake-up from Sleep (slumber) State

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 won't Wake-up from Sleep (slumber) State: My computer goes to sleep quite alright, but refuses to wake up and resume. Computer needs to be choked off to start again. Any tips Champs? 65663
  10. Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade: Hi there folks, Just upgraded my XPS 15 9530 with a new 850 EVO 1TB mSATA, was previously using a PM830 64GB mSATA drive. The laptop now no longer wakes from hibernation or sleep mode, whether hybrid sleep is enabled or disabled. I do know that the new SSD uses DevSlp,...