Windows 10: PDF converted from webarchive can't be opened

Discus and support PDF converted from webarchive can't be opened in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a lot of webarchive files on my Mac that I need to be able to open on the pc. In Safari, if I open a webarchive file, and if I go print, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by battlezone, Jan 28, 2018.

1. PDF converted from webarchive can't be opened

I have a lot of webarchive files on my Mac that I need to be able to open on the pc. In Safari, if I open a webarchive file, and if I go print, I am given the choice to save as PDF, which is what I did. I can open those PDFs With Acrobat Reader on the Mac. I put the files on a memory stick but I cannot open them on the pc:

Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open XXXXX.pdf because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged.

When I check Properties on those converted files on the pc, they are properly identified as PDFs. Some of them are impossibly small. Like 4kb for a file that contains lots of pictures, each picture at least 100kb (but the file opens fine on the Mac).

Please advise.

:)

battlezone, Jan 28, 2018

2. Gmail and Windows 10 opening word docs from gmail

I have received a PDF in my gmail. I have to fill out form and send it back with a PDF attachment from Word in Windows 10. I can't see it unless I open it and it opens in Word and requires me to convert the doc to Word which I did, but Word wants to convert
    the PDF attachment as a Word format, too. How can I do that?

PatriciaTroxell, Jan 28, 2018
  3. Edge: cannot open lots of PDF files

To get Microsoft Edge to open pdf files - permanently:-

Open Internet Explorer.

Click on pdf logo at thop right of screen.

Click on 'Convert' and 'Convert current web page to an Adobe PDF file'.

Now check that Edge can open pdfs.

MalcolmHolden, Jan 28, 2018
  4. PiKo Win User

PDF converted from webarchive can't be opened

5. I did not find a solution at the Adobe forums, but it looks like the file names were the problem. Apparently, the pc does not allow empty spaces in file names. Once I replaced all empty spaces with hyphens, the files opened fine. I have some jpg files with empty spaces in the file name and they open on the pc ju7st fine. Weird.

battlezone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PDF converted from webarchive can't be opened

1. PDF converted from webarchive can't be opened - Similar Threads - PDF converted webarchive

2. PDF x converter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF x converter: Can’t open pdf x converter Just bought it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-x-converter/a211e831-3bdb-4f18-b0cf-62639ddcc6fb
  3. Converting from PDF to Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting from PDF to Word: How do I convert a document from a PDF to Word????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-from-pdf-to-word/f7b000a9-2990-4ced-aa0c-5308f2e36e02
  4. Converting from PDF to Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting from PDF to Word: How do I convert a document from a PDF to Word????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-from-pdf-to-word/f7b000a9-2990-4ced-aa0c-5308f2e36e02
  5. Convert PDF to DOC

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Convert PDF to DOC: I would like to convert a PDF into DOC . I am running Office 2010. Can it be done? 175195
  6. Convert docs to pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert docs to pdf: my computer has suddenly stopped being able to convert jpeg docs into pdf. It seems to go through the usual process before saying; 'sorry we couldn't find a programme etc. It's always done it before, any ideas why it's now stopped?...
  7. converting Excel to PDF

converting Excel to PDF: I am trying to convert an excel sheet to pdf in windows 10. I follow the instructions using Export. But instead of saving the current sheet, it saves a sheet from 2 years ago which is not opened...
  8. Can't open PDF files from web

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open PDF files from web: All of a sudden, I can't access any pdf files from the web anymore. I click the link to open the file (even ones that have worked fine before) and it just opens a new tab with a blank grey screen. I am using Chrome....
  9. convert pdf to zip

convert pdf to zip: convert pdf to zip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-pdf-to-zip/b8e0d014-f3ab-4beb-b8bb-35dbb24c0ae4"
  10. Converting a pdf file

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting a pdf file: I am using Windows 10 at the moment and am wondering if I can convert a pdf file to jpeg. Anyone know please? 79629