Windows 10: PDF Creators for Windows 10

Discus and support PDF Creators for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New computer. In past, I’ve had/used various PDF makers e.g. Adobe, Foxit etc. and had problems with all of them. I’ve been reading reviews and, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jmdraft, Feb 20, 2016.

1. jmdraft Win User

PDF Creators for Windows 10

New computer. In past, I’ve had/used various PDF makers e.g. Adobe, Foxit etc. and had problems with all of them. I’ve been reading reviews and, so far, all seem like gibberish to me. I’m looking for suggestions about an easy to install, safe, easy to use, PDF maker that doesn’t install with extra, sneak in stuff like what is posted here: My Internet browser was hijacked by "from Doc to PDF" and "myway.com" home page.
    There are many free ones. I don’t mind buying one if the recommendations and reviews are good but, of course, as is so common now, I don’t want to be tricked into something. Can someone offer such suggestions and/or possible links to reliable reviews about them?

:)

jmdraft, Feb 20, 2016

2. PDF Files

Unable to open & view PDF files (such as PDF files in phone bills, cable TV bills, etc.). Running Windows 10 Creators Update. Thanks in advance for your assistance in solving this problem.

bklynchica44, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Creating a pdf file from a scanned document. I read that in windows 10 if comes with pdf creator software. If so where do I find it and how does it work?

My document is scanned and not in pdf format. I want to create this scanned document to a pdf document. I am trying to create a digital signature for the document. I read somewhere that pdf creator software came with windows 10. Where is this located
    and how do I open it.

Juanita Cannon, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 20, 2016
  5. jmdraft Win User
    Thanks Brink,
    I’ve had/used Foxit, both Reader and Phantom but had problems with both. Tried to contact them but closed today. I’ll try again tomorrow. Meanwhile, I want to try others. Any suggestions? As said, I don’t mind buying one if all available comments-reviews sound good.

jmdraft, Feb 20, 2016
  6. Shadow Delta, Feb 21, 2016
  7. gpstoloff Win User
    gpstoloff, Feb 22, 2016
  8. PJLLB Win User

Have you thought about creating the file in whatever program you use and then printing using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature? If it's not installed got to Control Panel>Turn Windows features on and off>Microsoft Print to PDF.

PJLLB, Feb 23, 2016
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    The issue I have with MS Print to PDF is that it always uses JPEG compression which may not be acceptable for certain tasks.

My favourite one is FreePDF XP. It needs Ghostscript to be installed too. Unfortunately it seems it doesn't work right under Win10 at the moment. It works after installation but it autodestroys itself after a while (and I don't know why).

Right now I am using Plotsoft's PDFill Image writer. It's easy to use, customisable, free and it is able to produce some different output formats: tif, png, jpeg, pdf...

eLPuSHeR, Feb 23, 2016
  10. jmdraft Win User
    "Turn Windows features on and off>Microsoft Print to PDF"
    This sounds like a good thing but I don’t see it.
    PDF Creators for Windows 10 [​IMG]

jmdraft, Feb 25, 2016
  11. topgundcp Win User
    @jmdraft
    Win+x->Programs and Features

topgundcp, Feb 25, 2016
  12. jmdraft Win User
    Thanks topgundcp

It was checked but now I don’t know what to do with/how to access it. Are there tutorials about it somewhere that you know of? I compose in Word and see Foxit and Adobe PDF but hovering over icons and drop downs, so far, I don’t see it.

jmdraft, Feb 25, 2016
  13. topgundcp Win User

It is setup as a virtual printer but instead of printing to paper, it will convert the document to a PDF file. So for any document, click on print then select "Print to PDF"
    Use with WORD:

topgundcp, Feb 25, 2016
  14. jmdraft Win User
    I did that but it started literally printing a paper copy with my printer and that’s not what I want. I didn’t see a way to select where to print it. I want it on my desktop so I can email it. It there a way/option etc. to select where it puts it?

jmdraft, Feb 25, 2016
  15. topgundcp Win User
    You need to select the "Print to PDF" as a printer from the list. As you can see, I also have a Brother Laser Printer, click on the drop down to select which one to print to.

topgundcp, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

1. PDF Creators for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PDF Creators

2. Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?: Why in the name of all that is holy does Microsoft require me to turn on my printer in order to print a PDF? It's absurd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-force-me-turn-on-my-printer/e4c2a2e0-e341-4d24-bc43-83c3f3456588
  3. Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?: Why in the name of all that is holy does Microsoft require me to turn on my printer in order to print a PDF? It's absurd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-force-me-turn-on-my-printer/e4c2a2e0-e341-4d24-bc43-83c3f3456588
  4. Why does Microsoft force me turn on my printer before I can create a pdf?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?: I am using Windows 11. I need to add a custom page size for Microsoft Print to PDF but there is no option to create a new size. Under advanced there is only the choice to select a number of default page sizes only....
  6. Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?: I am using Windows 11. I need to add a custom page size for Microsoft Print to PDF but there is no option to create a new size. Under advanced there is only the choice to select a number of default page sizes only....
  7. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  8. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  9. SAVING A PDF CREATOR DOCUMENT PATH, FROM/ ON SETUP OF PDF CREATOR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SAVING A PDF CREATOR DOCUMENT PATH, FROM/ ON SETUP OF PDF CREATOR: Saving a pdf creator doc should be saved as "ThisPC/Documents/ ??????file name" - but PDF creator sets it up as C/Users/user/Documents ?????? file name and it will not file any created document because the file path name is not recognised by my system. A message that it...
  10. any pdf creator which need not to be installed

any pdf creator which need not to be installed: Anybody knows any pdf creator which need not to install. 62175