Windows 10: pc would not wake up

Discus and support pc would not wake up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have posted that my pc was working fine with windows 10TP. today i left the machine (working doing its updates etc (left turned on)). when after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by toppergraph, Dec 4, 2014.

1. pc would not wake up

I have posted that my pc was working fine with windows 10TP.
    today i left the machine (working doing its updates etc (left turned on)).
    when after a few hours i went to use the pc it would not wake up i had to unplug at the mains to get it going again..

Now realy confused.

Help !!
    Topper.

:)

toppergraph, Dec 4, 2014
  2. Diamond66 Win User

Sleep problem after 10 install

My PC (zoostorm i7) had a wake-up problem prior to 10 install. It would never wake up via the keyboard.

After windows 10 install the computer will go to sleep on the button but immediately wakes up. I need to access my work pc via remote desktop quite frequently at night and I don't like to power down overnight in case I need to log in.

Diamond66, Dec 4, 2014
  3. Windows 10 randomly wakes up from hibernate with source unkown

I have an Asus Vivo PC VM62 that came with free upgrade to Windows 10, so I upgraded.

Now since then I have been disturbed by wake ups from hibernate at random times. During night at odd hours or minutes after having put the PC to hibernate. Common for all these wake ups is the lack of source in the event log. I have gone through all devices
    and turned off any wake up and scanned all tasks for any settings that could give rise to wake up. The only thing left to wake the PC should be the power button. No WOL, no keyboard or mouse.

The events from the source Power-Troubleshooter says: Wake Source: Unknown.

I would very much like to in charge of when my PC is powered up.

I have yet another PC that is pending for upgrade, but I am reluctant to finalize the upgrade till I know the reason for unpredictable wake ups.

Does anyone know a possible reason for this to happen?

I have put this in topic: Performance as no other seemed to cover the problem.

PeterKyllesbeck, Dec 4, 2014
  4. jeffrys Win User

pc would not wake up

cannot help you Topper, recently my screen stays on, so i have to cut of the power.....

I guess i am not alone here.

I feel more problems with Windows 10 then ever with Windows 8 or 8,1

Jeff

jeffrys, Dec 5, 2014
  5. don`t forget its a preview i am not winging just trying to relay info.

ps. skype is doing some realy odd things.

toppergraph, Dec 5, 2014
  6. Saltgrass Win User
    I noticed the other day, one of my systems would not really wake up correctly. It started with a black screen and then started showing different parts of the screen, but the desktop never was usable. Neither the mouse or keyboard would work and I had to restart the system.

I was thinking one the recent updates was involved. If it continues, and you did not have problems with explorer before, you might try uninstalling that update, if you can.

Saltgrass, Dec 5, 2014
  7. jeffrys Win User
    Yes, it is a preview, but so was Win 8 en 8.1, so?

I think MS wants too much in a short time and then you get minor problems.

For those not liking Win 10 usually do not like Win 8 either, but you cannot stay in the "DARK AGES" forever.
    So no worries, Win 11 will com faster than you think.

This aside.

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

pc would not wake up

1. pc would not wake up - Similar Threads - wake

2. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  3. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  4. Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation: Hi, randomly my laptop will enter the windows 11 setup screen after boot up -- as if I've just started the computer for the first time. It only goes through a handful of Qs but not the full setup. For example, it asks if I want to use Bing as my default search provider in...
  5. Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation

Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation: Hi, randomly my laptop will enter the windows 11 setup screen after boot up -- as if I've just started the computer for the first time. It only goes through a handful of Qs but not the full setup. For example, it asks if I want to use Bing as my default search provider in...
  6. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  7. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  8. Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]: My computer cannot wake up from sleep. Everything is up to date, clean installation of Windows 11 23h2.Here is for the log from event viewer when it happens computer sleep: event viewer logand here is the system configuration: System AMD 3700x...
  9. Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]

Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]: My computer cannot wake up from sleep. Everything is up to date, clean installation of Windows 11 23h2.Here is for the log from event viewer when it happens computer sleep: event viewer logand here is the system configuration: System AMD 3700x...
  10. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...