Windows 10: PC would freeze up if untouched

Discus and support PC would freeze up if untouched in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know how long it takes for it to do this. But the system is set to never sleep/hibernate whatsoever. I can be on the computer all day and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dannieboiz, Jul 30, 2016.

1. PC would freeze up if untouched

I don't know how long it takes for it to do this. But the system is set to never sleep/hibernate whatsoever. I can be on the computer all day and it would be fine. But if I don't use it for awhile, it would go offline, can't wake it up, can't ping it or anything. Only thing to do is hard reboot it. I reinstalled a fresh image on there and still same thing.

It's an HP 750, only thing that changed was I upgraded the i5 6400 to an i7-6700

:)

dannieboiz, Jul 30, 2016
  2. DedeHayes Win User

Reset Windows 10

My PC has Windows 10 insider. It now will not restart. Recommends to reset, saying that my file be untouched. Will this leave mg email Thunderbird also untouched? Thanks

DedeHayes, Jul 30, 2016
  3. okiwaii Win User
    Asus M11BB freezes randomly

Hey Guys and Gals.. I'm having an issue with my pc. Updates were installed including the anniversary update which I believe could be the root of my computer freezing up. In addition, I am unable to download and install itunes to my pc. Is there anyone
    out there that may have a fix or a suggestion. The pc does not allow to boot in safe mode. Before, the pc would randomly freeze up after on the pc for 5 minutes or more. Now, it will freeze at start up or when booting the computer on. Any suggestions would
    be most appreciated. Thanks.

okiwaii, Jul 30, 2016
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

PC would freeze up if untouched

Hello and welcome Dannie mate I have this issue with my main laptop and what does it for me is to just tap any key and the thing bursts into life. See if that is any good because all that cold starting is likely yo cause problems.
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Drive Error Checking in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

NBSFC best run for about three runs

Just as a matter of curiosity run these if you haven't already
    SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
    Malwarebytes for Windows
    Download AdwCleaner
    ADWdownload from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with themalware scans
    (NBIf one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - justignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

ICIT2LOL, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

PC would freeze up if untouched

1. PC would freeze up if untouched - Similar Threads - freeze untouched

2. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  3. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  4. Big system freeze everytime, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  5. Big system freeze everytime, help

Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  6. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  7. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  8. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  10. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Freezing When Untouched

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3 Screen Freezing When Untouched: My laptop is brand new about 2 days after having it, it would, and still, freezes when it is untouched for anywhere between 15 and 180 seconds. The PC will lock up and not respond to anything. It will just show the screen that it had frozen on and not do anything else until I...