Windows 10: PDF creation and editing softare

Discus and support PDF creation and editing softare in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just moved back to the Windows platform when I purchased a new laptop, so I've forgotten more about Windows than I currently know. In the interest of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zooterpust, Sep 10, 2016.

1. PDF creation and editing softare

I just moved back to the Windows platform when I purchased a new laptop, so I've forgotten more about Windows than I currently know. In the interest of saving myself hours of Googling, I'm posting my question here.

Is there a free or very low cost PDF creation and editing software on the market? I need one that can create fillable forms from Word files saved as PDFs. Adobe wants about $450 for a nonsubscription version of Adobe Pro. Since I am retired and have only an occasional and noncommercial interest in fillable forms, the price Adobe is asking is way more than I'm willing to pay. I also don't like the idea of "subscribing" to software. As far as I'm concerned, when I've paid for it ONCE it should be mine to use until platform updates or something else makes it unusable. Old-fashioned of me, I guess.

If you know of a free or very low cost version of a PDF creation and editing software that is mostly bug-free, I'd be grateful for your sharing that information with me.

:)

Zooterpust, Sep 10, 2016
  2. prasik Win User

ms-office, Quickoffice, pdf reader for 6233

hi, i want to know can i use ms-office applications like word, exel, powerpoint, pdf reader with my 6233 phonr. these features are available with nokia N72 phone. there are some softares like Nokia_N72_AdbeRdr.sis,

Nokia_N72_Quickoffice.SIS are available for N72.

prasik, Sep 10, 2016
  3. How do I create a printable document with windows 10?

If you have Word for example (or whatever program you use to create and edit your documents), in Win10 you can Print to PDF and the file will be saved as a standard PDF file. The advantage is that while a Word DOC/DOCX might look slightly different depending
    on the version of Word installed on other people's PCs, PDFs are meant to look exactly the same everywhere. Also, people who don't have Word or your large document creation software installed can simply install any small PDF viewer instead (by default the
    Edge browser in Win10 itself can open PDFs) and view/print the file you've sent them.

PDFs can also be edited directly, but unless you have a PDF creator/editor installed, the easiest solution is to simply create your document, print to PDF and send the PDF to other people. Any time you want to make changes, edit the master document on your
    system, again print to PDF and send the new PDF. Simple.

RobertJWin, Sep 10, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

PDF creation and editing softare

You can print files directly to PDF in Windows there is a built in print driver

Samuria, Sep 10, 2016
  5. What I'm asking about is a program that can create fillable forms or edit the text and/or graphics of PDFs created through the printer driver.

Zooterpust, Sep 10, 2016
  6. Holy smokes!
    You're right!
    The retail cost of Adobe Acrobat Pro is $449!
    That's outrageous...
    I get a big educational discount for my Adobe software.
    So I had lost track of their <ahem> price-gouging.

You might have a look at PhantomPDF 8.0 by Foxit Software.
    There offer much more reasonable prices, both subscription and purchase.
    I think the Standard version will create fillable forms.
    But you want to give the Trial a spin, just to be sure, before committing.

PDF Editor, PDF Creator, and PDF Modifier - PhantomPDF | Foxit Software

Having said that, I have never used that product or anything from that company myself.
    So, I offer the suggestion "as is".

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 10, 2016
  7. So which version of Acrobat do you get an educational discount on, the subscription "DC" version or the nonsubscription version? I could not find an academic version available for the nonsubscription software.

Zooterpust, Sep 10, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

There is a nice comparison of free pdf tools at Techsupport (Gizmo) site. Won't find single program solution, but there is a lot of pdf utilities.

i.e. for making fillable forms:

AndreTen, Sep 10, 2016
  9. The PDFescape site is a VERY helpful suggestion. Thank you very much. It seems to do pretty much everything I need it to do with one notable exception: you seem to have to define each fillable field individually, while Acrobat discovers all of the fields simultaneously and sizes them appropriately for the font used or space provided. I have saved the link to PDFescape site to my desktop. Thanks again. I'll also check out the comparison link you provided.

Zooterpust, Sep 10, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    You're welcome!
    That quote was from that site *Smile (just an excerpt)

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PDF creation and editing softare - Similar Threads - PDF creation editing

2. Can’t edit pdf on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t edit pdf on Microsoft: Editing pdf on Microsoft *Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-edit-pdf-on-microsoft/1b387358-cdd9-4fed-a01e-860c0a74596e
  3. Interactive or editable pdf question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interactive or editable pdf question: Hi, I don't know where to post this question! I am using Windows 11. I have downloaded an interactive pdf form from the Australian Tax Office so it must be a proper and ethical production. However, when I try to complete the form, all the editable parts go fuzzy and cannot be...
  4. Editing PDF file in Foxit PDF Reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing PDF file in Foxit PDF Reader: when i edit PDF file in Foxit Reader, it shows fine in Foxit, Chrome and Edge, (PDF 2) but when i attach this file in Yahoo Mail, the Yahoo Mail Preview do not show changes (PDF 1) in Chrome EDIT however when i download the file from Yahoo Mail, it is fine ie showing changes...
  5. Editing PDF file in Foxit PDF Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing PDF file in Foxit PDF Reader: when i edit PDF file in Foxit Reader, it shows fine in Foxit, Chrome and Edge, (PDF 2) but when i attach this file in Yahoo Mail, the Yahoo Mail Preview do not show changes (PDF 1) in Chrome EDIT however when i download the file from Yahoo Mail, it is fine ie showing changes...
  6. Edit PDF File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit PDF File: I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC program only and I have a PDF file that I would like to edit. I understand that there is a way to do this if you also have Word. I only have WPAD, not Word. Is there anyway to do this without subscribing to Adobe's subscription service for...
  7. Editing a scanned PDF document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing a scanned PDF document: I own a Microsoft Surface with the latest windows update (1903 I think). I used to be able to open a scanned document in Paint and edit it (this was primarily erasing unwanted content). I scanned a document today, and can find no way to edit it. Is there something I can...
  8. Edit pdf file

in Windows 10 Support
    Edit pdf file: Hi How do I edit a pdf file? I've filled in a form, saved it to desktop as pdf, but noticed I missed something off on the form, gone back to fill in I've opened the form via Adobe Acrobat reader, clicked on "edit pdf" but it opens in a new tab quoting prices. 127817
  9. AMD RELEASED LATEST RADEON SOFTARE ADRENALIN EDITION 18.9.3 DRIVER v 18.30.19.01

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD RELEASED LATEST RADEON SOFTARE ADRENALIN EDITION 18.9.3 DRIVER v 18.30.19.01: today i am sharing direct downloading links from amd official website for windows 10-64bit https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/beta/Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.9.3-Sept26.exe for windows 10-32bit...
  10. AMD RELEASED LATEST RADEON SOFTARE ADRENALIN EDITION 18.9.3 DRIVER v 18.30.19.01

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD RELEASED LATEST RADEON SOFTARE ADRENALIN EDITION 18.9.3 DRIVER v 18.30.19.01: today i am sharing direct downloading links from amd official website for windows 10-64bit https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/beta/Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.9.3-Sept26.exe for windows 10-32bit...