Windows 10: PC Won't Wake From Sleep After New Video Card Installation

Discus and support PC Won't Wake From Sleep After New Video Card Installation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Three days ago I replaced my amd 7870 for a gtx 1060, using display driver uninstaller to uninstall the amd drivers, then installing latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by framack4, Nov 7, 2016.

1. framack4 Win User

PC Won't Wake From Sleep After New Video Card Installation

Hi,

Three days ago I replaced my amd 7870 for a gtx 1060, using display driver uninstaller to uninstall the amd drivers, then installing latest nvidia drivers/ geforce experience. For some reason, when I move my mouse or type on the keyboard to wake up the computer, the lights turn on the computer as if it's woken up but there's no display on my monitor, and I have to force shut down the PC by holding the power button down, then start it up again. Not sure what to do.

Thanks
    Fraser

:)

framack4, Nov 7, 2016

2. Sleep not functioning

Ever since the new windows update my computer monito gets no signal after i wake up the pc after sleep. I do not have a graphics card so the PCI is not faulty. When i wake the system up after sleep it revs up but no monitor output. I have to reset the pc
    to obtain an output

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

JohannErasmus007, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Notebook won't wake from sleep

I have an ASUS 56C notebook and it won't wake after sleep mode.

The lights remain on but not the screen.

I have tried to extend the time before it sleeps but haven't resolved the problem.

Could it be the video drivers?

Thanks.

StephenfromChch, Nov 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Did you try running sfc /scannow from a Command Prompt? Have you also tried making sure that the old adapter is no longer in Device Manager. Have you made sure that the bios shows that the external video card is set for PCIe if that is what you used.

Do you even get a screen to log in after you boot up?

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  5. framack4 Win User
    I changed something (can't remember what) but it seems to be fixed. I'll post here if it does it again

Thanks for help

framack4, Nov 9, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Check your updates. I know that one that is causing all of the RDP issues, NVIDIA GPU problems, etc. was pushed out last month and has just made a mess of Windows 10.

Make sure that if you install AMD"s Crimson, that you do not get hit with their crapware game stuff if you installed it.

bro67, Nov 9, 2016
  7. framack4 Win User
    I removed all the AMD stuff before I installed this video card, but when I downloaded the Nvidia drivers I did the standard installation and it came with:

Vulkan Run Time Libraries
    Nvidia Physx System Software
    Nvidia HD Audio Driver
    Nvidia Graphics Driver
    Nvidia Geforce Experience
    Nvidia 3D Vision Driver
    Nvidia 3D Vision Controller Driver

Obviously apart from the Graphics Driver, I'm not sure which of those, if any, are bloatware

framack4, Nov 9, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Not planning on 3D, you can delete. The others you may want to check NVIDIa's support forums to see if anyone on there has had issues or not.

I would leave them and like at first, you can probably remove the 3D without issues.

bro67, Nov 9, 2016
  9. framack4 Win User
    All right, removed 3d stuff. Thanks for help, I'll mark as solved in a couple days if it's still working fine

framack4, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Won't Wake From Sleep After New Video Card Installation - Similar Threads - Won't Wake Sleep

2. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep: Hi. I Have a Lenovo Legion laptop thats in ok condition, despite a missing keycap that still has functionality. I disabled my keyboard drivers because of some external factors, but reinstalled them latest ver and they've been working fine.However, an issue that i never had...
  3. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep: Hi. I Have a Lenovo Legion laptop thats in ok condition, despite a missing keycap that still has functionality. I disabled my keyboard drivers because of some external factors, but reinstalled them latest ver and they've been working fine.However, an issue that i never had...
  4. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: After my PC goes to sleep it won't wake up no matter which button I press when I'm trying to resume my work. The only option is to restart the PC by pressing the Power button. Please, pay attention to this issue as it is going on for months and many other users have...
  5. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again. When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to...
  6. After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect: After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever it is called it...
  7. PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent: Hello Problem do come and go. Now more frequent. PC won't wake up from the sleep mode. - I did check all the mouse and keyboard setup to allow to wake up - I did setup the BIOS to enable it. - I did repair some Windows file using SFC /scannow Since yesterday, I'M not even...
  8. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  9. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...
  10. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia card wont wake after sleep

2. new video card wont post no keyboard old video card did no intergraded graphics 2019

3. installed video card wont wake from sleep