Windows 10: PCs in our organization are connecting to IP addresses in Asia upon being imaged with a...

Discus and support PCs in our organization are connecting to IP addresses in Asia upon being imaged with a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Upon installing a clean Windows 10 on a laptop, my firewall shows these machines attempting to connect to several IP addresses located in Asia. We... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RBish, Aug 16, 2018.

1. RBish Win User

PCs in our organization are connecting to IP addresses in Asia upon being imaged with a...

Upon installing a clean Windows 10 on a laptop, my firewall shows these machines attempting to connect to several IP addresses located in Asia. We block connections to several external countries in our organization, and need to find out what services are connecting to Hong Kong and Korea, and potentially disable those features/services.

Some examples:

52.114.7.36-37 - located in Hong Kong, and showing to be owned by Microsoft

40.100.20.2 (also .18 and .34) - located in Korea, and also showing to be owned by Microsoft

We need to know what these addresses are used for, and why the services are being routed overseas. Should we make exceptions for these addresses?

:)

RBish, Aug 16, 2018

2. IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 16, 2018
  3. spapakons Win User
    Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

I haven't tried, but you could connect your PC to the internet by cable and create an ad hoc wireless connection between the PC and the other device to get internet. Right-click on the network icon and select Network and Sharing Center. Then click on Change adapter settings. This shows all your adapters and connections. Right-click on the Ethernet connection and select Properties, then click the Sharing tab. Check the box to Allow sharing the connection and select your wireless connection from the list. I am not sure if it will work with automatic settings though, you may have to manually assign an IP address to the wireless connection. Then manually assign an IP address at the other device and set the Default gateway to the IP address of the PC's wireless connection. Also you have to create a new ad hoc connection and connect to that from the other device. I don't currently have a Wi-Fi card, so I cannot see the steps to guide you.

spapakons, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

PCs in our organization are connecting to IP addresses in Asia upon being imaged with a...

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. PCs in our organization are connecting to IP addresses in Asia upon being imaged with a... - Similar Threads - PCs organization are

2. IP Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP Address: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  3. Retrieve IP Address That We already RDP in our Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Retrieve IP Address That We already RDP in our Laptop: Hi Everyone, I hope you all doing well. I just want to ask how can we extract IP address that we have RDP before? For Example: User ABC try RDP to a server 10.XX.XX.XX using his laptop - So, where we can find history of IP Address 10.XX.XX.XX RDP in Laptop A? I already...
  4. My IP Address is being used by a Russia.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My IP Address is being used by a Russia.: I have received several E-mails & text stating that a Russia is logging into my MS Account and using my IP address. The text, today, is from 1505431-5306 prompting to call MS Support Team at 1858939-9277. The text gave me this IP address 249.36.18.92. Is this my IP...
  5. ip address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ip address: how do I find the ip address on my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/21cb2d30-43e4-430e-ac0a-63de4707dfb8
  6. IP Address.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  7. No IP address for Ethernet connection

No IP address for Ethernet connection: I recently bought a Netgear router. The Ethernet connection on the computer is not recognized because it does not have an IP address. How can I fix that?...
  8. IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP Address: How do I find the IP address of my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/2bb05fc1-6350-45a4-bd4d-fdd5a278655e
  9. IP Address

IP Address: How can I find my IP Address on facebook as I thank someone has tried to hack my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ip-address/4bba95ea-7fb3-4096-ae5e-95e62cbee6c2
  10. OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address: Apologies in advance... total novice here. Running windows 10 and using OpenVPN Connect. I used OpenVPN Connect a few weeks ago with no problem whatsoever. However, today when I log in it states that I'm "connected" VPN, yet when I click "go to" within OpenVPN I can see it...