Windows 10: PCI simple communications controller driver not found.

Discus and support PCI simple communications controller driver not found. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out what this PCI simple communications controller is and where can I download the driver for it. I've tried updating it from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winterwolf94, Aug 6, 2015.

1. PCI simple communications controller driver not found.

I'm trying to figure out what this PCI simple communications controller is and where can I download the driver for it. I've tried updating it from the device manager, but it tells me driver could not be found and a yellow exclamation icon appears in the device manager. If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also this is after doing a clean install of windows 10.

:)

Winterwolf94, Aug 6, 2015

2. 2nd monitor won't display after windows 10 upgrade

I recently upgraded to windows 10. Once I did that the system isn't recognizing my second monitor. I see I have an error on PCI simple communications Controller. I tried right clicking to update the driver but I get the error that Windows was unable to
    install your PCI Simple Communications Controller. The second monitor is an AOC E2752V. Very frustrating.

DebbyVerbeten, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows was unable to install pci simple communications controller

hey guys, sins I'm running windows 10 my pci driver wont install. it says this.

Windows was unable to install pci simple communications controller.

windows couldn't find the driver for your device .

can someone help me please.

RoyRietbroek, Aug 6, 2015
  4. neomatter Win User

PCI simple communications controller driver not found.

Best place to find them is the manufacturer's website. It could be chipset or Ethernet IIRC.

neomatter, Aug 6, 2015
  5. iBawbag Win User
    Z87 or Z97 Motherboard? I had this and it was the intel management engine driver!

PCI simple communication controller nowadays on an Intel system is code for the "Intel Management Engine"

iBawbag, Aug 6, 2015
  6. I'm not sure whats the model number of the motherboard I have. Its a lenovo y510p laptop. Where can I get this driver and is it necessary?

7. iBawbag Win User
  8. PCI simple communications controller driver not found.

Thank you very much! The driver worked, no more yellow exclamation in the device manager. Even though I still don't know exactly what it does lol.

9. iBawbag Win User
    Kind of complicated! lol

Intel Management Engine Interface or IMEI is one of the main components of the VPRO Remote Access technology by Intel. VPRO is an umbrella term that refers to a collection of several computer hardware technologies that help in managing the PCs. These technologies provide security features and enable remote accessing to the PC including the management, monitoring and maintenance irrespective of the operating system state and PC power state as well. IMEI manages the processor’s input/output operations.

What exactly is IMEI?
    Most of the people still remain confused with the term Intel Management Engine Interface as they have little knowledge of the computer hardware. So, here is a short definition of IMEI. Basically, it is an interface that uses the Intel ME hardware features to enable an interaction between high- and low-level hardware systems in a system. With this Intel feature, the administrators can now handle the tasks without intervention of the human beings. This has simplified various tasks in a computer system.
    Is IMEI required in all systems?

Intel Management Engine Interface allows you to work in both low as well as high level hardware environments. You can carry out various configuration tasks using this interface system. Also, some applications like remote access require connection between low and high levels of hardware in the board. For this IMEI is must.

Setting up the Management Engine (ME)
    Management engine is a low power, small computer sub-system that is built into many chipset based platforms of the processors. For utilising the Management Engine interface, you are required to setup the Intel’s ME by activating it successfully in compatible BIOS system of the PCs. Once the Management Engine is enabled in the system, you get access to different BIOS functions. For altering any existing changes in the BIOS system, you need to configure an initial password for the administrator when you enter the ME BIOS interface for the very first time.

With the help of ME, one can easily turn ON Intel’s active management technology already existing on the system. The power management feature of this technology saves overhead energy that is not in use. Management Engine shuts down after a definite interval of time when the interface is no longer active. This allows the systems to sleep thus saving power when not in use.

Tasks performed by the Management Engine
    The main component of Management Engine interface, ME performs a number of tasks in conditions when the system is running or in sleep mode. It also supports several tasks during the boot process. This sub-system is required for proper functioning and maximum efficiency of the PC. The interface checks whether the system is working properly or not while communicating with the operating system of PC.

Use of IMEI drivers
    It is well known that the Intel Management Engine Interface enables effectual communication between the Intel Management Engine firmware and the host operating system. The Driver installs the hardware required for proper functioning of interface. Intel Management Engine interface driver support is different for different operating systems.

iBawbag, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PCI simple communications controller driver not found.

1. PCI simple communications controller driver not found. - Similar Threads - PCI simple communications

2. PCI Simple Communications Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI Simple Communications Controller: I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L870 which I have done a clean install upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but I am missing the driver for the communications controller. I have looked on the internet but have no idea which one I need. The short part no. of my machine is...
  3. PCI Simple Communications Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCI Simple Communications Controller: I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L870 which I have done a clean install upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but I am missing the driver for the communications controller. I have looked on the internet but have no idea which one I need. The short part no. of my machine is...
  4. PCI Simple Communication controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI Simple Communication controllers: Turned on my Dell Inspirion n5110 laptop that has been working good until last night.I turned on laptop last night and couldnt connect to internet at all. in nearby networks there is nothing showing, say to on wifi. i do and then it goes right back to off. can not even get a...
  5. Driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller: Cannot find \VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_05021028&REV_04\3&11583659& PCI Simple Communications Controller driver. I am running latest Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron N4050 laptop. Dell says Windows 10 is not supported on N4050, but can I find a generic driver to solve this problem?...
  6. Driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller: Cannot find \VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_05021028&REV_04\3&11583659& PCI Simple Communications Controller driver. I am running latest Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron N4050 laptop. Dell says Windows 10 is not supported on N4050, but can I find a generic driver to solve this problem?...
  7. Driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. PCI simple communications controller

PCI simple communications controller: I reinstalled Windows 10 using the Media Creation tool thanks neilpzz!. Now my device manager shows there is an issue with my PCI simple communications controller: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. How do I fix this?...
  9. PCI simple communication controller driver

PCI simple communication controller driver: i updated from windows 7 to win 10 pro and now I don't have driver.i have dell OptiPlex 755. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pci-simple-communication-controller-driver/47f7efc9-788b-454a-bacc-0dce6842b40f
  10. PCI Simple Communication Controller Driver

PCI Simple Communication Controller Driver: I have a problem with PCI Simple Communication Controller Driver [ATTACH] help how can I install it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pci-simple-communication-controller-driver/93ffb1f8-a89c-43a8-84ac-97a72825b7f9